UK free dining and ultimate ticket: can they be purchased outside the UK?

zavandor

DIS Veteran
This is a question for a friend. He would like to book the free dining offer and buy an ultimate ticket, but he's been told those cannot be purchased outside the UK or Ireland. Is it true? Or is it like the different DLP country sites that anyone can use?
Thanks

If he in the EU? Then he should be able to book at least through the Irish site,if not the UK site

Indeed whilst they say U.K. only I’d be astonished if they under EU law they can stop you if from within the EU

He may be able to book the free offers but you may find he will have to fly into the U.K. or Ireland first. This may cost more then the free dinning plan.

I am sure places like Virgin Holidays will be happy to take his money for a flight from a U.K. airport.

The cost of and extra return flight could make the whole idea more expensive then just buying the dinning plan direct.

He may be able to book the free offers but you may find he will have to fly into the U.K. or Ireland first. This may cost more then the free dinning plan.

I am sure places like Virgin Holidays will be happy to take his money for a flight from a U.K. airport.

The cost of and extra return flight could make the whole idea more expensive then just buying the dinning plan direct.
Whether it works will not be about flying from U.K., they sell the tickets or hotel and ticket packages without need to book a flight. It’s more likely to be questioned at hotel check in if no British or Irish passport supplied

We live in Sweden and always purchase through the British site, until Brexit at least I think they have to sell to all of Europe.

Whether it works will not be about flying from U.K., they sell the tickets or hotel and ticket packages without need to book a flight. It’s more likely to be questioned at hotel check in if no British or Irish passport supplied

OH OK , i thought they were looking to book a whole package.

Yes you can book the hotel and parks but when you enter your address details it may not be accepted.

Maybe worth reading through here,

file:///C:/Users/Office/Downloads/Walt%20Disney%20Travel%20Company%20-%20Booking%20Terms%20&%20Conditions%20-%20English%20(08-01-19).pdf

anyone in the EU can also book the free dining package - right from the disney UK website.
All the EU countries are listed in the drop down box of countries allowed to book the package.

As for brexit - yes it's an issue. In the terms and conditions, there's a very long section about brexit. I didn't read it, but clearly it may impact. But for now, EU, UK and Ireland can purchase a free dining package.

At the end, Disney support told him he could book on the Irish website, which is even better for him since he can pay in Euro. Thanks all for the replies.

I'm wondering what this will mean for the packages that will be brought out in April. Would it still be possible to book through Ireland as an European?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!