Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

Required to be in your household for AP. Not for the 7 for 5. My adult daughter is here this week on a 7 for 5. Call member services if you want to verify. If you read the entire thread you will find this information several times.

It is not what is written however. Correct must be open to interpretation. But getting around it because of the ticketing system is likely. Other offers have specifically stated it was allowed to be shared.

to be clearer - when this deal first came out, I thought I read that the DVC PP+ passes had to be activated no later than 12/31/2018. I bought the tickets online and linked them to the relevant people (in my family) in MDE. They don't say anything about activating before 12/31/18 but do say "expiration date 12/31/2030." Does that actually mean I have until 2030 to use them, or that if I don't activate them by 12/31/18, then from 2019 - 2030 they are only a credit of $ actually paid toward another ticket?
I am wondering the exact same thing. I thought they would have an expiration date of 12/31/18 in MDE.
If this is indeed the case, I would love to buy as many as I can before 1/3/18.!

It is not what is written however. Correct must be open to interpretation. But getting around it because of the ticketing system is likely. Other offers have specifically stated it was allowed to be shared.
I was told at MS on two separate tries that it was strictly household only and that it would not be possible to assign them to friends and family. I went ahead and bought from UT for upcoming group trip. Wish we could get correct info.

I was told at MS on two separate tries that it was strictly household only and that it would not be possible to assign them to friends and family. I went ahead and bought from UT for upcoming group trip. Wish we could get correct info.
There’s a difference between policy and implementation. They quote policy. Reality is that they don’t confirm your membership or address for daily tickets. You shouldn’t expect the folks at MS to tell you how to exploit a loophole.

Another DVC website gave the "minutes" of the recent 2017 Annual DVC Members Meeting held yesterday.

Part of their report states:

"3:10 PM Extending 25% off discount on Platinum Plus APs and 7-day tickets for the price of 5 through December 3, 2018"

I saw this as well and have been trying to verify via an official source (not that I don't trust the live blog) but so far nothing. Maybe DVC is going to make a big announcement about extending the offer.

Another DVC website gave the "minutes" of the recent 2017 Annual DVC Members Meeting held yesterday.

Part of their report states:

"3:10 PM Extending 25% off discount on Platinum Plus APs and 7-day tickets for the price of 5 through December 3, 2018"

I saw this as well and have been trying to verify via an official source (not that I don't trust the live blog) but so far nothing. Maybe DVC is going to make a big announcement about extending the offer.

That would be great if in fact it happens - when we go in Novenber 2018, YDD will be just under 3 (aka free) and the rest of us will start our next PP+ AP on that trip, and use it again on another trip in spring/summer 2019. We could use the 7 for 5 deal for the "baby" for 2019 and then get APs starting the same time on the next trip.

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned, a renewal DVC pass was $505.88 (Platinum Plus). A total bargain when you take into account the discount and photopass.
Fantastic deal when you go more than once per year

I am wondering the exact same thing. I thought they would have an expiration date of 12/31/18 in MDE.
If this is indeed the case, I would love to buy as many as I can before 1/3/18.!
We bought ours online and got them activated last month. Even though it says 2030 in MDE, as soon as you activate them it will change to that date in 2018 as expiration. Ours is 11/12/18

I watched the member's meeting and to me it wasn't clear if you could now buy the AP until the end of next year, or you had to just use it by then. Some clarification would be good.

Today’s DVC meeting aboard the Dream only gave the initial dates for purchase of the tickets. They specifically said there was only a limited time left to enjoy the benefit.

Today’s DVC meeting aboard the Dream only gave the initial dates for purchase of the tickets. They specifically said there was only a limited time left to enjoy the benefit.

Bummer - it sounds more like it was just a misspoken date at the Member meeting vs any extension of the offer.

I am sorry if I duplicate, but I have read through pages and cannot find a clear answer. If I am purchasing the 7 for 5 thru my account linked to my magic band, will I have to get all the bands activated when I arrive? The disclaimer says I must use my ID to pick up at the park, but the tickets are linked to my bands, right? I am just trying to see if I have to go to guest services before entering MK.

I am sorry if I duplicate, but I have read through pages and cannot find a clear answer. If I am purchasing the 7 for 5 thru my account linked to my magic band, will I have to get all the bands activated when I arrive? The disclaimer says I must use my ID to pick up at the park, but the tickets are linked to my bands, right? I am just trying to see if I have to go to guest services before entering MK.
The 7 days for the price of 5 tickets DON'T need to be activated prior to using. As long as the ticket is linked to your MDE profile and you have a MagicBand, you can go directly to the park entrance.

Thank you for the info, Michael. When I just processed the order, it says I need to present the barcode ticket at the pick up window. Is this not correct for the 7 for 5? This is so confusing. It is such a pain when staying at BLT to go to will call for MK. Have people who used offer recently just been able to go directly into the park?

Thank you for the info, Michael. When I just processed the order, it says I need to present the barcode ticket at the pick up window. Is this not correct for the 7 for 5? This is so confusing. It is such a pain when staying at BLT to go to will call for MK. Have people who used offer recently just been able to go directly into the park?
That's typical Disney language for will call tickets. As long as you will have a MagicBand at the time of park entry, you don't need to stop anywhere to pick up the 7 for 5 special tickets. Yes, there has been a few posts from those that have purchased this ticket that they went directly to the park entrance and had no issue using the tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter