Two Geeks and A 9/16 At-Home Disney-ish Wedding - We're married!

Where has the time gone??? I love your sneak peak pictures! The ring shot is so neat. And I'm super jealous that you guys could just go do them on property! :P Can't wait to see the reaction shot - I think having some of those mixed in with your photos really make them 'you' and special. I hope I get some of those.

EIGHT MORE WEEKS

In exactly eight weeks, we'll be at the rehearsal lunch with everyone! And then after that, we'll be heading to MK as a group for MNSSHP!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

WHAT.

Anyway. We're still finalizing some things and have to set up a menu tasting with the caterer. I'm making DF deal with that. Hopefully we can do it next Friday and make it a beach day, since they're out at Cocoa. It's about an hour and a half to two hour drive to get there, so we figure we'll just make a day of it. In a couple of weeks, my mom will be here again and probably not leaving until after the wedding. She'll be down in Fort Pierce taking care of my uncle (he had a massive stroke in April), since he can't live by himself yet. Once she gets here, I'm going to make an appointment to take my dress in for the bustle. I'm pretty sure that's all it needs.

We also need to figure out the table names. We're doing names instead of numbers, but we can't decide what names. I like the idea of doing park attractions, but he wants to do Disney couples. We'll figure it out.

Earlier in the week, we ordered our rings! We got a voucher for free rings from a bridal show, and we finally got around to ordering them. They came in yesterday!

IMG_7449.JPG

This is the box they came in. I absolutely love it and think it's adorable. I have a thing for polka dots :lmao: I'll definitely be keeping the box.

IMG_7450.JPG

Mine with my engagement ring. They don't match, but that's okay. They're different metals (the band is tungsten and the engagement ring is sterling silver), and they weren't made to match.

IMG_7451.JPG

His and mine. :lovestruc

IMG_7452.JPG

The company we got them from also sent us a gift card for another set of wedding bands to give to someone! Since one of our groomsmen and one of our bridesmaids are engaged (to each other), we're going to give it to them.

We've also worked out who's walking down the aisle with who, as far as bridal party. Becky and Jacquie are walking with Wil (maid and matron of honor with best man), Mike S with Kim (they're the engaged ones), Josh with Lela (my brother and a friend), and JP and Jade (our officiant's boyfriend and my niece). One of our groomsmen had to step down because his girlfriend (now fiance) got pregnant and they're due in late October or early November. She doesn't feel comfortable traveling so far close to her due date, which is totally fine. We told them that they're still invited if they want to come as guests, but that we definitely understand. They did RSVP no, which is sad. They're also getting married sometime soon, last I heard.

We've gotten about half of our RSVPs back so far. Half of the ones we've gotten back have been yes, while the other half have been no. The deadline is August 1. We figure that if they don't know by then, they're probably not coming, given the distance most people have to travel.

Yesterday, we got an email that our proofs from our engagement shoot were ready! So when DF got home, we went over them and emailed our photographer about a couple of them. The infamous lip biting picture is nowhere to be found, so I asked her about that one. She said she couldn't find it and asked if it was at the Poly or WL and that she'd look for it again. Hopefully it's somewhere. Even if it's blurry or out of focus, I'd like to see it, lol. Anyway, we should have the full set in a day or two, depending on how long it takes her to get to them.

We've also decided that we're doing s'more packs instead of truffles for the favors. Those will be significantly easier, since I can rope everyone else into helping :lmao:

I think that's about it for now. I can't believe it's only eight weeks away!

We made our engagement book via Shutterfly when we got one of those 'Free Photobook' coupons and it honestly does the trick. I don't like it much now, but that has more to do with the design choices I made at the time :) If you want any canvases around the home I highly, highly recommend Canvas on Demand - they run a lot of Groupons so they are very affordable and good quality!

Eleven weeks!!!!!!!!!!

That's what we're most likely going to do. I get emails from them sometimes with free codes, but I also just googled it and found one on a couponing site :lmao: I'll definitely keep Canvas on Demand in mind! We have a gift card from a bridal show for a free glass portrait, but I think we're saving that for when we get wedding pictures :teeth:

Beautiful sneak peak photos.

Thank you! :lovestruc

Nice photo! I love you color choices on outfits!

Thanks! We accidentally matched, but that's okay :teeth:

Where has the time gone??? I love your sneak peak pictures! The ring shot is so neat. And I'm super jealous that you guys could just go do them on property! :P Can't wait to see the reaction shot - I think having some of those mixed in with your photos really make them 'you' and special. I hope I get some of those.

I KNOW. And now there's even LESS time! I really like that ring shot. She did another in the sand, but I didn't like that one very much. There are a few others that we quite liked. :lmao: We get that a lot, that people are jealous that we can just go on property whenever. I hope you get some "you" photos, too! They're fun! :teeth:

Love the sneak peak! Can't wait to see more.

We just got the proofs yesterday, so we should be getting the finalized ones soon! :yay:

Lovely pics Dana. I love the simplicity and tenderness of this one...

082-jpg.183629

8 weeks? That's not long to go.

Love the engagement pictures. You two are such a lovely couple.

Lovely pics Dana. I love the simplicity and tenderness of this one...

082-jpg.183629

I know, I absolutely love that picture! I want to get a print of it made for our living room wall. I really, truly think that we picked the perfect photographer for us.

8 weeks? That's not long to go.

Love the engagement pictures. You two are such a lovely couple.

I know, I can't believe how quickly this is coming up!

Thank you :lovestruc I love them. There's only one or two that I don't like, but I love the rest of them!

I love all of these. And really wish I lived close enough to do photos at the resorts.

I can't believe your wedding is almost here!!!!!!!

Beautiful pictures! And at one of my favorite places!

Ours, too! I love the way those resorts look, and I'm so happy we did them there!

I love all of these. And really wish I lived close enough to do photos at the resorts.

I can't believe your wedding is almost here!!!!!!!

We get that a lot :lmao: I'll post a picture of us at MK on Facebook and someone will comment about how they're jealous that we can go whenever we want :lmao:

I KNOW! In 50 days, we'll be getting ready to start the ceremony!

Your pictures are lovely! I'm so glad she found the lip biting one :-) I love your dresses too. Now I'm almost second-guessing engagement pictures...

Hopefully we can make it a point to check out some of the resorts on our Disneymoon. They just look so lovely, I think it would be great to wander around them.

And I missed it before, but I also love boxes and would totally keep that ring box. I went through my jewelry recently, and even though none of my boxes are that adorable (they're mostly basic little ring boxes and such), I couldn't get rid of them. It was like... this is the engagement ring box... this is the promise ring box... this is my high school graduation ring box... and another from when I got it cleaned... and the Pandora charms box... I'm a dork. :confused3

Ahhhh I just put two and two together! I had no idea this was the same Dana as from all the Facebook groups I'm apart of until I saw your engagement pics! This is Lauren...I'm helping to organize the Disney Friends meet-up coming up in September!

Just wanted to say that I love your engagement pictures! So adorable and I LLOVE Emily Gilbert's style! I almost booked her for my wedding and am still hoping to do a Potter session with her some day (maybe for our 1-year anniversary).

Your pictures are lovely! I'm so glad she found the lip biting one :-) I love your dresses too. Now I'm almost second-guessing engagement pictures...

Hopefully we can make it a point to check out some of the resorts on our Disneymoon. They just look so lovely, I think it would be great to wander around them.

And I missed it before, but I also love boxes and would totally keep that ring box. I went through my jewelry recently, and even though none of my boxes are that adorable (they're mostly basic little ring boxes and such), I couldn't get rid of them. It was like... this is the engagement ring box... this is the promise ring box... this is my high school graduation ring box... and another from when I got it cleaned... and the Pandora charms box... I'm a dork. :confused3

Me too! I'm so happy she found it, it makes me so happy :teeth: I really love those dresses. The blue one was actually what I was wearing the day we met! Honestly, we had a really good time doing the engagement pictures. It was nice getting to meet our photographer and getting used to her shooting style before the actual day.

The resorts really are beautiful! They also have some fantastic restaurants. We love going to the different resorts and wandering around and trying the restaurants.

I try not to keep boxes, honestly. I have a thing about clutter, thanks to my dad being a bit of a hoarder. That one's just so cute!

Ahhhh I just put two and two together! I had no idea this was the same Dana as from all the Facebook groups I'm apart of until I saw your engagement pics! This is Lauren...I'm helping to organize the Disney Friends meet-up coming up in September!

Just wanted to say that I love your engagement pictures! So adorable and I LLOVE Emily Gilbert's style! I almost booked her for my wedding and am still hoping to do a Potter session with her some day (maybe for our 1-year anniversary).

:lmao: That's hilarious :teeth: Nice to see you on here as well! I'll poke at your PJ later. I actually saw it before and somehow forgot to follow it! We're hoping to be at the meet up, so we'll see how it goes.

I love our engagement pictures! I want to print some of them out so that we can put them up around the apartment :teeth: I loved your photographer's style as well, but she was out of our price range (if I remember right). We'd love to do a Potter session with her, if we can ever get APs for Universal :headache:

First of all, LOVE your rings!! I love that yours and DF's are a set, IMO that's just as romantic if not more so than it matching your engagement ring. And YAY for free!!

I'm 99% sure I said something on FB but just in case (ah Europe brain farts) your engagement pictures are just stunning. You guys are such a cute couple and the love is real man :goodvibes Just a few more weeks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!