*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I am just wanting to let you know that I have created a Disboards March Madness Tournament Challenge Group. If you have filled out a bracket this year, you are more than welcome to join our group and see how your March Madness bracket fairs against some Disney fans! This is just a fun thing for us to do while we wait 4 1/2 months to meet at Walt Disney World.

There is no cost involved and no prize for the winner. Just a friendly competition.

***THIS GROUP IS NOW CLOSED TO ACCEPTING NEW PEOPLE AND NEW BRACKETS!!!***

Link to the group: http://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2019/en/group?groupID=3371800

Name of Group: March_Disboards_Madness!
Password to Join: DISer
Number of Brackets Allowed Per Person: 2

If you want to join, you have about 24 hours to do so. That is because once the Round of 64 officially begins, you will not be able to join.

If you have any problems joining the group, let me know.

Last edited:
***** QUICK OFFICIAL EVENTS UPDATE *****

Just a quick note that John covered some items related to the event during yesterday DIS Unplugged episode. I have the video linked below and he starts covering it at about the 31:40 mark

Key takeaways:
- Auction: For those donating items, there will be a form to fill out with the information about your item and how to get it to them. Link to that form should go up in the next week or so
- Transportation after the Pandora party they will have buses to bring people back to any Disney property hotel after the party. Again, will have a link to register for this in the next week or so and there will be a nominal charge (TBD but John said "around $10")
- Official Team Events: They have some ideas and are putting them together now. They hope/plan that in the next 3-4 weeks they will have information and registration out for those smaller events - at least for the ones that have limited capacity. This should put it well before any of the FP booking windows open, which will be nice

***** /End QUICK OFFICIAL EVENTS UPDATE *****

Just a quick note that John covered some items related to the event during yesterday DIS Unplugged episode. I have the video linked below and he starts covering it at about the 31:40 mark

Key takeaways:
- Auction: For those donating items, there will be a form to fill out with the information about your item and how to get it to them. Link to that form should go up in the next week or so
- Transportation after the Pandora party they will have buses to bring people back to any Disney property hotel after the party. Again, will have a link to register for this in the next week or so and there will be a nominal charge (TBD but John said "around $10")
- Official Team Events: They have some ideas and are putting them together now. They hope/plan that in the next 3-4 weeks they will have information and registration out for those smaller events - at least for the ones that have limited capacity. This should put it well before any of the FP booking windows open, which will be nice

thanks for the update and podcast heads up!! off to listen now..
i guess i'll sign us up for the bus transportation..
that sounds like the easiest thing to do..

i was thinking that if we drive, it will be kind of weird to head out to the car that late at night when there aren't many people around..

Last edited:

Key takeaways:

Thanks for this I was listening on the way home from work and it really cheered me up. As I was in bit of a holiday lull as book my ADR and still got a wait till the FP+ open.

So hearing this got me excited again. I can’t wait to see what they have plan and also to book my transport back from the party.

As I want make sure I get back all safe and sound, to get my beauty sleep before the podcast the next day

Last edited:

**** Update regarding donating items for Auction to raise money for Give Kids the World ****

John posted in the official thread information on how to donate items to the auction: Click here

Note: you need to submit the form as mentioned in the above post if you want to donate items. If shipping, all items must be received by June 30th. If attending the event you can bring the items with you but they are only accepting items delivered on August 7th and you still need to fill out the form

**** /End Update regarding donating items for Auction to raise money for Give Kids the World ****

John posted in the official thread information on how to donate items to the auction
I saw that. That's really kind of a pain if you are donating multiple items. We probably have at least 20 things we're donating. I emailed Teresa to see if I could just put all of the info in a word doc and send it in that way. I'll sit and do them one by one if necessary but I'd rather not. Last time I just shipped a carton down to her with a list describing each item. That was way easier.

We did the transport after the 2017 Epcot party - it was great for just the two of us, but it definitely didn't leave until a while after the event ended (probably to avoid leaving anyone on the list behind). Since we're hoping to do the DVC MM and this with our kids, plus probably a water park one day, we've rented a car for the middle part of the trip - still using DME so I don't have to deal with driving in and out of MCO (and our bags!). Just going to pick up & drop off at the CCC

We did the transport after the 2017 Epcot party - it was great for just the two of us, but it definitely didn't leave until a while after the event ended (probably to avoid leaving anyone on the list behind). Since we're hoping to do the DVC MM and this with our kids, plus probably a water park one day, we've rented a car for the middle part of the trip - still using DME so I don't have to deal with driving in and out of MCO (and our bags!). Just going to pick up & drop off at the CCC

That's good to know. I was leaning towards doing an uber anyway so I don't lock myself in to staying until the event is over and wanting to get back quicker and easier.

I'm new to the site and forums. Well, not really but have been reading them for a few years. Also, I'm Male to Female Transgendered which makes me a bit hesitant.

I also had a total knee replacement a year ago and now I need a total hip replacement, ugh. I may be in an ECV, I don't have a date for surgery (dr wants to try less invasive stuff first). I can stand fine and I can walk short distances today but don't know how I'll be in August.

I've been wanting to attend one of these for a while and I finally decided to bite the bullet and fly, er drive solo for the event. I won't be attending Saturday night, I waited too long to reserve everything. Long time Disney fan, since the early 1970's. I've stayed at every resort built before 2015. First visit was 1/20-24/1975, Senior class trip. But that's a whole other story. LOL

I'm staying at The Contemporary from 8/8 to 8/11. I'm coming over on 8/7 for the day (I live in Tampa Bay) and heading back home later that day, coming back and staying on the 8th. So please feel free to add me to the list of who's staying where.

I'm interested in the following events...

Bar Crawl, Options 2, 3 or 4
Trivia Contest
Mini Golf Tournament
Disney Tours
Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom Friday 8/9
Hoop Dee Doo
Illuminations
Disney Springs Lunch (no Movie)
Garden Grill Solo Travelers Breakfast (If Thursday or Saturday)
Breakfast in Magic Kingdom​

Last edited:
I'm new to the site and forums. Well, not really but have been reading them for a few years. Also, I'm Male to Female Transgendered which makes me a bit hesitant.

I also had a total knee replacement a year ago and now I need a total hip replacement, ugh. I may be in an ECV, I don't have a date for surgery (dr wants to try less invasive stuff first). I can stand fine and I can walk short distances today but don't know how I'll be in August.

I've been wanting to attend one of these for a while and I finally decided to bite the bullet and fly, er drive solo for the event. I won't be attending Saturday night, I waited too long to reserve everything. Long time Disney fan, since the early 1970's. I've stayed at every resort built before 2015. First visit was 1/20-24/1975, Senior class trip. But that's a whole other story. LOL

I'm staying at The Contemporary from 8/8 to 8/11. I'm coming over on 8/7 for the day (I live in Tampa Bay) and heading back home later that day, coming back and staying on the 8th. So please feel free to add me to the list of who's staying where.

I'm interested in the following events...

Bar Crawl, Options 2, 3 or 4
Trivia Contest
Mini Golf Tournament
Disney Tours
Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom Friday 8/9
Hoop Dee Doo
Illuminations
Disney Springs Lunch (no Movie)
Garden Grill Solo Travelers Breakfast (If Thursday or Saturday)
Breakfast in Magic Kingdom​

Just wanted to say a big welcome to the boards and yay on booking your trip.

Happy to add you to the breakfast in the Magic Kingdom I have reservation for 10am on the 7th at The Plaza Restaurant- when I booked I added an extra space anyway, so all good.

Also good luck with the surgery on your hip - fingers crossed it’s all sorted before the trip.

Just wanted to say a big welcome to the boards and yay on booking your trip.

Happy to add you to the breakfast in the Magic Kingdom I have reservation for 10am on the 7th at The Plaza Restaurant- when I booked I added an extra space anyway, so all good.

Also good luck with the surgery on your hip - fingers crossed it’s all sorted before the trip.

I've always felt that The Plaza Restaurant was one of the best kept secrets of MK. As recent as 10 years ago it almost always had availability. Thank goodness it's at 10am, I don't have to leave home until 8:00. Hr drive there and then get in the park for a bit, then head to The Contemporary to pick up my creds.

I'm new to the site and forums.

First visit was 1/20-24/1975, Senior class trip.
Welcome, Danielle!

I hope we get the chance to meet. I love connecting with people who have as long a history with Disney and Disney World as I do. My first trip was Memorial Day Weekend 1978. Good luck with the medical stuff. If you do anything to adorn your ECV that would make you easier to recognize, let us know.

Welcome, Danielle!

I hope we get the chance to meet. I love connecting with people who have as long a history with Disney and Disney World as I do. My first trip was Memorial Day Weekend 1978. Good luck with the medical stuff. If you do anything to adorn your ECV that would make you easier to recognize, let us know.

I went to DW last October for Food & Wine and I rented an ECV. I have to say, it's the way to go regardless of disability. You get around a heck of a lot faster though the tourists don't hear you pressing the horn button or think "they must mean someone else." LOL I didn't use it to jump in front of any lines, I just used it to get around EPCOT. It's going to be a rented ECV so adorning it won't fly with the rental company.

I've always felt that The Plaza Restaurant was one of the best kept secrets of MK. As recent as 10 years ago it almost always had availability. Thank goodness it's at 10am, I don't have to leave home until 8:00. Hr drive there and then get in the park for a bit, then head to The Contemporary to pick up my creds.

Yay well I can’t wait to try the Plaza, it’ll be my first time.

Also we plan to head down after brekkie to get our credentials, so we can all go together.

Yay well I can’t wait to try the Plaza, it’ll be my first time.

Also we plan to head down after brekkie to get our credentials, so we can all go together.

I've loved the Plaza every time I've eaten there. And thanks for your welcome. By the way, were you the one looking to adopt someone for the BLT event?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter