Types of Discounts

VeronicaZS

DIS Veteran
Is there a place where I can see the types of discounts offered for RCCL? For example, BOGO, 30% off 2nd passenger, kids free, etc.
I am doing some long term planning and want to book when the most advantageous offer for my situation is available. A quick google search came up empty.

Thanks!

Generally speaking, all the "sales" work out to about the same discount except the kids sail free. Book early for the best price. Royal has been telling travel agents they aren't interested in playing the last-minute discount game anymore. And they've been doing really really well filling ships.
Also, watch out for the new non-refundable deposits. They will be the best deal, but again, non-refundable.

I have found the way to get the best price is to keep doing your research and book early. We also use a TA that will match any price we find online or otherwise. For our June 3rd cruise on Allure, We found a great price online that our TA could not believe was offered, but she matched it.

I booked very early + 30% off second guest promo. I was very satisfied with the price I got (which was about 550$ US +tx for each adult for a 5 nights Bermuda cruise on the Anthem).

I have found the way to get the best price is to keep doing your research and book early. We also use a TA that will match any price we find online or otherwise. For our June 3rd cruise on Allure, We found a great price online that our TA could not believe was offered, but she matched it.
Royal doesn't allow discounting (none of the lines do), which means every TA offers the same prices unless they are holding group space. But if what you mean is they matched an OBC, that's different. Some TAs can afford to give away most of their commission, but most can't.

Royal doesn't allow discounting (none of the lines do), which means every TA offers the same prices unless they are holding group space. But if what you mean is they matched an OBC, that's different. Some TAs can afford to give away most of their commission, but most can't.

It was a great price on a website that my TA matched. I don't know what you call it. No other website had that low a price at the time we booked it. Itemized bill included a promotion reduction and something called a special discount. It also had OBC.

It is true that RCCL fares are line priced. The only true discount would be if you were offered a room at a group booking price from a TA. Travel agents can return to you their commissions in the form of OBC or pre paid gratuities or other ammenites, but some don't.

DH and I would like to go on vacation in April and I've been checking the prices... RCCL has different promotions but I find that the rates are are very similar from a promotion to another. Seems like there is nothing like booking a very long time in advance.

DH and I would like to go on vacation in April and I've been checking the prices... RCCL has different promotions but I find that the rates are are very similar from a promotion to another. Seems like there is nothing like booking a very long time in advance.

We are going on the Allure in June of 2018. We booked it this past June. We are always looking to see of the price drops below what we paid, but have not seen it yet.

As others have said, book as early as possible. That is the real savings. The deals change in name only. The rack rates are adjusted so that the final price for 2 or 4 passengers is going to be roughly the same.

Book directly through RCCL and they are forced to honor whatever the current deal is (but you may lose certain reservations, etc...). If you book through an agent then RCCL will usually respect the current deal. I recently called RCCL because a deal offered $200 more for onboard credit. My price stayed the same but the credit was worth it to me.

IMHO, the best deals are "kids sail free", "$300 on board credit", "Drink Package 30% off". Even if you're not a big drinker the best drink package has a lot of perks like water bottles when leaving the ship, and who doesn't like free daiquiris?

I agree that in general, earlier is better, but I just checked my Sept. 24 oasis sailing and the price for our inside room category (but GTY instead of picking our rooms) went down $600 per room. We already had a great deal for 7 people in two rooms, so this was just a fantastic deal at $2490 for all 7 of us. But we need connecting rooms with our little ones, so it wouldn't have worked for us even if we weren't already booked. Oh well. Royal makes a point of saying they don't last-minute discount, but they are dodgy about what "last minute" means. But we are also flexible, so we can play chicken with the cruise lines. If we had to fly, there is no way it would be worth it. Booking early is what makes the best sense.

We got an incredible deal booking directly online last month for Cuba next year -- 50% off second passenger and another $50 off the third. We moved our reservation from NCL to RCCL because NCL decided to shorten their stay in Cuba next year to one day and RCCL was staying two full days. Granted, we had a verandah on NCL, but changing to an oceanview on RCCL for 3 adults saved us $1,800 with that BOGO offer.

There is a BOGO offer and kids sail free right now. I get notifications via email. I am going to cancel my May 2018 Disney Fantasy for RCCL- same dates, same category, almost same ports and $3100 less.

There is a BOGO offer and kids sail free right now. I get notifications via email. I am going to cancel my May 2018 Disney Fantasy for RCCL- same dates, same category, almost same ports and $3100 less.

I wish Disney would do what all the other cruise lines are doing right now -- offer 50% off on second guests since many of us no longer have kids within the age group to sail free.

I wish Disney would offer any kind of discounts other than last minute. Im really sad that Im even having to look at other cruise lines. I just cant afford Disney anymore.

I wish Disney would offer any kind of discounts other than last minute. Im really sad that Im even having to look at other cruise lines. I just cant afford Disney anymore.

Don't be sad -- when we finally got away from Disney and found pricing on other cruise lines to be so much less, it was an easy decision. We have had some amazing experiences on all the other cruise lines we have tried with same or better itineraries and savings in the thousands for the same stateroom, etc. Example, the Princess British Isles cruise for the same itinerary for 3 adults, in a verandah room, was more than $5,000 less than what Disney wanted (I kid you not).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!