Two new Podcast members...still no diversity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I wanted to stay offsite, there are a plurality of options for a large group.

I'm still here wanting for that Disney Bubble.

I made a post about this some time ago but I agree. My family drives because we are close enough where it makes more sense to do that. So we have the luxury of having our own car and therefore can come and go as we please, and we typically use our own car to go to the parks, which means staying at an off-site hotel is an option. However, we stay on-site because we love being in the Disney bubble.

I got to see them live 5 times. R40 was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Xanadu live was amazing!

Oh man yeah Rush live is amazing! The Peart solo alone yeesh. Never got to see Xanadu live so that's absolutely cool! My personal live fave was Natural Science.

There is PLENTY of age diversity in terms of senior citizens. I was relieved to see the addition of Morgan. She's a younger woman with a very different perspective. Just like I appreciate Julie's presence. She adds a mom's perspective. She has little kids, the others do not.
I believe Jackie and Theresa have children and they were young when T started with the team. If you go back and listen to the old podcasts there were episodes where T had her daughter try the Kids Clubs. Also their are members on the team that have just gotten started and may have kids. Other members of the team now have grandchildren that they go to the park with so the children perspective is covered.

In defense of the podcasts, it seems like most require the person moving to Orlando as few of the members are remote or call in. Maybe they haven't found the right poc who would move to Orlando.

In defense of the podcasts, it seems like most require the person moving to Orlando as few of the members are remote or call in. Maybe they haven't found the right poc who would move to Orlando.
True. Florida is quite fascist but there are a lot of POC who live there sooo again maybe it’s not necessarily a work environment POC feel welcomed in? I don’t know I’m not accusing anyone of anything.

Diversity comes in all forms. Where is the representation of seniors at Disney??? One touring guide gives 2 paragraphs to it.
There are ALOT of us "older" folks who love Disney and go there frequently. Just as there are other groups of people who visit. I wish they had a senior citizen to give there viewpoints too. But I can see that they would want to pull from the Travel Agency pool of employees who have alot of experience in all areas of dealing with Disney, and that is their choice in the end.

I agree with you. I have been thinking about this for a few weeks and have watched several of the podcasts. None of these are "my people". The way I live, how I tour, the things I like are not what they seem to cover. That is probably why I don't really watch many of the podcasts. I HATE their dining reviews. With the exception of Deni, they have no clue about many of the food items, they constantly mispronounce things, and they barely show the food. When I watch a food review, I want a bit more details then, "It's OK".

I have been thinking about this for a few weeks and have watched several of the podcasts. None of these are "my people". The way I live, how I tour, the things I like are not what they seem to cover. That is probably why I don't really watch many of the podcasts. I HATE their dining reviews.
And that's a totally valid opinion. Personally, I really enjoy the Tuesday show and I occasionally listen to the Dreams show but that's about it. I'm either not interested in or don't care for the Universal show, Disneyland show, Disney Cruise show, DVC show, dining reviews, etc. Like you, I find that the things they cover don't mesh with the way we travel. We stay offsite in a rental condo or house and do a lot of our shopping and dining offsite. We don't enjoy paying Disney prices for rooms or meals so onsite hotel and restaurant reviews simply don't appeal or apply to us for the most part.

That said, I don't blame the DIS for any of that and I don't expect them to change their focus to appeal to folks like me. They are running a travel agency so their shows are tailored to appeal to their clients and potential clients. There are plenty of other places to get information that they don't cover for whatever reason.

And that's a totally valid opinion. Personally, I really enjoy the Tuesday show and I occasionally listen to the Dreams show but that's about it. I'm either not interested in or don't care for the Universal show, Disneyland show, Disney Cruise show, DVC show, dining reviews, etc. Like you, I find that the things they cover don't mesh with the way we travel. We stay offsite in a rental condo or house and do a lot of our shopping and dining offsite. We don't enjoy paying Disney prices for rooms or meals so onsite hotel and restaurant reviews simply don't appeal or apply to us for the most part.

That said, I don't blame the DIS for any of that and I don't expect them to change their focus to appeal to folks like me. They are running a travel agency so their shows are tailored to appeal to their clients and potential clients. There are plenty of other places to get information that they don't cover for whatever reason.

Exactly, and my point was that there is no way that any one group will have everyone "covered". We are all just too different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter