Ultimate Disney Fall Into Magic Package - Sept. 3-8

The two biggest takeaways of this trip are: 1) This is a great time to plan a WDW trip because of the low crowds. The wait times were ridiculously low. I walked onto most rides in every park. The longest time I had to wait was 45 minutes to ride Frozen after the Epcot dinner and Illuminations.
2) Stay in a deluxe resort if possible. I probably saved at least an entire day's worth of time by avoiding bus travel and the proximity to the parks. I did everything I wanted to do and more- and could take a mid day break to cool off.

As far as the package goes, it was a bit of a let down. First of all, nobody in this package received the discounted rates for our rooms. We paid full price for our rooms and were not eligible for free dining. So, this package, by default cost us all more money than the other visitors- regardless of where anyone stayed. Don't get me wrong, I was THRILLED to stay at the Contemporary and LOVED the resort. That experience alone made my trip magical.

Second of all- It was HOT at the after hours events. It might have been a nice touch to have had ice water coolers nearby for us. They definitely could have sold me a reusable water bottle- especially at Animal Kingdom and Toy Story Land. This would have had zero additional cost for Disney and added to perceived value to us. At the very least we would have felt "taken care of."

Third- Fast passes to the tiered attractions at Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood would have been a nice surprise. They could have been good for any point during the day of the activity. Extra fast passes to other attractions weren't really necessary because of the low crowd levels. I LOVED the low crowds. This may be my new favorite time to go.

Fourth- The Friday night Halloween party was EXTREMELY crowded. I attended the party on September 3rd and the difference was noticeable. A cast member did mention that a dessert event may be added for next year. But we could have been given a choice as to which night we wanted to attend. This observation is irrelevant- because I normally go to more than one party during a trip. But, Monday night was WAY more enjoyable.

Finally, and this is kind of nitpicking. I got the survey this morning and was asked my opinion of experiences included in the package. I literally snorted when I was asked how I liked my "welcome gift." When I checked into my resort, I got an envelope that held my lanyard, my itinerary, and my Halloween Party ticket. If that is now what they refer to as a gift, I personally find it a little insulting. It left me feeling like I left something behind. I wasn't expecting anything until I got the survey.

Overall, my trip was excellent. The best Disney vacation ever. I got to stay in my bucket list resort and loved it. I'll spend absolutely look at the Contemporary the next time I go. It is top notch- from top to bottom. The low crowds were even better. I loved the Toy Story Land access- and that is the main reason I signed up for this package. As far as the overall package, I'm honestly a little underwhelmed. Disney does a great job at managing expectations and exceeding them, so I'm a little surprised by their inattention to detail. The things I listed above don't mean that my trip was horrible and disappointing because I didn't get a bunch of "stuff." I really just hope that someone from Disney reads this and takes this into consideration when putting together packages like this in the future. I did have a wonderful trip and brought a whole bunch of pixie dust home. If the dates line up, I'd consider doing this again. Maybe. I'm definitely going to come back this time of year.

Second of all- It was HOT at the after hours events. It might have been a nice touch to have had ice water coolers nearby for us. They definitely could have sold me a reusable water bottle- especially at Animal Kingdom and Toy Story Land. This would have had zero additional cost for Disney and added to perceived value to us. At the very least we would have felt "taken care of."

I spent an immense amount of time wishing they would sell me a reusable water bottle and have a source of good filtered water. My wife can't deal with the taste of even the QS water cups (to me they're bad but passable), so we spent hundreds on water on the trip. =O

Ditto about fav time to go, I'm thinking we'll make a trip there next year but would pass on the options. I had the same experience with the "welcome gift". In the survey I said I must have missed it.

I was underwhelmed as well. I think adding a character meet to the Epcot dinner would have escalated that event for us. It also needed more actual food that featured Food and Wine offerings. My daughters loved dancing with the singers, though. I booked this package for the exclusive access to Toy Story Land. If I had known ahead of time it was going to be so late at night, I wouldn’t have booked. My 4 year old slept in her stroller the whole time and missed it all. She also couldn’t ride Everest since she was too short, so that added more disappointment for her. I got to sit around with her after the safari for an hour waiting for Rivers of Light to start. Not fun at all.

I also have no idea what the “welcome gift” was. LOL.

The low crowds were awesome. We booked the free dining bounce back for the same week next year.

I spent an immense amount of time wishing they would sell me a reusable water bottle and have a source of good filtered water. My wife can't deal with the taste of even the QS water cups (to me they're bad but passable), so we spent hundreds on water on the trip. =O

We spent a fortune on water when I was there in February and I said not again! So I brought a reuseable water bottle plus saved an empty Dasani bottle and used the Freestyle machines to fill them up. I hate the taste of the fountain water too. Yuck.

I need to fill out my survey, I definitely don't consider what we got a "Welcome Gift."

They actually sent me a wrong survey the first time. It asked me about my stay at Wildnerness Lodge during the Fall into Magic package. When I selected that I didn't stay there, it ended my survey. I got a new one yesterday. Good old Disney IT at work.

We loved going this time of year as well. Nothing very crowded and great weather. We enjoyed some aspects of the package but agreed they could have done more Like the extra FP s suggested that cost them nothing. I did the survey and was surprised when they asked how I liked some of the things included, like the welcome gift, that I was not even aware of! Their communication about included items wasn’t very good.

We really enjoyed the relaxing pace of the trip, for us it was completely different as we normally do commando style Disney trips with rope drop most mornings. This time we spent time at the resort pool most mornings and then just went in to parks mid day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter