Unable to book anything

aleh021

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone!

Unsure if it's just me, but is anyone else able to look at hotel availability right now? Searched for dates in July/August but nothings popping up. Maybe they are adjusting room availability to maintain capacity?

Someone has posted that they have stopped all reservations and ticket purchases right now to make sure they deal with everyone who is currently booked. It could be so they don't take more reservations for peopole who won't be able to get in the parks.

From the Disney Parks Blog post:

"Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited as we welcome guests back to the magic, we will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on guests with existing tickets and reservations (Disney Vacation Club members can still make new reservations). Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we’ll be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new ticket sales and hotel reservations after that period of time. Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon."

Someone has posted that they have stopped all reservations and ticket purchases right now to make sure they deal with everyone who is currently booked. It could be so they don't take more reservations for peopole who won't be able to get in the parks.

Thanks for the info. What is your thinking on this? I'm still booked for the week before they open and had not cancelled thinking they would reopen just after the 4th of July. My dates are July 5-10. I had points that "expired" with my April UY but were extended 6 months. I had to rebook with other points and therefore am out of points and didn't change because the CS instructed me that Disney would work with me when the time came. Great! The only problem is that I all reservation systems appear to be down since I began trying at 10am CST this morning, yet DVC rooms are disappearing at an alarming rate. If this keeps up, there will be nothing left for DVC by the end of the day.

Thanks for the heads up. I have ressies July 6 and wanted to move them to August. I'll wait and see if they reach out to me. I'm an AP....so hopefully things will work out.

Thanks for the info. What is your thinking on this? I'm still booked for the week before they open and had not cancelled thinking they would reopen just after the 4th of July. My dates are July 5-10. I had points that "expired" with my April UY but were extended 6 months. I had to rebook with other points and therefore am out of points and didn't change because the CS instructed me that Disney would work with me when the time came. Great! The only problem is that I all reservation systems appear to be down since I began trying at 10am CST this morning, yet DVC rooms are disappearing at an alarming rate. If this keeps up, there will be nothing left for DVC by the end of the day.

DVC is still available for booking as I have been able to change and update my early July trip,

You are right, things are going quickly but Be patient. They have stopped the cash reservations though because it sounds like none of those area go until July 11th.

Hi everyone,
Do you guys think some regular non DVC resorts will begin to open by July 15 since all the parks are opening and since they’ve frozen the ability for non DVC to make reversions to focus on already planned guests? I’m staying at pop June 23.. wondering if they would cancel on me if pop was closed or if they would move me? I would think pop would be opened bc it’s a large value and so easy to social distance... thoughts? Need some positive thinking here lol

Had reservations for April but they were cancelled due to COVID19. Was just getting ready to rebook for November 2020. I’m an AP holder so do you think if I call they will let me book?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter