Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

I just bought the AP through the DVC deal and wanted to make sure that it is normal for it to show the expiration date as year 2030? Does the actual expiration date change when you activate it on the first day of use? I am planning on activating it in June of next year.

I just bought the AP through the DVC deal and wanted to make sure that it is normal for it to show the expiration date as year 2030? Does the actual expiration date change when you activate it on the first day of use? I am planning on activating it in June of next year.

Yes, that's the date they show for unactivated AP's.

I am currently having the same issue where my trip won't happen until after the promo has ended but would love to bridge my Tickets At Work tickets to an AP. Did you ever have any success in getting them bridged? Thanks!
I have bridged tickets from UTC to DVC AP's 3 times. The most recent was in May 2017. They've done it automatically and I've had to ask them to. Just pay attention. He quoted me a price about $400 more than I expected because he had the cost that I paid UCT. I politely asked him to bridge it. He needed help from a supervisor, but it turned out well. My final cost for Gold AP's was less than Disney's price for a 7 day Hopper.

I have bridged tickets from UTC to DVC AP's 3 times. The most recent was in May 2017. They've done it automatically and I've had to ask them to. Just pay attention. He quoted me a price about $400 more than I expected because he had the cost that I paid UCT. I politely asked him to bridge it. He needed help from a supervisor, but it turned out well. My final cost for Gold AP's was less than Disney's price for a 7 day Hopper.
I'm not sure bridging would work in this case because the DVC special has to be purchased before Jan 3rd. So if you try to bridge it after that, they wont be able to bridge it to a ticket that is no longer for sale.

I have a platinum AP, I plan to renew before Jan. 3 for the promo. I should be able to renew my platinum DVC AP for the price of a gold renewal right?

I have a platinum AP, I plan to renew before Jan. 3 for the promo. I should be able to renew my platinum DVC AP for the price of a gold renewal right?

Yes, it doesn't matter what pass you start with, as long as you renew before the promotion ends you will get the promotion price!

I have not read the 22 pages of this thread, so if the answer is here, I apologize. I have been buying APs since 1995, and they send the plastic voucher to me. But there never was a use by date before. Do they still send out the plastic voucher card if you want, or since it has to be activated in the next year, do they just link it to your MDE account? The old APs, (pre-2012?) were not assigned to a person until activated, so I could buy 2 or more at a time, and they were not assigned to my daughter, for instance, but just open. Or am I wrong about that? With all the tracking and now use by dates, are they also specific to a person?

I’ve been searching this thread for an answer and didn’t see a good response. I have a DVC gold AP and want to upgrade it. It’s already active.
Member services could NOT help me. I had to call ticketing. They said I could upgrade it but I had to do it at the parks, since it is already active.
I saw a couple of people asking the same thing. I hope this helps.

I’ve been searching this thread for an answer and didn’t see a good response. I have a DVC gold AP and want to upgrade it. It’s already active.
Member services could NOT help me. I had to call ticketing. They said I could upgrade it but I had to do it at the parks, since it is already active.
I saw a couple of people asking the same thing. I hope this helps.

You mean upgrade the Gold AP to the Platinum Plus special? That is correct - if an AP is active it needs to upgraded onsite.

I have not read the 22 pages of this thread, so if the answer is here, I apologize. I have been buying APs since 1995, and they send the plastic voucher to me. But there never was a use by date before. Do they still send out the plastic voucher card if you want, or since it has to be activated in the next year, do they just link it to your MDE account? The old APs, (pre-2012?) were not assigned to a person until activated, so I could buy 2 or more at a time, and they were not assigned to my daughter, for instance, but just open. Or am I wrong about that? With all the tracking and now use by dates, are they also specific to a person?
Does anyone know the answers to these questions? Do they still send out plastic voucher card, or just link to MDE? Are they person specific? Or not until activated? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know the answers to these questions? Do they still send out plastic voucher card, or just link to MDE? Are they person specific? Or not until activated? Thanks in advance.
If you select one of the standard shipping options, you should receive exchange certificates (aka vouchers) in the mail. If you select will call, nothing will be mailed.

If you order by phone, it will probably be setup as will call unless you request that exchange certificates be mailed to you.

Either way, the pre-purchase can be linked to MDE.

Exchange certificates are technically not person specific, but if you purchase online it will have you assign them to individuals in your Family & Friends list.

I am a current Platinum AP holder. I wasn't a DVC member when I purchased the AP last February. It expires in March at which I was going to renew for a Gold since I'm now a DVC member.

In the past we have gotten a discount as a renewal. Will I still get a renewal discount? Will that apply to the DVC rate (or I get one or the other??).

Is it better to go ahead and buy the Platinum Plus at the gold rate now and wait to activate? I believe the DVC promo (Plat plus for gold price) ends at the end of the year, correct?

I am a current Platinum AP holder. I wasn't a DVC member when I purchased the AP last February. It expires in March at which I was going to renew for a Gold since I'm now a DVC member.

In the past we have gotten a discount as a renewal. Will I still get a renewal discount? Will that apply to the DVC rate (or I get one or the other??).

Is it better to go ahead and buy the Platinum Plus at the gold rate now and wait to activate? I believe the DVC promo (Plat plus for gold price) ends at the end of the year, correct?

You can change your pass at renewal time and you do get the renewal rate. Which is better to do just depends on planned trips.

If you select one of the standard shipping options, you should receive exchange certificates (aka vouchers) in the mail. If you select will call, nothing will be mailed.

If you order by phone, it will probably be setup as will call unless you request that exchange certificates be mailed to you.

Either way, the pre-purchase can be linked to MDE.

Exchange certificates are technically not person specific, but if you purchase online it will have you assign them to individuals in your Family & Friends list.
Thanks erionm. I tried today to do it online, and could not get it in my cart. Called the number listed on the DVC special price offer, 407-566-3800, which turned out to be member services. The girl I talked to said they could not do vouchers. I want the physical voucher, even though I have to activate it by Dec 31, 2018. Fine, then let me talk to ticket store, because THEY can do vouchers. She insisted there are no physical tickets at all anymore, everything is in your MDE account and on your magic band "for your convenience". I will call again when not under a time constraint. I wonder if, like so many things with WDW, it will differ depending on who you talk to.

Thanks erionm. I tried today to do it online, and could not get it in my cart. Called the number listed on the DVC special price offer, 407-566-3800, which turned out to be member services. The girl I talked to said they could not do vouchers. I want the physical voucher, even though I have to activate it by Dec 31, 2018. Fine, then let me talk to ticket store, because THEY can do vouchers. She insisted there are no physical tickets at all anymore, everything is in your MDE account and on your magic band "for your convenience". I will call again when not under a time constraint. I wonder if, like so many things with WDW, it will differ depending on who you talk to.
You really don’t need a voucher. All you need is the Confirmation #. Mine usually begin with HARN. You link these tickets to your My Disney Experience Account. THen you can assign them to members of your party. You can change who they are assigned to up until the point when they are used the first time.

Just bought Platinum+ passes successfully online. They show an expiration date of 12/31/2030, though - I thought they had to be activated by 12/31/2018?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! The renewal cost of my AP looks like it would be over $700, and it's not giving me the gold pass option/prices online. However, a new purchase of a Platinum Plus pass is showing as $595, so obviously the better deal would be to buy the Platinum and wait to activate it on my next trip. Am I missing something? It's not making sense to me.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! The renewal cost of my AP looks like it would be over $700, and it's not giving me the gold pass option/prices online. However, a new purchase of a Platinum Plus pass is showing as $595, so obviously the better deal would be to buy the Platinum and wait to activate it on my next trip. Am I missing something? It's not making sense to me.
You have to call MS to renew a DVC priced AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!