• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uber/lyft from offsite hotel to Disney- experiences?

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
Hi dis-friends. We are going for 2 weeks this November, staying off site, about 6-7 miles from the front gates of the theme parks. Coming home Nov 24 so not over thanksgiving.

We have always rented a car in the past- we have generally loved the freedom of coming and going as we please. BUT- costs are crazy high this year. I hope they come down further, but we are discussing using ride share instead. We have used Lyft a couple of times at home for rides to the airport but other than that we are newbies to this.

It will be my husband, 13 yo daughter and myself. We tend to go to the parks late morning and stay until closing. We hop and use Disney transportation once on property.

I think that Uber/lyft will be cheaper- but that’s not the only factor. Please tell me about all of your experiences with it!

How far from the entrance do they drop off/pick up? Is it near the busses? What about for MK? Is it at MK or the TTC?

Do you need to wait a long time at the end of the night? Like how long?

Have you had generally good experiences?

Any other advice or tips and tricks?

Along with cost, I’m wondering if it would also be more convenient considering we are typically park hoppers…. But its hard to teach an old dog new tricks so I’d love to know what you think!!

Thanks!!! 😊

The drop off and pick up areas for all taxi services are the same locale. I only recall the DS pickup as we used it one New Year’s Eve. It’s the parking lot to the right of Jaleo.
If you are interested in costs of taxis plug in an approximate pick up time for Uber and Lyft as I’m pretty sure both are doing surge pricing now.

You might want to see how close the Lynx public bus stops is to your hotel. It’s frequently used by WDW employees and seems to follow the time schedule well.

How far from the entrance do they drop off/pick up? Is it near the busses? What about for MK? Is it at MK or the TTC?
Dropoff for MK is at TTC, right next to the monorail and ferry, so more convenient than driving yourself because you don’t have to ride the tram or walk through the parking lot to the TTC. At the other parks, rideshare dropoff is relatively close to the entrance, and always a shorter walk than to where we ever get to park when we drive!

At Magic Kingdom, you get dropped off at the TTC. At the other parks, there is a specific pick up and drop off area that's a similar walk to the main entrance as the busses. I've never had issues getting around property with short waits and a reasonable price. Drivers will wait around Disney World for fares and usually pull up right at the quoted time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter