Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

Why would I not buy this?! I actually just came here to post thinking it must be a glitch.

Here's a little more of the fine print. I had bought 6-day passes from UT that I had been planning to upgrade to Gold APs. Now, I'm wondering whether to use them at all!

Important Information

• Pass must be purchased by January 3, 2018. First use must occur by December 31, 2018.
  • Annual passes are valid for 365 days from the date of redemption.
  • Renewals will be valid for 365 days from the original Pass Anniversary Date.
  • Renewals can be purchased 60 days prior to the expiration date.
  • Limit 8 purchases per household, per 12-month period.
  • This offer is part of Membership Extras. New purchasers after April 4, 2016 must purchase directly from Disney to have access to Membership Extras.

Here's a little more of the fine print. I had bought 6-day passes from UT that I had been planning to upgrade to Gold APs. Now, I'm wondering whether to use them at all!

Important Information

• Pass must be purchased by January 3, 2018. First use must occur by December 31, 2018.
  • Annual passes are valid for 365 days from the date of redemption.
  • Renewals will be valid for 365 days from the original Pass Anniversary Date.
  • Renewals can be purchased 60 days prior to the expiration date.
  • Limit 8 purchases per household, per 12-month period.
  • This offer is part of Membership Extras. New purchasers after April 4, 2016 must purchase directly from Disney to have access to Membership Extras.
Ok if I buy the pass by Jan 2018
It's the Platinum Plus Pass (the one that also includes the Water Parks) which makes it an excellent value.
That is an great value IMO

I am happy with this offering, but I am a bit confused.

My AP expires in January, so the January 3rd "purchase date" works, but there's also an October 1, deadline. Since I cannot renew until 60 days before our current pass expires, will I be able to take advantage. We have the "no black out days " pass, since we always are there for NYE.

We have trips planned for August 2017, February 2018, and November 2018. So I'd originally bought a 6-day PH from UT with the plan of upgrading to the Gold AP for August 2017 and February, and then maybe getting another AP for the trip in November. But August is prime water park weather, so now I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the Platinum AP now (and would they bridge the price from the 6 day PH I have) and/or get another one for November + 2019 trip?

I am happy with this offering, but I am a bit confused.

My AP expires in January, so the January 3rd "purchase date" works, but there's also an October 1, deadline. Since I cannot renew until 60 days before our current pass expires, will I be able to take advantage. We have the "no black out days " pass, since we always are there for NYE.
The 10/1 date is to get 13 months on the renewal. If you renewed after 10/1 you should still be eligible for the extra savings on the Platinum Plus Pass but it would only be the normal 12 month renewal.

If I am renewing but currently hold a gold pass, is it considered renewing?

Interesting that they also mention a 13 month offer for renewals.

Renew Your Pass – and Enjoy an Extra Month
When you renew your annual pass by October 1, 2017 (and before it expires), you'll get a 13-month pass! That gives you an extra month to experience the magic of Walt Disney World Resort.

Remember, you can renew up to 60 days in advance of the expiration date on your pass.

The renewal for a Gold Pass would be cheaper than this offer, but the other includes the Water parks and more.

FYI, these offers are restricted as part of Membership Extras.

This offer is part of Membership Extras. New purchasers after April 4, 2016 must purchase directly from Disney to have access to Membership Extras.

Interesting when you read the fine print about the 7 day ticket it says all days must be used within 6 months of first use. HOwever in the past I believe all DVC special tickets were treated like regular park tickets (which expire 14 days from first use). Do we think this is a mistake or are we being given special tickets like the Florida resident ones that can be used over a 6 month period?

Hmmm..Looking at the 7-day tickets.

The fine print says that they can be used for up to 6 months following the first day of use, so you could use them on multiple visits if you have two trips planned.

But I'm confused by this wording:
Important Information

• Ticket must be first used by December 31, 2018.
  • Tickets are valid for admission beginning July 6, 2017 and must be used within 6 months of first use or by June 30, 2018, whichever occurs first.
  • Offer valid for the Disney Vacation Club Members and up to 7 family members (must live in the same household).
  • All tickets and options are nontransferable and exclude activities/events separately priced.
  • Multi-day tickets are valid for one Walt Disney World theme park per day for each day of the ticket.

Hmmm..Looking at the 7-day tickets.

The fine print says that they can be used for up to 6 months following the first day of use, so you could use them on multiple visits if you have two trips planned.

But I'm confused by this wording:
Important Information

• Ticket must be first used by December 31, 2018.
  • Tickets are valid for admission beginning July 6, 2017 and must be used within 6 months of first use or by June 30, 2018, whichever occurs first.
  • Offer valid for the Disney Vacation Club Members and up to 7 family members (must live in the same household).
  • All tickets and options are nontransferable and exclude activities/events separately priced.
  • Multi-day tickets are valid for one Walt Disney World theme park per day for each day of the ticket.
Do they have any blackout dates?

Wow, what a great promotion! I just bought a FL resident Silver pass that has not been activated. Wondering if I can upgrade to this annual pass over the phone or in person? Has anyone had any experience with upgrading a pass prior to a trip?

I assume I will still be able to get this deal, if I upgrade my 7 day hopper when I get there in September?

So, if I renew my existing gold pass and get the 13-month deal, can I then upgrade using this deal to squeeze out an extra month?

Wow, what a great promotion! I just bought a FL resident Silver pass that has not been activated. Wondering if I can upgrade to this annual pass over the phone or in person? Has anyone had any experience with upgrading a pass prior to a trip?

DVC members cannot upgrade an AP via phone, it has to be in person. I don't know about Florida residents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter