Tusker House

ariel_fan76

Mouseketeer
how many table service credits is Tusker House? One person told me one and another told me two? Also is it worth going to?

how many table service credits is Tusker House? One person told me one and another told me two? Also is it worth going to?

Tusker House is only one credit for any and all meals, including the Rivers of Light packages.

All reports I've seen say it is very good, but we've never been.

It's one TS credit.

"Worth it" is highly personal. Some love it, some aren't crazy about it. Our family loves breakfast there, but not real crazy about the lunch/dinner offerings. We love Boma dinner, though.

We had breakfast there. We really liked it. If you have a lot of picky eaters, they may be underwhelmed, but more adventurous eaters will probably like it.

Taking our first trip in aug and we have reservations for dinner there and I have one picky eater but I am sure he will find something!!!

By the way thanks everyone for answering my question!! I will probably have lots more coming

We really enjoy the food at Tusker House. We've done both breakfast and lunch and would give a slight advantage to the breakfast. As for the character experience, it's not our favourite, but still enjoyable. I find the place big and really noisy and in some areas the tables are really close together so getting a decent photo without chairs/tables in the way can be tricky.

All that being said, it's definitely worth trying. We like the PPO breakfast and then going immediately to the Safari so that we don't have to use a FP for it.

When do they post river of light packages? How can I switch my regular reservation over when they do?

It's one TS credit.

"Worth it" is highly personal. Some love it, some aren't crazy about it. Our family loves breakfast there, but not real crazy about the lunch/dinner offerings. We love Boma dinner, though.
Same here! I loooove breakfast here...great selection. But i dont like lunch/dinner at all.

We did the Tusker House Rivers of Light package on the dining plan. It's only one credit and I thought the food was good, although it would've been nice to have some ice cream available for dessert :-)

I did Tusker House ROL package for lunch over Memorial Day. I don't have kids but love the character meals anyway. The waiter was good about letting us know how the characters went table to table but it did take a long time if you wanted to see them all and we were done eating way before that.

The food was just ok. It is admittedly better than some buffets but I found the tastes lacking and only took one bite of some things (thank goodness I take small portions so less waste). It is not somewhere that I will return.

With one dining plan credit for the ROL package it is not a bad deal though and ROL was full the night we went so I was glad we had reserved seating. I did book another ROL package for October but will try Tiffins instead. And, the packages are now available through October.

It's a character buffet, so keep your foodie expectations in check, but I have always enjoyed TH. It's 1 credit. I'm not vegetarian, but it does have some tasty vegetarian dishes. I really like a tofu dish there, the salmon, and the samosas. My kids like it too. They have friend plantains, and some typical kids food such as mac and cheese. The restaurant is very pretty in the inside. It can get a little noisy (like all character meals). It's probably not as good as Boma, but at least the food has different flavor than what you typically find in theme parks. The ROL is one of the few ADRs we've booked for September. Must be booked as ROL. Best option is to cancel your TH reservation and rebook as ROL.

It's my favourite character breakfast. We had a really good time and left full when we went.

We love Tusker House! Does anyone know if characters are at dinner? We've only dined for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter