Two outta 3 ain't bad.... help me eliminate 1!

CK1

DIS VET / DVC member
For our next trip, I've pretty much narrowed the field of Epcot Restaurant contenders to 3: Le Cellier, Teppanyaki, and San Angel. Here's the rub -- can really only do 2! (And we're talkin dinner here...)

FOr one dinner, there will be only 5 of us (dh, me, and 3 kids aged 4 to 9). We've done Teppanyaki before (loved it). Never done Canada or Mexico.

For another dinner, it will be us again, but add in my sil, bil, their 5 yr old and a 9 mos old. (8 folks plus baby). They haven't eaten at any of the above. They love mexican food, and they would also love steak and chicken type fare of the other 2 restaurants.

So... which 2 outta 3 do we do, and which for each night (5 people, and then 8+ baby?)

THANKS!

But personally, other than the atmosphere, I was very disappointed with the San Angel. I felt the food was mediocre at best. So if it was me, I would go to the two I hadn't tried. :)

I would do Japan with the entire extended family! You will all get seated at one table and the kids will be entertained and the baby will like the chef and the food choices..... We have had as many as 5 kids under age 6 behave in this one! Mexico is good for atmosphere but if the baby gets upset the tables are to close together.....:D Our kids did not enjoy Canada (said it was good food but too stuffy with all the adults..):D

Well, I would poll everyone in your party and ask whether they want atmosphere or food. I think Mexico has a great atmosphere but mediocre food, and Canada has great food (with good kid choices) but a mediocre atmosphere.

LeCellier and Japan we did not enjoy San Angel.:earsboy: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl:

The only one that I've tried and liked repeatedly out of the 3 is Le Cellier. Food has been delicous, service great, etc. This rest. is what I would call the lowside of the high end. It certainly is not as expensive as Calif. Grill but is costly. I think everyone in you party would love to eat here but make sure that it is not going to hit everyone in the wallet two much. For two adults for dinner (no alcoholic drinks), with appetizers and a dessert, we average about $85 with tip.

We've eaten at all 3, and LeCellier is by far the best! We return whenever we are at WDW. Although San Angel has mediocre food, it more than makes up for it with its atmosphere. DH, DDs and I all love Japanese food(including sushi), but it is nothing different that you could find back at home(atleast for us). So, my vote is for LeCellier and San Angel!

San Angel is wonderful for drinks and appetizers, but I am not sure If I would do an entire dinner there. The atmosphere is great at San Angel, but the menu at the other two places I believe would be better.

Debbie

We skipped San Angel for many years. I had heard it was basically the same as the cantina, just bigger, more expensive portions. How wrong that was!!!! We went there for the first time about three years ago, it is now a "Must Do" on each trip at least once.

I would skip Teppanyaki, its too banal. There is a Benihana in every town, or at least something similar.

Le Cellar is fantastic, but the atmosphere is nothing special or wild.

I vote for Teppanyaki and Le Cellier. My family, especially the kids, really like these 2 restaurants. We were not overly thrilled with San Angel. My sons didn't really like San Angel but loved Teppanyaki and Le Cellier.

teppynaki is the same as any japanese steakhouse, If you have one of those in your town, I would eliminate this choice.

While it is good food, nothing really makes it stand out as disney!

Another vote for Le Cellier. Very good food...I've been dreaming about it ever since we were there in February.

Not impressed at all with San Angel except the atmosphere is awesome. Of course you can see that just by walking in the Mexico pavilion. I also don't think San Angel would be very kid friendly although I haven't tried it with kids. It's fairly dark and the tables are very close together. I thought the food was was very forgettable... but being from Oklahoma we have "tex-mex" mexican food and I prefer that to "authentic" or "southwest" style mexican.

With the kids, if they like Mexican, then eliminate Tempanyaki. I think they will enjoy the food at both San Angel Inn and Le Cellier better, although it is fun to watch the chefs prepare the meal at Tempanyaki, I have heard the menu doesn't cater as much to the kids.

I really enjoyed the food at Le Cellier. You already know you like the food at Teppanyaki. I haven't eaten at San Angel Inn, primarily because we eat at Mexican restaurants a lot at home. The atmosphere is unlike the other restaurants, so I'd try it once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter