*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we did a split stay one time, including 2 nights at the contemporary in a theme park view room.....
it was really cool being able to look out at the MK from our room!

It was a splurge....but we did the MK view Bay Lake Tower room for our honeymoon. It was the year BLT opened, and we took the kids along for the celebration. Nothing beats seeing the park open and close, fireworks, and counting monorails from the balcony. A memory I will always hold dear to my heart:)

counting monorails from the balcony
Reminds me of our one and only trip to Disneyland. We stayed offsite, but if you are familiar with Disneyland, there are offsite hotels literally across the street from the park. We stayed in one of those and could see the park from our room. The monorail went right past us and we could lie in bed and see the fireworks or sit out on the balcony if we wanted a better view.

Reminds me of our one and only trip to Disneyland. We stayed offsite, but if you are familiar with Disneyland, there are offsite hotels literally across the street from the park. We stayed in one of those and could see the park from our room. The monorail went right past us and we could lie in bed and see the fireworks or sit out on the balcony if we wanted a better view.
Loved Disneyland! Finally got to go there for the first time last year. We stayed at the Howard Johnson, and were amazed how close we were to the park entrance. Like you mentioned, the monorail went right by the property, and we could see the fireworks at night. There was something special about the closeness of everything in Disneyland....in the hotels, at the parks, and even on the rides. Always felt like you could just reach out and touch the magic, and so much history. My dad told me for years I wouldn’t appreciate Disneyland after so many trips to Florida...so glad I finally went out on that limb. He was sooooo wrong

We didn’t have a view from our room but our hotel was right across the street and as we were getting out of our car we saw a monorail go by which was a pretty cool “welcome”

Loved Disneyland! Finally got to go there for the first time last year. We stayed at the Howard Johnson, and were amazed how close we were to the park entrance. Like you mentioned, the monorail went right by the property, and we could see the fireworks at night. There was something special about the closeness of everything in Disneyland....in the hotels, at the parks, and even on the rides. Always felt like you could just reach out and touch the magic, and so much history. My dad told me for years I wouldn’t appreciate Disneyland after so many trips to Florida...so glad I finally went out on that limb. He was sooooo wrong

We stayed at the HoJo too - great hotel and we had a kids suite so kids in a separate room with bunk beds, etc

Unfortunately we are in the group that agrees with your dad (sorry Disneyland people)

They are owned by Wyndham now and per google they have 356 locations ... not sure how many restaurants but definitely still hotels

i googled that... only one restaurant....amazing..
there used to be a lot more motels and restaurants..

when i was growing up, there were a zillion of them in michigan, now (according to google) there are only 2.
One in romulus (no, not a place in star trek - it's where detroit's airport is) and one way up north in traverse city (one of the prettiest places in the USA)..

it was a big part of my childhood...we had one a few miles away, both motel and restaurant..
that was a special treat - dinner and especially yummy ice cream dessert at Ho Jos....

Even as a non-solo person, its tough. Until all the details are released its a guessing game.
Yes it is :-)

Since we have Free Dining, (for the 1st time) we upgraded too.......we had to schedule ours. Hopefully we've spread them out enough so we'll get to do some events beyond the ones we've already planed to attend based on this thread.

We don't do more than one ADR a day and we've got them all over the place so let the chips fall where they do.........and not during a drinking event with Corey/Ryno/Craig :P

Doug :goofy:

I don't recall this being mentioned in this thread so my apologies if it has... The MK Disney After Hours event would be a perfect get together. Unfortunately past August DAH events at Magic Kingdom have been on Saturday. I'll be watching to see when Disney posts DAH for the summer. If you have not been to MK DAH it is, in my opinion, the very best hard ticket event Disney offers.

I keep hoping for a miracle that they suddenly start doing MK DAH on Fridays or Sundays!

Since we're staying at CSR, I just booked an early ADR for 8/10 before we go to the party!

YAY I well I still want to go so have just booked a table, I did it for 6 people at 10.05 on the 7th August, if everyone still wants to go.

If not I can always reduced it but I am definitely having mimosa and mickey waffles lol
I’m still in!

Just wanted to let anyone who may not have booked a room yet, we did a room upgrade with Free Dining @ POP Century so we cancelled the room we booked under the group.

In the end its probably break even but for us it takes away some of the stress :P

With the Summer discounts out I did some math on our change to free dining. First, there is no availability for a "Preferred" room at PoP at this time....... 1 for us! So I ran 2 scenario's with taking the room discount with our current set (No FDing) on a Standard room......we're saving $215 2 for us! I ran a second scenario with the Room+ticket package and everything else being equal on a "Preferred Pool" room.........and we're saving $450.......3 in a row! :-) Now the savings isn't astronomical but there is a savings so that's a win in my book........which you can't always say with free dining. 8-)

@TheMaxRebo A couple of things for the next time you update the first page. I've added an extra night to my stay at Pop (the 12th), because why not? And could you add me to the list for the Welcome party at Pop? Not sure how I missed it but it kinda makes sense since it's my "home" for the week!

Thanks!

Glenn

***** Status Update *****

Just a quick update - I did go back and updated the first page with a few proposed changes I saw ... if I missed anything, please let me know and truest that I absolutely did ignore you on purpose ;)

@k8Davies - I changed the breakfast in MK to be for the Plaza and my wife and I are definitely in for that

One last note - and not to get people's hopes up, but there are rumblings that things are being completed earlier than originally scheduled. The latest is that Galaxy's Edge is ahead of schedule and previews could start as early as July. Also that the Skyliner is in full testing and Mickey and Minnie's might be ready for August. Obviously nothing is confirmed, but just something to be mindful of that could be an even more exciting time to be there - and potentiall more crowded! (for the record I think there is no shot that GE is open for previews in July and will be surprised if the land is open before late Oct, but who knows at this point)

***** / Status Update *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts