Two-say radio etiquette?

we found it to be well worth the expense to buy rechargeable batteries for all of our "gadgets". we have them for our radios, digital camera, gameboys, etc. We also have the quick charger that only takes an hour or two to charge, so we could charge them overnight. My DS's have had the same batteries in their gameboys for 2 1/2 years!

I get my rechargables online at Thomas Distributing and have been very please with them. http://www.nimhbattery.com/

One thong there aren't a lot of extra plugs in a Disney Hotel and they aren't where you may want them - take extension cords with multi plug ends.

Basic radio manners are to state who you are calling and your name.

Zurgwife, Zurg the boys and I are out of the restroom where are you?

2minnies ahh? How did you know the ages of the kids? And how do you know if they are responsible enough to be on their own? Is the older sibling up there too just not playing with the radio?

Seems to me that these are the job of parents to figure out not hotel clerks or other folks at the pool.

I totally agree. Can't believe people can be so nosy. It would be one thing if they KNEW it was a baby and a toddler left alone. The thing is those nosy vacationers didn't know. They took it upon themselves to be the parenting police.

Geez! Where is common sense when you need it?!

DH and I only attemted to use them once as there was MASSIVE interference and we couldn't get each other....but we DID decide that we would use our DIS names as call signs prior to attempting to use them! :) Even though it didn't work out for use (we may just not be buying the right brand LOL) I'm still a firm believer in using our DIS names when talking to each other w them....we use them in the mall....and all over the place here at home :)

Hi everybody! Just a reminder about what this topic is about: the effectiveness of two-way radios. Please stick to this topic. As we've seen, the moral issues two-way radios raise is a completely seperate topic of discussion, one that only will be allowed if personal attacks are left out of the discussion. Please refrain from personal attacks within this post.

Thank you! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter