Uber vs. Lyft

I have both Lyft and Uber apps on my phone. I find in general, Uber, to be more prompt in getting a car to my locale (more drivers?) with the exception of after midnight during the past New Year's Eve when the big problem was a back up on the roadways leading into DS; think it took an hour for pickup and we used Uber. We still paid the same price quoted despite the delay and obvious demand. Still haven't succumbed to the possible allure of Minnie Vans though so can't speak on the pricing or reliability.
Agreeing that there is a lot of crossover between drivers for Uber and Lyft in the Orlando area. Drivers frequently had lights that flashed either colors and fonts. I get more incentives/financial awards with Uber via my home locale so this might influence my primary choice.

I have both Lyft and Uber apps on my phone. I find in general, Uber, to be more prompt in getting a car to my locale (more drivers?) with the exception of after midnight during the past New Year's Eve when the big problem was a back up on the roadways leading into DS; think it took an hour for pickup and we used Uber. We still paid the same price quoted despite the delay and obvious demand. Still haven't succumbed to the possible allure of Minnie Vans though so can't speak on the pricing or reliability.
Agreeing that there is a lot of crossover between drivers for Uber and Lyft in the Orlando area. Drivers frequently had lights that flashed either colors and fonts. I get more incentives/financial awards with Uber via my home locale so this might influence my primary choice.
Every market is different of course, but in most markets there are more Uber drivers and more Uber passengers than Lyft -- and that translates into quicker pickups generally with Uber. The majority of drivers drive for both companies, but I always just turn Lyft off during busy times because Uber keeps me busy and the Lyft pickups are too far away to be cost-effective.

Although most drivers use both apps, there are a large number who rent their cars from the company and you can only drive for one company in that case. Rental drivers are especially prevalent in Miami and Orlando because of the large numbers of refugees from Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico and the political turmoil in Venezuela.

Traffic getting into and out of major venues can drastically affect pickup times also, as you saw. My plan for Super Bowl this week is to stay as far away from it as possible!

Every market is different of course, but in most markets there are more Uber drivers and more Uber passengers than Lyft -- and that translates into quicker pickups generally with Uber. The majority of drivers drive for both companies, but I always just turn Lyft off during busy times because Uber keeps me busy and the Lyft pickups are too far away to be cost-effective.

Although most drivers use both apps, there are a large number who rent their cars from the company and you can only drive for one company in that case. Rental drivers are especially prevalent in Miami and Orlando because of the large numbers of refugees from Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico and the political turmoil in Venezuela.

Traffic getting into and out of major venues can drastically affect pickup times also, as you saw. My plan for Super Bowl this week is to stay as far away from it as possible!
We realized the traffic problem was not the taxi company's fault when we started to observe our surroundings at the pick up point; it was a mad house. Fortunately, the various drunk people put on a great show and took our minds off our issues:).

I apologize if this answer is out there and I have over looked it. Is there a map or such to show the pick up and drop location for Lyft & Uber, at each of the parks?. We have always used the bus system, but are giving Lyft/Uber a serious thought this time.

I apologize if this answer is out there and I have over looked it. Is there a map or such to show the pick up and drop location for Lyft & Uber, at each of the parks?. We have always used the bus system, but are giving Lyft/Uber a serious thought this time.
Pretty sure the Uber drop offs and pick ups for the parks are generally near the bus stops and/or parking lots. For MK it's probably by the TTC as Disney prefers all vehicles there and you'll have to take either a ferry or monorail from there to MK. The other parks have parking at the entrances.
To find the exact locations, check the Lyft and Uber apps. At least Uber can be searched via your browser; not sure about Lyft.

If you are being picked up and returned to an on property hotel for the ones we've stayed at it's always the front lobby entrance.

HTH

For MK, the best thing to do with Uber/Lyft is to set your destination for the Contemporary and just walk over to MK. It's just a short walk.

If you enter MK as your destination, you will be dropped off at TTC.

DHS pickup is near the Skyliner station, and very well signed. As stated above, Uber & Lyft do not pick up at MK. Epcot & AK entrances are under reconstruction, so the pickup point has been moving around.

If you arrive by rideshare, the pickup should be the same as the drop off. Parking cm's will know where the pickup is located. Security cm's at the park entrances should also know.

On MK, when you leave the park it's just a short walk back to the Contemporary and order Uber/Lyft from there -- or take a monorail to another resort to visit it, or monorail/ferry back to TTC and order Uber/lyft there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter