Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

During the renewal window, you can upgrade/downgrade to any level of annual pass you are entitled to and keep the renewal savings.
So can a DVC member, who is eligible for the $559 platinum plus offer and also in their renewal window get the platinum plus pass for the 15 percent renewal discount off the $559 ( 559x.85= about $475), AND get the extra month for renewing if done within before Oct 1?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but we currently have gold passes and are not planning to return to Disney before this promotion expires. I called to see if we could upgrade over the phone and they told me it could not be done. Has anyone successfully upgraded gold tickets over he phone (you know how different cast members sometimes have different information)? Incidentally, I was bummed to find this deal after we returned from Disney on July 10th. I certainly would have done it then if I had known!

Sorry if this has already been asked, but we currently have gold passes and are not planning to return to Disney before this promotion expires. I called to see if we could upgrade over the phone and they told me it could not be done. Has anyone successfully upgraded gold tickets over he phone (you know how different cast members sometimes have different information)? Incidentally, I was bummed to find this deal after we returned from Disney on July 10th. I certainly would have done it then if I had known!
I think this is possible, but not through DVC MS. Call Disney Ticketing at 407-566-4985 option 5. They have the folks who can do it, and if for some reason it is not possible, they would know.

Hi guys

Need an advice.

I’m a current AP holder which expires 20th of September 2017

What is my best option to upgrade either with or without the 13 months?

I don’t have any trips planned until may 2018 maybe need to postpone it to sep 2018.

If you renew, your AP will then expire 20th September 2018. If the earliest you'd use it would be May 2018, I don't think I'd renew. I'd buy a new AP and activate it in May (or September) 2018.

If you renew, your AP will then expire 20th September 2018. If the earliest you'd use it would be May 2018, I don't think I'd renew. I'd buy a new AP and activate it in May (or September) 2018.

That was also what I thought but I wasn’t sure if I had other options.

Was kinda hoping I could renew but not activate until may or September 2018.

Hi guys

Need an advice.

I’m a current AP holder which expires 20th of September 2017

What is my best option to upgrade either with or without the 13 months?

I don’t have any trips planned until may 2018 maybe need to postpone it to sep 2018.

And will you have another trip within 12 months of either May 2018 or Sept 2018? If so just buy the voucher for the AP. If it made sense to have an AP for either trip in 2018 and you weren't going to be back within 12 months of the 2018 trip then renewing would still be the way to go. But if you'd get a couple of trips on the new AP vs 1 trip on a renewal then the new should be the one that makes sense.

And will you have another trip within 12 months of either May 2018 or Sept 2018? If so just buy the voucher for the AP. If it made sense to have an AP for either trip in 2018 and you weren't going to be back within 12 months of the 2018 trip then renewing would still be the way to go. But if you'd get a couple of trips on the new AP vs 1 trip on a renewal then the new should be the one that makes sense.

Yes I expect to have another trip within 12 months of may or sept 2018. Ideally I would have 3 trips within the first use of the AP.

I ordered the AP online a couple weeks ago. Am I supposed I get something in the mail? I haven't received anything yet. Thanks.

I ordered the AP online a couple weeks ago. Am I supposed I get something in the mail? I haven't received anything yet. Thanks.

You should have gotten an email with a barcode on it that you bring to the ticket window/guest services. When I bought mine online it asked me to attach them to mdx profiles, did you not do that?

This is my question also. I have a gold AP we purchased end of May and plan to return Easter weekend. I was just planning to pay the difference in upgrading but seeing this, I could possibly upgrade over the phone and keep it at the same price. Did you find out through ticketing any information?

So can a DVC member, who is eligible for the $559 platinum plus offer and also in their renewal window get the platinum plus pass for the 15 percent renewal discount off the $559 ( 559x.85= about $475), AND get the extra month for renewing if done within before Oct 1?

This is what I am trying to figure out. Need to call member services (but they are closed right now). If I get an answer tomorrow, I'll post it here.

This is what I am trying to figure out. Need to call member services (but they are closed right now). If I get an answer tomorrow, I'll post it here.

It was a couple pages back that I posted what I was told for the renewal rate - $505.81. And yes, if done by Oct 1st you get the 13 months.

I had been thinking I could do that but then realized I had gotten 13 months with my last activation which now means I can't renew until Oct 12th! Ah well.

It was a couple pages back that I posted what I was told for the renewal rate - $505.81. And yes, if done by Oct 1st you get the 13 months.

I had been thinking I could do that but then realized I had gotten 13 months with my last activation which now means I can't renew until Oct 12th! Ah well.

Thank you! I must have missed that post - tried to read the whole thread but I must have skipped it. Many thanks for reposting the info!

I'm only part way through the thread. We have 13-month Platinum APs, the start date in mid-December and the expiration date is mid-January. If I renew the pass. it'll have the same December start date and not the January start date, right?

I'm only part way through the thread. We have 13-month Platinum APs, the start date in mid-December and the expiration date is mid-January. If I renew the pass. it'll have the same December start date and not the January start date, right?

The January date is the new expiration date, so if you renew, your new AP should expire on the mid-January date (12 months).

ETA otherwise they'd be "taking back" the 13th month!

I am considering upgrading the DVC25 ticket I purchased last year for the AP. Is this possible?

On the 7 for 5 ticket, can you add the hopper option later like a normal ticket? We are debating back and forth about whether to get the hopper but if I can add it when we get there that would be better.

On the 7 for 5 ticket, can you add the hopper option later like a normal ticket? We are debating back and forth about whether to get the hopper but if I can add it when we get there that would be better.
The promotional period is only for a limited time. If you look to upgrade to the PH after the purchase window is over I'd expect the system to ask for the full price difference from what you'll pay for the dvc 7 day non-ph pass and whatever the current going price of a PH will be (hence, no savings.)

Now, does this mean that if you use it once to enter a park and then upgrade to the PH that it will still ask for the full difference? I can't answer for sure, but indicators about anything being bought before February 12, 2017 being price locked to that price/time tells me Disney closed that loophole in the system.

The promotional period is only for a limited time. If you look to upgrade to the PH after the purchase window is over I'd expect the system to ask for the full price difference from what you'll pay for the dvc 7 day non-ph pass and whatever the current going price of a PH will be (hence, no savings.)

Now, does this mean that if you use it once to enter a park and then upgrade to the PH that it will still ask for the full difference? I can't answer for sure, but indicators about anything being bought before February 12, 2017 being price locked to that price/time tells me Disney closed that loophole in the system.

I hadn't thought about that. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!