Uber or Minnie Van timing for ADR

hllb

DIS Veteran
If we wanted to watch Rivers of Light at 7:30 (I think it would end around 7:45?) and then take an uber or minnie van to the Polynesian for an 8:30 Ohana reservation, we would make it, right? The park closes at 8:00 that night so that's the only thing that makes me hesitant - if there's a large mass exodus at that time.

honestly, I wouldn't think you would make it even with a uber. careful, remember its about 15-20mins each way. if the shows over at 7:45, no way you are out of ak by 8. Then you may have to wait to be picked up too. 8:30 is pushing it.

That’s a bummer. I’d like to see the show. I keep looking for a 9:00 reservation but nothing so far.

It's close. Very tight. You stand a chance making it but stand a decent chance being late too. Depends on how comfortable you are checking in to an ADR late. We'll push 15 min or so but no more, others aren't as comfortable with even that.
If you do it you'd want to position yourself to be near the top, close to an exit nearest to the side you'll head out and ready to book it as soon as the show is over. May not be the best seat but you'd be in the theater at least.
I'd start looking for a car as you come down through the Oasis, see what the waits are, request it one so you time your walking out to meet them about when they'd arrive (knowing your walking speed, etc)
You do NOT want Minnie Van. Their pick up is at the far end of the bus stops and a much further walk than the passenger pickup location. Stick with Uber/Lyft.

I think @AngiTN has given you good advice.

It’s doable, but very tight. No margin for error. One of the bigger unknowns is uber/lyft availability... plenty of other people will be using them at that point too and it may put a strain on supply.

Good luck if you try it! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!