Turkey Talk-Line for all your turkey needs or issues!

We just had our dinner. Rosemary-thyme roasted chicken with roasted potatoes, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. I tossed the sprouts in bacon fat and while that's completely unhealthy... sooooo good.

6 granny smith apples in small chunks, a bag of cranberries, 1 cup of sugar, half cup of water, 1 lemon sliced and pitted. Boil it then simmer 15 minutes, stir lots, become a saucier LOL. When it thickens remove from heat and add 3/4 cup of dried cranberries and stir some more. . We have a huge container left. It says can be kept for 2 weeks refrigerated. I doubt it will last a week with the recipes we looked up.

Thanks!

I've got butternut squash rolls rising on the counter

Now that sounds good as well! Would you share the receipe?

We just had our dinner. Rosemary-thyme roasted chicken with roasted potatoes, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. I tossed the sprouts in bacon fat and while that's completely unhealthy... sooooo good.

oh my gosh. I disliked brussels sprouts so much I never bought/cooked them once I moved out. But.. but... bacon.. I love bacon... sprouts in bacon fat?

oh my gosh. I disliked brussels sprouts so much I never bought/cooked them once I moved out. But.. but... bacon.. I love bacon... sprouts in bacon fat?
Yeah, I used to have a thing about Brussels sprouts. Trauma from rez food in university I think. But restaurants seem to be using them more, and it can be quite good.

Anyway, tossed it in bacon fat with salt, garlic powder and paprika. Put in the oven at 375. Roasted up nicely, although I suspect that 400 might be better - get everything caramelized a bit more.

Thanks!

Now that sounds good as well! Would you share the receipe?

Can't do brussel sprouts. Had 1 once and never got over the taste and texture. You all know what is good fried in bacon grease? SPAM. LOL Cringe away if you must :)

yum! i bought the pies...maybe one day i’ll be good enough to bake my own.

have a great dinner!
With all the other wonderful things you make you can do this. I used to make my own pastry but these days I just use Tenderflake frozen crusts (huge timesaver). Making a pumpkin pie using canned pumpkin is so easy (pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling). I don't like nutmeg in my pies so I always make them.

I’m being a bit lazy this year...

while I have brined my turkey and am waiting to pop it in the oven... I had everything else catered:poop:

stuffing, mashed potatoes , gravy
, cranberry sauce, mixed veggies and sweet potatoes- all sitting in bake ready trays in my fridge waiting to be popped in the oven lol

I did make the pumpkin pie myself, but I seriously could not find the energy to cook everything from scratch for 18 people this year.

With all the other wonderful things you make you can do this. I used to make my own pastry but these days I just use Tenderflake frozen crusts (huge timesaver). Making a pumpkin pie using canned pumpkin is so easy (pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling). I don't like nutmeg in my pies so I always make them.

that doesn’t sound so hard! thanks for sharing :)

We called about 8 years ago on Christmas Day. My sister's first time doing a turkey and our aunt was generously providing the bird! She bought it at Safeway, a Butterball pre-stuffed frozen turkey. Safeway had stuk the sticker right over the instructions, and the turkey had been defrosting for a day in the cooler in the garage. the sticker was coming off and we read that you were to cook it from FROZEN!!! Called Butterball, said it would be fine, just make sure it's cooked. DH is a chef , and said to be safe we took out the Butterball stuffing and replaced with fresh homemade stuffing. All was well and dinner was delicious. DSis first attempt was saved!

How did I miss this thread?

I brine my turkey...it just makes for yummy moist breast meat. Instead of cooking in breast side down...I cover with cheese cloth that I soak in wine, chicken stock and melted butter :lovestruc Then I baste with the drippings. A brined turkey will take less time to cook if your brine is a salt/sugar mixture. I also stuff my turkey...as the brine makes the dressing taste even yummier lol. When my boys were nodding their heads while shoving their faces with everything...You know it was a good meal. I also double check with a meal thermometer as to how done it is

Honestly...I don't know if you could have a bad turkey meal...unless it was undercooked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter