UNDERCOVER TOURIST REFUND?

MBELSANTI

Mama Mia, Mangia Mangia!!
Hi,
I purchased my tickets literally right before everything hit for our May 2 trip. I know we can change dates to future date, but my son was just laid off and my job is about ready to start lay offs and I really need the $1000 I spent on those tickets since my son cannot pay his 1/2 now. Has anyone been able to do this? I cannot think of planning a future date when I don’t know what’s in store for me.

As Robo said, you would need to contact UT to see if they will issue you a refund. Their typical policy is:

"Your confidence in purchasing takes priority, which is why we offer a 90-day Return Policy and use common sense and fair practices when dealing with your cancellations and refunds. If you believe you are eligible for a refund, please contact us for further shipping instructions. Once tickets have been received and verified by Undercover Tourist, we will issue a refund back to the initial form of payment according to the terms below within 15 business days.

• If you require a refund - a fee of 5% of the total order amount will be charged to cover the delivery, handling and the processing fees associated with accepting your credit card and fulfilling the order.
• Please refer to the specific ticket detail page to see if your ticket qualifies for the 90-day Return Policy.
• Expired tickets, or any ticket not currently sold on this site, are non-refundable.
• Disney E-tickets are not refundable once the order has been placed."

Thank you I will try again. I have been able to reach them. I am sure they are inundated with similar requests.

Were they e-tickets or physical tickets? The physical tickets are definitely refundable with in the 90 day window if you haven't linked them to your account.

Hi,
I purchased my tickets literally right before everything hit for our May 2 trip. I know we can change dates to future date, but my son was just laid off and my job is about ready to start lay offs and I really need the $1000 I spent on those tickets since my son cannot pay his 1/2 now. Has anyone been able to do this? I cannot think of planning a future date when I don’t know what’s in store for me.
Yea I’d like to know how you make out. I have an e ticket already linked for June. I’m already laid off so not sure if we will be able to go this year and would be nice to have money back. I knew when we bought them they were non refundable but who would of known all this would happen.

Let me start by saying that UT has been very active in communicating with customers via email and posts here (that were since removed) on how they are willing to help customers during this crisis. I'm not getting into why they posts were removed, but they did offer insight and instructions on how they were were helping customers.
I am one of them, and I cancelled my May trip and have been reimbursed the full refund amount without the 5% restock fee. For reference, I'm two hours outside of NYC and directly affected by everything going on, have been on lockdown for over two weeks, county just instituted a full stay at home order, family not working for two weeks, using all vacation pay and time, and trying to get unemployement. Throwing that out there so you know that I fully understand your position as I'm in the same.

• If you require a refund - a fee of 5% of the total order amount will be charged to cover the delivery, handling and the processing fees associated with accepting your credit card and fulfilling the order.
• Please refer to the specific ticket detail page to see if your ticket qualifies for the 90-day Return Policy.
• Expired tickets, or any ticket not currently sold on this site, are non-refundable.
• Disney E-tickets are not refundable once the order has been placed."
They are helping people in these instances. Including the 5% restocking fee and usual e ticket non refund. Best to contact them directly to see how they will help you.
The physical tickets are definitely refundable with in the 90 day window if you haven't linked them to your account.
Not true. It was true a few years ago that tickets linked to MDE were non refundable, but it's been changed well before this current crisis. You can get a refund if you're in the 90 days and the tickets had been linked to MDE. Mine were, and I still got the refund.
I have an e ticket already linked for June. I’m already laid off so not sure if we will be able to go this year and would be nice to have money back. I knew when we bought them they were non refundable but who would of known all this would happen.
Ian from UT posted last Monday that they were making an exception on etickets due to the current crisis. This was the info I saved from his post:
"This changed a couple of days ago. We can issue 95% refunds on E-Tickets now. We still ask that as tickets retain their value, we all need a vacation after this and you can keep the savings that you hold onto the tickets.
If you cannot hold onto the tickets we ask that you wait to ask for a refund as we are very busy and there is no loss in value or issue if you give us a little time to get to you.
"
That post was removed off the dis, but he did post it. He also posted they were helping people with Uni tix that were promos and otherwise non refundable.

Keep in mind that Disney does not issue refunds, but UT does to help their customers. They are going above and beyond for us during this crisis.

We go the 5th of August. I have been wondering what we will do with our tickets if this crisis last that long. We bought tickets from UT and have already linked them. We will be way past the 90 day policy.
I’m guessing this will have to be handled by Disney?

We purchased 3 day non refundable tickets from UT for April 19-21. They were linked to MDE as I was almost at my 30 day fast pass window. These were purchased almost a year ago.

We emailed UT and were told no refund. I spoke to someone at Disney who said they would absolutely refund us.they said to call UT and have them call Disney with me on the line. I didn’t do that but I emailed UT back and told them to call Disney and then get back to me. I got an email a few days later saying they would refund me 100%. I got it back on my credit card a few days later.

I'm waiting for a call back to confirm but yesterday I spoke with a Disney rep in Ticket Services. She told me I had two options with purchasing tickets from UT.

1) Get a digital gift card from Disney for future ticket purchase
2) Request a cash refund which would be by check, delivered in 12 weeks

I asked for confirmation because this was not her usual department They had asked her to fill in. She did not know how to complete their forms, so... once I get more information from my call back. I'll let you guys know.

I requested a refund to e-tickets already linked thru email. They stated I could get a refund, minus 5% stocking within 14 days. This was sent in a blanket email from the company. I sent back the info they requested and have not heard a peep....we will see in 14 days I guess.

Mine are e tickets and I literally just bought them March 3. I never would’ve had I known what was going to happen. I am not laid off yet, but they announced Monday we are getting cut to 4 days for the next 2 months. My finances will be very tight missing 2 days from my checks. I still could lose my job since I was the last person hired, I cannot even think of Disney right now and cannot even picture myself wanting to go later this year. 😢

I reached out to UT a few days ago about Disneyland e-tickets that I had purchased for our June trip. I hadn't linked them yet since there is no point with DL until you get there (no schedule ahead FPs). They responded today that I would be getting a 95% refund and that they would send an email confirmation when it was completed, but it might take 2 weeks or so since they are overwhelmed. I'm extremely happy with that since the e-tickets are normally non-refundable. So reach out to them if you haven't!

I reached out to UT a few days ago about Disneyland e-tickets that I had purchased for our June trip. I hadn't linked them yet since there is no point with DL until you get there (no schedule ahead FPs). They responded today that I would be getting a 95% refund and that they would send an email confirmation when it was completed, but it might take 2 weeks or so since they are overwhelmed. I'm extremely happy with that since the e-tickets are normally non-refundable. So reach out to them if you haven't!
This is so good to hear. Better to lose $50 than the whole nearly $1000. I hope I have this luck. Thanks for posting.

I also had DLR e-tickets I was planning on using at the end of May. Although I'd really like to go to DLR, if this trip doesn't happen (98% sure it won't) there is no way I'll be able to get out there before my tickets expire in January.

Does anyone know if DLR will extend the expiration date of the tickets, or should I request a refund from UT?

Does anyone know if DLR will extend the expiration date of the tickets, or should I request a refund from UT?
You might want to ask on the DLR forum for the best response. Their tickets are such a different structure, the website notes some are good through the noted validity period, others will be extended. Here's a link to the website then click on Tickets.

Enjoy your vacation!

You might want to ask on the DLR forum for the best response. Their tickets are such a different structure, the website notes some are good through the noted validity period, others will be extended. Here's a link to the website then click on Tickets.

Enjoy your vacation!
Thanks. That definitely make it look like normal tickets will expire at the date on the ticket, at least for now.

I e-mailed UT to see what they said. I also asked if I could exchange my 2019 tickets for 2020 tickets as opposed to a refund. We'll see.

Love Undercover Tourist - been using them for years. A real stand up company to deal with and very patient with people as well. I hope they stay in business forever! I also had tickets and it was no problem getting a refund minus the processing charge - but $685 back in my account at this time was critical giving what is going on and all the charging I am doing at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter