Ultimate Day of Thrills Tour Questions?

AMusicLifeForMe

DIS Veteran
Is there anyone with recent experience of doing this tour? I just booked it for March 7th, but I'm not sure if I want to keep it. I got the AP discount since I'm an AP holder. I'm only going for 4 days, so I figured this would be worth it getting on all of my favorite rides in one day. The only ride I wish they had on this tour was Test Track. I'm not sure why they can't add one more ride in EPCOT? Seems like a wasted trip for one ride. I also thought it would be cool to see some backstage areas.

Does anyone know where the food location is? One CM told me that he thought it was Whispering Canyon, but another CM told me that they didn't know.

I was debating with doing the Wild Africa Trek again or this tour. I had already done the Wild Africa Trek which is why I ended up going with this. Does anyone think I made a good decision?

This tour still doesn't go to Animal Kingdom, so I was able to get fastpasses for Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids for after the tour. I then got fastpasses for Rivers of Light that night as well. The tour starts at 8:30 a.m. at MK, and last 7 hours. I calculated that it should end around 3:30 p.m. at Hollywood Studios. Does anyone know if this tour is great at letting you out on-time or early?

I haven't done it yet, but my family is signed up for May. Everything I have read says that lunch is now at Sunshine Seasons. (I think at some point in the past, before it was at Brown Derby, it had been at Whispering Canyon). Everything I have read suggests it gets out on time around 3:30pm.

If I could add one question to your list int he hopes that someone who has done this tour recently can chime in, I am hoping someone can verify what rides they did at MK (since I am also trying to plan my FP+). The website lists BTMR, Splash, Space, HM, and 7DMT. I have read reviews that say this tour also goes to POTC and/or Buzz, but I am hoping to hear recent experiences.

Thank you!

Check this out. This review says they went to Test Track on their Ultimate Thrills Tour! I have no idea (but would be interested to know) whether this is included on a regular basis!
http://www.reallyareyouserious.com/disney-vip-tours/
The blog was posted on Nov. 3rd of last year. At that time, Rock 'N' Rollercoaster was down for refurbishment. The tour probably added Test Track to replace RNRC during the time it was down.

If I could add one question to your list int he hopes that someone who has done this tour recently can chime in, I am hoping someone can verify what rides they did at MK (since I am also trying to plan my FP+). The website lists BTMR, Splash, Space, HM, and 7DMT. I have read reviews that say this tour also goes to POTC and/or Buzz, but I am hoping to hear recent experiences.

Thank you!

All the reports I have seen has been doing both rides. If I were you, I would get fastpasses for Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise at least. You could always repeat a ride if you want to. if you didn't want to repeat a ride, I would personally pick the Little Mermaid, or a picture with talking Mickey. If POTC or Buzz are not on the tour, you could always stand in the stand-by line later after the tour. Also, you can try and change one of your pre-made fastpasses to one of the rides above incase you didn't get to ride POTC or Buzz on the tour. MK is first, so you would probably know early on if you got to ride it or not.

I did this tour about a year ago and was going to do it again this year ( but I booked a short trip for May 26-28 instead)

at the MK we did POTCB splash, BTMRR, HM, 7DMT, SM

the tour got out about 3:30( so I would book my first FP for starting around 4;30 ( since you will have to take a Disney buss to AK ( the tour will take you back to the TTC or MK or leave you at EPCOT)

you do see Back stage and my guide told us a few things about the back stage area ( like he shouted us the thing you get launched out of for RNR kind of hard to explain) they will were very knolegable about Disney and had fun fact to share they answers any question anyone had, but I think each tour guide will be different ( I saw one of mine and he remembered me and walked up to take a picture of me and him to send to the other tour guide, he was on a privet VIP tour that day so he could not stop too long)

I found it fun and was really going to do it again this year but avatar land is oping so I am doing a short trip see see oping day instead but I am still considering doing this. I hope this helps

I did this tour about a year ago and was going to do it again this year ( but I booked a short trip for May 26-28 instead)

at the MK we did POTCB splash, BTMRR, HM, 7DMT, SM

the tour got out about 3:30( so I would book my first FP for starting around 4;30 ( since you will have to take a Disney buss to AK ( the tour will take you back to the TTC or MK or leave you at EPCOT)

you do see Back stage and my guide told us a few things about the back stage area ( like he shouted us the thing you get launched out of for RNR kind of hard to explain) they will were very knolegable about Disney and had fun fact to share they answers any question anyone had, but I think each tour guide will be different ( I saw one of mine and he remembered me and walked up to take a picture of me and him to send to the other tour guide, he was on a privet VIP tour that day so he could not stop too long)

I found it fun and was really going to do it again this year but avatar land is oping so I am doing a short trip see see oping day instead but I am still considering doing this. I hope this helps
I thought the tour ended in Hollywood Studios. Was that a change that has been made within the last year?

I did it when it originally came out but I think with the exception of lunch change it's still the same (if it's still a different lunch location). Generally it's the disney thrills of MK, AK and HS. So mostly the thrill rides but some disney thrills tossed in like haunted mansion and pirates. Weather or construction could vary the tour any day so epcot is possible but rare.

I did it for the last day at disney in 2014, It was a long trip and very busy and we had some twisted ankle downtime. It was a great way to just hit most of our favorites in 7 hours and then head home. I've wanted to do it again but play it by ear as a good week with reasonable crowds and we don't really want to pay to do the same rides again.

I did it when it originally came out but I think with the exception of lunch change it's still the same (if it's still a different lunch location). Generally it's the disney thrills of MK, AK and HS. So mostly the thrill rides but some disney thrills tossed in like haunted mansion and pirates. Weather or construction could vary the tour any day so epcot is possible but rare.

I did it for the last day at disney in 2014, It was a long trip and very busy and we had some twisted ankle downtime. It was a great way to just hit most of our favorites in 7 hours and then head home. I've wanted to do it again but play it by ear as a good week with reasonable crowds and we don't really want to pay to do the same rides again.
they no longer do AK but do EPCOT instead. They also do not do the drown derby for lunch but the place down stares in the land ( witch I like more)

they no longer do AK but do EPCOT instead. They also do not do the drown derby for lunch but the place down stares in the land ( witch I like more)

I suspect pandora might change that again. I thought it was only epcot while dinosaur was down becuase going to ak for 1 ride didn't make sense.

I suspect pandora might change that again. I thought it was only epcot while dinosaur was down becuase going to ak for 1 ride didn't make sense.
So, why wouldn't they keep Animal Kingdom for one ride when they are just doing one ride at EPCOT? They could have always chosen to eat at another location.

Is this tour (or any others) done during the week after Christmas before New Years? Or the week after New Years?

Is this tour (or any others) done during the week after Christmas before New Years? Or the week after New Years?
When I tried booking tours for the week of Christmas-New Years this past year, I was told that Disney wasn't doing tours. I was told that you could still book the a lot more expensive VIP tour though. I wasn't going to pay $300 an hour per person for it though (I think that is the price). I can't speak for the week after New Years though.

no they do not do this during Christmas of New Years as they need all the tour guides to do the privet more expensive tours ( I was told there was a wait list for the privet tours)

The change in the meal would be a big deal for me with the increased price. When we had our Brown Derby lunch, we were in a quiet environment and we enjoyed our conversations. It felt like the VIP experience we paid for and the food was a real meal, not fast food with plastic utensils. You had better get a fantastic dessert to make up for the change!

Yes, I know you don't go for the meal but you are paying for a VIP experience and fast food is not VIP.

The change in the meal would be a big deal for me with the increased price. When we had our Brown Derby lunch, we were in a quiet environment and we enjoyed our conversations. It felt like the VIP experience we paid for and the food was a real meal, not fast food with plastic utensils. You had better get a fantastic dessert to make up for the change!

Yes, I know you don't go for the meal but you are paying for a VIP experience and fast food is not VIP.
I don't know what the price was before. I got the AP discount, so I'm paying about $20 less than what the written price is now. I'm looking forward to this tour next week.

Please report back on how it goes. I booked this for July and am anxious to see if it is worth the cost. I too got an AP discount but when paying for four people I want it to be worth it:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!