Turndown Service at the Poly

kissygoose

Earning My Ears
I'm hoping someone can give me a little advice on this. My new husband and I will be traveling to Disney World next week for our honeymoon. It is our first time there and also through a lot of luck our first time at a delux resort (what can I say, we're a couple of hicks). I've been trying to read up on tipping and such to prepare our envelopes this weekend and I keep seeing something about turndown service. It seems that this is not an autimatic service other than for Concierge, though you can request it. Am I correct in this? Since we are not staying Concierge (although I wish we were) I was thinking it would be a lovely touch to our honeymoon if I request it. Do you think it is worth it and how would one go about doing such a thing? Any information would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much.:wave: :sunny:

If I recall correctly, you upgraded from CBR to Polynesian. I would ask that you receive turn down service at the time you check in. They should forward your request to housekeeping OR advise you how to proceed if they are unable to make the request on your behalf. You may need to call housekeeping on your own once you are in your room.

It's not a big thing really--the Polynesian and all of the deluxe resorts used to perform this service as a matter of course. As you said, now it's only routine in concierge.

Just let the front desk know of your desire and they will direct you accordingly. If you do not receive the service the first evening, ask again--the squeaky wheel and all that. . . :D

The Polynesian staff is typically very good at accommodating--hope you enjoy your stay as much as we always do!

Hey kissygoose- we used to race horses at the Clearfield Fair!! Small world.

Have a fantastic honeymoon. Here's sending you some pixie dust for some complimentary upgrades!!:D

I can't wait for your report. We are staying at the Poly for the first time in January.

Because we are a family of 5, there is always more than one bed. When we have 3 beds I tip $3, four beds (AKL bunkbed room), I tip $4.

Having said that, if there was just a king bed, I think I would still tip at least the $2.

The chocolates are yummy! Enjoy!

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter