Two month's car hire?

Steve133

Earning My Ears
Hi, my girlfriend and I are flying out to Orlando 27th March 2019 and returning to the UK 24th May. We'll be staying at DVC Saratoga Springs for the first week, then travelling up to Savannah, Georgia, then to DVC Hilton Head Island. After that our itinerary is flexible - we'll go where the fancy takes us, staying in motels, hotels, AirBnBs etc - although we expect to head into Alabama and Louisiana.

Who would be the best company for car hire? (We'll be arranging this in Orlando, while staying at DVC Saratoga Springs. We've used Dollar in the past and also booked via the Disney DVC places).

We've heard that we need to be aware high mileage and taking the vehicle out of state.

Any tips at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Go with any of the big rental agencies who give you the best price (dollar, enterprise, thrifty, alamo, avis ) - you'll want to prebook this online before arriving in orlando

Get a rental with unlimited mileage - most come with

driving out of state isn't an issue - driving out of the country can be, but usually isn't - you just have to let the agency know and have the right paperwork for the border

be aware of one way fees if you aren't returning the car back to orlando

also some rental agencies have maximum rental periods, so 2 months might be pushing it, you'll just have to check with the agencies

remember you want LDW/CDW covered, if you're booking through .co.uk websites they should usually automatically include it

We rented a car for 5 weeks and when we returned it, the employer was surprised we'd put 3,000 miles on the car!!

We have done lots of road trips all over the states, and in my experience there is no "best" company, as rates and options are constantly changing. If you have the time and inclination, checking travel sites and the companies direct and the comparing will save you ££££

Book your car hire in the UK BEFORE you travel

rentalcars .com holidayautos.com sixtcarhire.com arguscarhire.com

ALL Give you PrePAY Voucher .... unlimited millage .. & insurance cover ... Full to Full Fuel

Do NOT rent when you arrive

Thanks to everyone who's helped, I really appreciate it. We had actually looked last weekend & found one for £648 for the two months. For various reasons we didn't book it. When we went back during the week, the cheapest we could find is around £1000. I know this sounds paranoid, but I suspect this is being tracked and they're seeing that we're still looking and the price has risen.

If you think that's the case then either clear cookies or use another device/IP to look.

If you think that's the case then either clear cookies or use another device/IP to look.
Thanks Kate, I should have updated, I did this. Cleared cookies etc etc, went to a different location for new IP address (used IPCONFIG to double-check). Also went to a friend's house. Unfortunately, same result!

I suspect we're gonna have to take the best price we an now find. We've thought about initially renting for a short while, then when we're out of Orlando area renting again; on the assumption Orlando is one of the busiest tourist destinations on the planet, so prices are high.

Thanks for the advice!

Oooor. (now I don't know whether this is true or not) Orlando is the busiest tourist destinations on the planet and so have plenty of stock and there are deals to be had?

I guess it depend on the time of year you're renting and how busy their market is. If you move out of Orlando you might find other rentals have a lot of snowbirds renting cars for several months at a time at certain times of year and so April might be when they return their cars and head north? Sorry I'm not being more helpful. Just keep looking I guess. Put in lots of different car rental places (sanford, tampa, could even get the train up to Jacksonville to rent there?) and vary the dates a bit to see if you spot any patterns. Two shorter rentals might be better in some instances, but overall I would think a rental starting in march would be more enticing to an Orlando rental firm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!