*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
***** Status Update *****

Just a quick update - I did go back and updated the first page with a few proposed changes I saw ... if I missed anything, please let me know and truest that I absolutely did ignore you on purpose ;)

@k8Davies - I changed the breakfast in MK to be for the Plaza and my wife and I are definitely in for that

One last note - and not to get people's hopes up, but there are rumblings that things are being completed earlier than originally scheduled. The latest is that Galaxy's Edge is ahead of schedule and previews could start as early as July. Also that the Skyliner is in full testing and Mickey and Minnie's might be ready for August. Obviously nothing is confirmed, but just something to be mindful of that could be an even more exciting time to be there - and potentiall more crowded! (for the record I think there is no shot that GE is open for previews in July and will be surprised if the land is open before late Oct, but who knows at this point)

***** / Status Update *****
If Star Wars has passholder previews while I am down I may just die of excitement!

The latest is that Galaxy's Edge is ahead of schedule and previews could start as early as July. Also that the Skyliner is in full testing and Mickey and Minnie's might be ready for August.

I will definitely do the Skyliner if I can. I'm actually more excited about that than I am about GE, as weird as that may be.

And if we can get on Mickey and Minnie's without waiting more than an hour, count me in.

Just a quick update - I did go back and updated the first page with a few proposed changes I saw ... if I missed anything, please let me know and truest that I absolutely did ignore you on purpose ;)

@k8Davies - I changed the breakfast in MK to be for the Plaza and my wife and I are definitely in for that

One last note - and not to get people's hopes up, but there are rumblings that things are being completed earlier than originally scheduled. The latest is that Galaxy's Edge is ahead of schedule and previews could start as early as July. Also that the Skyliner is in full testing and Mickey and Minnie's might be ready for August. Obviously nothing is confirmed, but just something to be mindful of that could be an even more exciting time to be there - and potentiall more crowded! (for the record I think there is no shot that GE is open for previews in July and will be surprised if the land is open before late Oct, but who knows at this point)

Based on the discussion on the vlog yesterday, we may hear about SWG opening in Disneyland this week. I don't recall but did Pandora do previews 3 months ahead of its opening? o_O

As far as the Skyliner goes.....I'm much more optimistic about an earlier opening for it......and so is Pete :-). My wife and I are staying at PoP so we'll be using it if its available.:P Fingers crossed!

Doug :goofy:

Based on the discussion on the vlog yesterday, we may hear about SWG opening in Disneyland this week. I don't recall but did Pandora do previews 3 months ahead of its opening? o_O

As far as the Skyliner goes.....I'm much more optimistic about an earlier opening for it......and so is Pete :-). My wife and I are staying at PoP so we'll be using it if its available.:P Fingers crossed!

yeah, from what I am seeing we should get a date for DL tomorrow at the earnings call ... likely nothing for WDW's version (though perhaps we get a bit of a narrowing to like a month or something - be shocked if we get an official date for WDW)

I am wondering if when that site said "previews in July" they meant more like "hard hat tours for bloggers in July" - something like that I could see

yeah, from what I am seeing we should get a date for DL tomorrow at the earnings call ... likely nothing for WDW's version (though perhaps we get a bit of a narrowing to like a month or something - be shocked if we get an official date for WDW)

I am wondering if when that site said "previews in July" they meant more like "hard hat tours for bloggers in July" - something like that I could see
I apologize I missed the "previews in July".........given how important this one is........the earlier the better right!

Doug:goofy:

Thanks @TheMaxRebo for the update can’t wait to meet you and your lovely wife and have a fantastic breakfast.

As for the other news the Gondolas opening early would be amazing as I’m staying at CBR so it will definitely cut down on bus waits.

SWL summer might be a bit optimistic but here’s hoping. especially as I’m going again in October so even if it is just preliminary preview with pass holders and blogger it would be hopefully be fully open for that trip.

@Max Rebo you got me on this one :) SWG opens on Aug 29th! :rainbow: Even with it being only a partial opening.........they went for the cash :)

Doug:goofy:

Good News - Bad News:

Our daughter is going to be involved in a musical production the first two weekends in August.

But that means we won't be able to attend the event and have to reschedule our trip :/

did i already mention that we're going to the halloween party on friday august 16th?

since it's the first one, it will probably be crazy crowded, but on the other hand it's exciting as we had no expectation that we'd be there for a party....

My husband thinks I'm crazy. I'll be driving the 8 hours back for opening day of Galaxys Edge. I think he may be right. But this would be the 4th opening day land I attend. Something I wanted to do.

if i could drive to WDW, i'd be right there with you!!
but so far no bridge or tunnel across the atlantic....one day....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts