Typhoon Lagoon + DHS in a day OR Discovery Cove and SeaWorld in a Day

half of my party (me included) has visited Seaworld Orlando and Disney's Hollywood Studios (Only redeeming quality for me is Fantasmic) once and concluded we liked the other parks in Orlando better, however if we did do The All Inclusive ticket at Discovery Cove we can also hop over to Sea World when we're done with Discovery Cove for free like @luvallprincesses stated.

It would be great if somebody could give me some tips / pros and cons for both options. We are also staying at The Beach Club Villa's so transportation to Hollywood studios would be easy, we also have one park hopper we plan to use during our Epcot day, so if we feel the need to ride anything in Disney's Hollywood studio's we have that option as well.

Realistically speaking for Seaworld, We would not do it again unless we did Discovery Cove. We would also wanna watch the One Ocean show and dolphin day show . Is it possible to see those shows the same day as Discovery Cove, what's the usual hours for these shows? Our Coaster lover in our party will be fine at either option.

You reference "party". How many in the group? Asking as it may be worth it for one of you to purchase an SW AP for the $$$ discount off admission tix. The other would not get entrance to SW in that instance though.

AP dates not out yet for 2018, told it should soon. Black Friday deals have already been announced by SW

SW park hours listed on the website, they vary. IMO you'd be rushed to see the 2 shows mention.

DC will easily occupy you until it's time to leave. You can always enjoy the boardwalk area or head to disney springs that evening.

I'd use the PH @ MGM for rope drop, even better if an AM EMH day, then head over to Epcot. (In reverse if a PM EM hours, another plus)

I completely agree! It was so awesome because we could switch to any seat we wanted each time the ride stopped so we tried the front, back, some places in the middle, and just kept riding over and over until we finally couldn't ride any longer. We didn't get sick, but 10 times is a lot to ride without getting off. Personally, I can't stand to look at the animals at Sea World because their living conditions are pretty bad, but I would go there just for the rides.

Nice to be able to experience from different perspectives same visit

I completely agree! It was so awesome because we could switch to any seat we wanted each time the ride stopped so we tried the front, back, some places in the middle, and just kept riding over and over until we finally couldn't ride any longer. We didn't get sick, but 10 times is a lot to ride without getting off. Personally, I can't stand to look at the animals at Sea World because their living conditions are pretty bad, but I would go there just for the rides.

Not the thread to to get political

Discussion has been fine until you brought up "bad sea world living conditions "

Let's move away from any type of talk about that

Read the sticky of what us not allowed in the Disboards rules
It is listed on page 1

Have you ever visited Sea World? If not I would give it a try. Discovery Cove and Typhoon Lagoon are completely different so it depends on what you're looking for. If money isn't an option then I would take Discovery Cove over Typhoon Lagoon any day.

I wouldn't give up any time at Discovery Cove for Sea World. It's definitely worth the full day there. You are talking Discovery Cove and the dolphins and all (very expensive day), not Aquatica (their water park)? Just making sure because they're two completely different things. You can do TL & DHS in a day fairly easily unless you really want to see all the DHS shows.

In my experience, there is no way you could fit Discovery Cove and SeaWorld in one day. We've done a day at SeaWorld back in 2012 at the beginning of our Disney Vacation. Was fantastic, and a fun way to make that trip stand apart from the others. SeaWorld is definitely not about coasters. Sure they have a few good ones, but the shows and other attractions are excellent.

Dan

You reference "party". How many in the group? Asking as it may be worth it for one of you to purchase an SW AP for the $$$ discount off admission tix. The other would not get entrance to SW in that instance though.

AP dates not out yet for 2018, told it should soon. Black Friday deals have already been announced by SW

SW park hours listed on the website, they vary. IMO you'd be rushed to see the 2 shows mention.

DC will easily occupy you until it's time to leave. You can always enjoy the boardwalk area or head to disney springs that evening.

I'd use the PH @ MGM for rope drop, even better if an AM EMH day, then head over to Epcot. (In reverse if a PM EM hours, another plus)

Nice to be able to experience from different perspectives same visit
Just booked Discovery Cove with Dolphin Swim package for our party, Somewhat nervous because this will be our first time snorkeling with fish or in water with dolphins. Discovery cove will be closing 5 pm for our date and Seaworld will be open till 10 pm, so will try to fit Seaworld in at the end of the day.

Any tips to optimize our trip to Discovery Cove and Seaworld? traveling with 2 adults (me included) and 2 teenagers.

"Swim with dolphins" is somewhat more of a "be photographed with dolphins" experience. While the interaction is fun, the actual swim lasts seconds. Snorkeling is the highlight for me. It's pretty intimidating at first but a complete rush. You WILL encounter very large stingrays. They will swim right at you then gently swim away at the last second. It's exhilarating. The tropical fish are beautiful too. The water gets very deep but remember that shallow water is always nearby. My 6 y/o daughter was unstoppable and fearless, my wife? - not so much. The key to snorkeling is staying calm and leaning to breath. Get a cheap GoPro knock-off from eBay to take underwater movies. They are ~$35 and worth it. I turned on my camera and was 10 seconds into my 1st snorkeling of the day when 3 huge stingrays swam right towards me and then right under me. A GREAT video to show friends/family. Get to the park as early as possible. They actually open earlier than the posted time. Call the night before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts