UNDERCOVER TOURIST REFUND?

That's what i was told by Disney directly. I didn't bother involving UT, just had Disney process the refund directly to a gift card because the only reason i want the refund is to get the free dining i had to book a package in August. Still waiting on confirmation from disney and the tickets to come of MDE but it's only been 4 days.
So Disney will credit to an actual gift card instead of the standard “your tickets don’t lose value paid, they’ll be on your account to apply to a purchase”?

I’d rather have a gift card for the value than just a ticket credit. The gift card could be used more ways.

So Disney will credit to an actual gift card instead of the standard “your tickets don’t lose value paid, they’ll be on your account to apply to a purchase”?

I’d rather have a gift card for the value than just a ticket credit. The gift card could be used more ways.
That's what I was told. They also said they'd mail me a check but I only wanted the refund to rebook a package so too the gift card. All that said, this was Sunday, it's now Friday and I've heard nothing from them on the 3 to 5 says quote. Not in a hurry so will wait till next week to follow up.

Follow up edit (5/25/20): this ended up not working out but i did get them refunded through UCT minus the 5%. Took about 5 weeks.

Last edited:
That's what I was told. They also said they'd mail me a check but I only wanted the refund to rebook a package so too the gift card. All that said, this was Sunday, it's now Friday and I've heard nothing from them on the 3 to 5 says quote. Not in a hurry so will wait till next week to follow up.
Thank you. If you update us when your gift card comes, I’d appreciate it. Trying to have data points while deciding what to do about our early June tickets.

Let me start by saying that UT has been very active in communicating with customers via email and posts here (that were since removed) on how they are willing to help customers during this crisis. I'm not getting into why they posts were removed, but they did offer insight and instructions on how they were were helping customers.
I am one of them, and I cancelled my May trip and have been reimbursed the full refund amount without the 5% restock fee. For reference, I'm two hours outside of NYC and directly affected by everything going on, have been on lockdown for over two weeks, county just instituted a full stay at home order, family not working for two weeks, using all vacation pay and time, and trying to get unemployement. Throwing that out there so you know that I fully understand your position as I'm in the same.

They are helping people in these instances. Including the 5% restocking fee and usual e ticket non refund. Best to contact them directly to see how they will help you.

Not true. It was true a few years ago that tickets linked to MDE were non refundable, but it's been changed well before this current crisis. You can get a refund if you're in the 90 days and the tickets had been linked to MDE. Mine were, and I still got the refund.

Ian from UT posted last Monday that they were making an exception on etickets due to the current crisis. This was the info I saved from his post:
"This changed a couple of days ago. We can issue 95% refunds on E-Tickets now. We still ask that as tickets retain their value, we all need a vacation after this and you can keep the savings that you hold onto the tickets.
If you cannot hold onto the tickets we ask that you wait to ask for a refund as we are very busy and there is no loss in value or issue if you give us a little time to get to you.
"
That post was removed off the dis, but he did post it. He also posted they were helping people with Uni tix that were promos and otherwise non refundable.

Keep in mind that Disney does not issue refunds, but UT does to help their customers. They are going above and beyond for us during this crisis.
I bought over $ 1,000 of Universal tics from UT right before they closed. I was refunded all BUT the Restocking Fee....around $ 54. Try as I might, neither UT nor Universal would reimburse me for that.

Anyone return physical tickets to Undercover Tourist? My tracking info indicates they got my tickets back on Mon but I haven't gotten any confirmation from UT. They told me it's taking longer than normal to get the refunds out because of the sheer volume but I'm wondering if they're sending out confirmation that they got the tickets back.

I am happy to report I did get my refund minus the restocking fee. I am very grateful to Undercover Tourist. We really need this money now. I wish United would do the same but no such luck, we just received a credit. When we do go to Disney next year we will purchase our tickets from them.

United canceled the first leg of our flight MLU - DFW and never emailed me. My OCD self checks our flights daily to make sure there are no changes. I called when I saw the cancellation and they gave me the option to reschedule, e credit -I was adamant and we got our flights refunded. It took about 5 business days to return to the debit card. Now, ymmv since they actually canceled a portion of our flight. I did throw out there to the CS rep. that I thought the DOT was requiring airlines to refund if the flight was canceled. I was firm but nice. I would try again. good luck

Anyone return physical tickets to Undercover Tourist? My tracking info indicates they got my tickets back on Mon but I haven't gotten any confirmation from UT. They told me it's taking longer than normal to get the refunds out because of the sheer volume but I'm wondering if they're sending out confirmation that they got the tickets back.

I sent physical tickets back in April. UCT received them on 4/30. They did tell me that I would receive an email when they processed them but I don't remember at what stage they said they would send the email (Was it when they sent the ticket to Disney? Was it when Disney refunded UCT? Was it when UCT processed the refund to my credit card? I can't remember!) I haven't received an email yet. The agent did tell me that it might take a week or so after they were delivered before they started the return process because of the volume of returns they are receiving. They told me it would take 4-6 weeks to receive my refund on my credit card because Disney was very backed up processing refunds on their end. I'll let you know if/when I receive an email from UCT.

I sent physical tickets back in April. UCT received them on 4/30. They did tell me that I would receive an email when they processed them but I don't remember at what stage they said they would send the email (Was it when they sent the ticket to Disney? Was it when Disney refunded UCT? Was it when UCT processed the refund to my credit card? I can't remember!) I haven't received an email yet. The agent did tell me that it might take a week or so after they were delivered before they started the return process because of the volume of returns they are receiving. They told me it would take 4-6 weeks to receive my refund on my credit card because Disney was very backed up processing refunds on their end. I'll let you know if/when I receive an email from UCT.

That would be great, thanks!

I posted on another thread I think, they received mine on April 3 according to my post office tracking. But no, there was no confirmation from them that they received it, which concerned me. It's a lot of money to be uncertain about.

A lot of people on that other thread (including me) received emails on April 30 that the returns were processing. It took several more days for it to show up on my credit card. I know they were more recently telling people 6 weeks to return processing.

I mailed my physical unused ticket to them and it was received on April 20th. I got an email that the refunding was complete on May 21st and my card was credited on the 22nd. That was ten days earlier than the six weeks I was told when I called to start the process. I have used them in the past for tickets and will again in the future.

I also will continue to purchase our passes thru Undercover. I was very grateful to get the refund. In the future I will probably not purchase way ahead (usually to avoid a price increase ) but keep my purchase within the 90 day return policy.

That would be great, thanks!

I received the following email today from UCT:
"Thank you for your patience!
We currently have your order on the refund list to be processed. We are processing many refunds at this time and are slightly behind schedule. We apologize for this delay and are working hard to get back up to speed quickly.
You do not need to do anything further, but we wanted to let you know that you have not lost your place in line. You will be refunded within the next two weeks.
Thank you for trusting us! We hope to see you again soon. "

They originally received my returned tickets on April 30. I should receive my refund soon!

I received the following email today from UCT:
"Thank you for your patience!
We currently have your order on the refund list to be processed. We are processing many refunds at this time and are slightly behind schedule. We apologize for this delay and are working hard to get back up to speed quickly.
You do not need to do anything further, but we wanted to let you know that you have not lost your place in line. You will be refunded within the next two weeks.
Thank you for trusting us! We hope to see you again soon. "

They originally received my returned tickets on April 30. I should receive my refund soon!

I finally got the email acknowledging that they had my tickets and were processing my refund yesterday. So it was almost a month after they were delivered to them (per the tracking number). They said that my refund will be processed sometime before 6/30.

We bought tickets through Undercover Tourist for a Disney trip in July. We are not planning to go (it is the week the parks open) but would like to keep them for a trip next year instead. Do we have to pick a date now for next year or will they just give us a credit to re-book with when we know the dates we can go?

Hi,
I purchased my tickets literally right before everything hit for our May 2 trip. I know we can change dates to future date, but my son was just laid off and my job is about ready to start lay offs and I really need the $1000 I spent on those tickets since my son cannot pay his 1/2 now. Has anyone been able to do this? I cannot think of planning a future date when I don’t know what’s in store for me.
I need 2 tickets for my adult sons who are on my DVC reservation. My husband and I already bought tickets for our Nov. trip.I am concerned about not being about to reserve a park entry Together if Disney does not open up ticket sales before the first reservations. How many days are on the tickets? I would be interested in buying them from you if they are transferable.

FYI, thought I'd share my experience with UT since I just got off the phone with them. Yesterday, I received hard tickets in the mail which I had purchased on May 29th right before UT stopped selling tickets. I was concerned that by rubbing off the gray seal in order to reveal the ticket number, that I would invalidate my 90 day refund. The UT rep told me definitively that rubbing off the gray seal AND linking the tickets to MDE does NOT invalidate your 90 day refund (BTW, I just linked my tickets on MDE with no issues). What DOES invalidate the refund status is if you or a Disney CM modifies the ticket (ie, changes dates) or if you activate the ticket by entering a park.

We bought 7 day Hopper Passes from UT, and now with no Park Hopping, will we be able to get any credit back from either UT or WDW?
My question as well. Bought (4) 8 day adult park hoppers from UT back in Feb. Also wondering about a refund of the hopping add-on if we are not permitted to hop in mid-Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts