type faster Bonzo......

dalt01

DIS Veteran
NBA experience? really? who comes up with this stuff. sometimes i think disney has a monkey at a typewriter.

It's one of many restaurants that guests can choose to go to or not. Not that big of deal

It's one of many restaurants that guests can choose to go to or not. Not that big of deal
its not a restaurant, there will be a restaurant in the footprint but the main building will be interactive games and video and i would imagine VR. also the obligatory gift shop with authentic merch.

I'm not a basketball fan and have no interest in the NBA experience but I imagine this will be very popular among fans of the game.

I agree... I will probably never try it. And could definitely be something that maybe isn't a huge draw for people on vacation but locals might like. People keep forgetting that one of the big reasons Disney Springs was updated was to draw in more locals.

21,997,412 fans attended NBA games last season.
thats a great number but it is deceiving. it takes the NBA 1230 games to achieve that. the NFL is at about 18 million however that is in 256 games. at 1230 they would be at 85 million give or take. i don't have the slightest idea what point i am trying to make except that maybe "The NFL experience" would most likely be more successful. then again i would not go to a BB game if i had free tickets so my opinion is way bias. Go Steelers. also they had an NBA themed restaurant and i believe gift shop at CityWalk and if i am not mistaken it went out.

21,997,412 fans attended NBA games last season.
That's not exactly right. That's the number of tickets sold, not the number of individual fans. If I have season tickets and there were 40 home games, I represent 40 of those tickets.

The comparison with the NFL is somewhat flawed because football stadiums are typically about 3 times the size of basketball arenas.

This is all irrelevant to the issue, though. Lots of people like basketball. Lots of people will be drawn to an NBA attraction. Probably not as many as to an NFL attraction but that's also irrelevant.

I actually think putting in something to appeal to sports fans is a good idea. It might be one way to get a non-Disney fan (like a spouse, perhaps) to come to Disney.

thats a great number but it is deceiving. it takes the NBA 1230 games to achieve that. the NFL is at about 18 million however that is in 256 games. at 1230 they would be at 85 million give or take. i don't have the slightest idea what point i am trying to make except that maybe "The NFL experience" would most likely be more successful. then again i would not go to a BB game if i had free tickets so my opinion is way bias. Go Steelers. also they had an NBA themed restaurant and i believe gift shop at CityWalk and if i am not mistaken it went out.
NFL stadiums seat 60,000+ NBA stadiums seat 15,000+.

ESPN/Disney and the NBA have a huge TV deal. The NFL TV is not nearly as large.

This is dining, shopping, and interactive experiences. Universal kicked the NBACity restaurant out they didn't leave due to poor sales.

I guess I just don't understand you being upset about this? There are plenty of NBA fans who will be the demographic for this kind of thing. Not everything is going to appeal to everyone...
who is upset?

its not a restaurant, there will be a restaurant in the footprint but the main building will be interactive games and video and i would imagine VR. also the obligatory gift shop with authentic merch.

So it's all encompassing. Still trying to see what the issue is?

NFL stadiums seat 60,000+ NBA stadiums seat 15,000+.

ESPN/Disney and the NBA have a huge TV deal. The NFL TV is not nearly as large.

This is dining, shopping, and interactive experiences. Universal kicked the NBACity restaurant out they didn't leave due to poor sales.
in order for the first line of your reply to hold water you would have to be able to say that if NBA stadiums held 60,000 they could fill them. as for the tv deal, good for them, but i can pull out stats that show 35% of fans say NFL is the fav sport 14% say baseball and 6% say NBA. the revenue stays propped up by the fact that there is a game about every 15 minutes. both are sucessful business models. as for universal not renewing the lease, when is the last time you heard of anybody or anything that was performing to expectations getting the boot.

So it's all encompassing. Still trying to see what the issue is?
wow..........there is no issue. its a discussion, there are different sides to it...........everything is not solved with, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DONT GO THERE!

in order for the first line of your reply to hold water you would have to be able to say that if NBA stadiums held 60,000 they could fill them. as for the tv deal, good for them, but i can pull out stats that show 35% of fans say NFL is the fav sport 14% say baseball and 6% say NBA. the revenue stays propped up by the fact that there is a game about every 15 minutes. both are sucessful business models. as for universal not renewing the lease, when is the last time you heard of anybody or anything that was performing to expectations getting the boot.
You brought up that the NBA needs more games to achieve that number and the NFL can do better with less games. I was proving that point invalid.

It doesn't matter who likes what sport. ESPN, Disney and the NBA have a big relationship which is why they are doing this.

Universal wanted to revitalize City Walk and the NBA was part of that plan.

Look, you and I might not like the NBA or this venue coming in but its happening. I will check it out at least once because who knows it could have good food and could be fun. Disney Springs has so much for all types of people.

You brought up that the NBA needs more games to achieve that number and the NFL can do better with less games. I was proving that point invalid.

It doesn't matter who likes what sport. ESPN, Disney and the NBA have a big relationship which is why they are doing this.

Universal wanted to revitalize City Walk and the NBA was part of that plan.

Look, you and I might not like the NBA or this venue coming in but its happening. I will check it out at least once because who knows it could have good food and could be fun. Disney Springs has so much for all types of people.[/
i think the facade will be magnificent and that alone will improve that area. i will go in but i doubt i will be inclined to spend any money

there does not have to be an issue to have a discussion about something. i dont think its a good move and i wanted someone to convince me i am wrong.............but the boards seem to be full of linear thinkers anymore. which is not an insult so dont anybody jump on THAT bandwagon.

Last edited:
wow..........there is no issue. its a discussion, there are different sides to it...........everything is not solved with, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DONT GO THERE!

So if there is no issue then what is the discussion? You don't like this being put in? Fair enough. There's no requirement saying you have to go there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!