Ultimate Park Hopper vs Park Hopper Plus

ziggystardust

DIS Veteran
My question is, is it better to purchase the Ultimate Park Hopper or A 7 day Park Hopper PLus pass.
There will be 2 adults traveling from Dec 5-11.(arriving early and leaving late) We most likely won't be doing the water parks (but it would be nice to have the option) and we will most likely be going to Pleasure Island a few times, and possibly a single trip to Disney Quest.
The price difference is only about $10 a ticket- what one would you choose?

Park Hopper--they never expire! UPH are good for the length of your trip. Then, if you have a day when you don't want to go to a park, you can relax guilt free--because that ticket will be good when you come back!

Originally posted by ziggystardust
My question is, is it better to purchase the Ultimate Park Hopper or A 7 day Park Hopper PLus pass.
There will be 2 adults traveling from Dec 5-11.(arriving early and leaving late) We most likely won't be doing the water parks (but it would be nice to have the option) and we will most likely be going to Pleasure Island a few times, and possibly a single trip to Disney Quest.
The price difference is only about $10 a ticket- what one would you choose?

Well, since a 7 day park hopper only has four plusses, you might as well go with the UPHs to get the most flexibility for only $10. That way, with 3 trips to PI and one to DQ, you would still have the water park option.

Ed

PHP tickets do NOT include admission to DQ. If you are planning on going that will be an extra expense. This means the PHPs will cost more $$ than UPHs. However, as others have said, unused days and plus options never expire. Even if you go to a main park for all 7 days and go to Pleasure Island twice, you'll still have leftover plus options for your next trip.

Also, if you end up doing a lot at the parks in your first 4-5 days you may feel you don't need to repeat some of the parks (ie, if you see everything you want to at AK on one day, you may not feel the need to go back to AK on this trip). This would free up a day to go to US/IOA (or some other non-Disney attraction). Or you may want to just take a day off and rest at the resort, or go to a water park and not a main park. With the UPH it means you'll have "wasted" that day because you didn't go to a park. With the PHP you'll still have that day for a future trip.

For convenience and worry free trips the UPH is great. No worrying about how many days left, and you can go to a water park in the am and go eat dinner at Epcot in the pm without "losing" a whole park day off a PHP. But for value, I think PHPs are the better buy because the days never expire. Even following your plan you'll have two plus options left at the end of your trip. Is that worth an extra $20/person? Only you can decide.

I'm sure I've thoroughly confused you now :confused: .

Thanks so much for your help. I guess I have to sit down and plan out our days a little sooner than I thought I would. If DQ is a possibilty, then I will go with the UPH. Thanks for the info (especially the room key/park ticket- thats a definate plus)

Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter