Undercover Tourist tickets for Discovery Cove

CoachZ

Mouseketeer
Anyone ever purchase Discovery Cove tickets from UT? If so how did they work? Were you able to book your dolphin swim prior to entering the park? Looks like the UT tickets are about $65 cheaper, that's a significant savings. Just concerned about scheduling the dolphin swim.

We did, when getting our voucher from UT we had to pick the date of our visit.

To schedule the actual time slot its best to get there early for a few reasons
- everyone else does
- i like to do the dolphin swim first thing or as close to first thing as possible (after breakfast of course!) - this allows you to enjoy the rest of the day without having to watch a clock.

The tickets also include a 14 day window to visit Sea World and Aquatica (and Busch Gardens in Tampa if you get that option).
Your Discovery Cove badge is your entry to SW/Aq. If you happen to visit those before DC, then just bring your voucher and you will be issued a 14 day paper pass to SW/Aq.

We split our visit up
first day SW - used paper pas
sec day DC - got badge
3rd day SW - used badge.

Have fun!

Which pass is $65 cheaper?

Discovery Cove tickets are $260+ including the dolphin swim. While Undercover Tourist tickets are $223.89 including the dolphin swim. It's a nice discount, however you can't reserve your dolphin swim time slot prior to arriving at the park. I called UT to inquire as to how their tickets work. You can reserve your Discovery Cove date when purchasing the tickets through UT. You will have to wait until you arrive at DC and see what dolphin swim times are available. You can them fill one of those empty slots.

Discovery Cove tickets are $260+ including the dolphin swim. While Undercover Tourist tickets are $223.89 including the dolphin swim. It's a nice discount, however you can't reserve your dolphin swim time slot prior to arriving at the park. I called UT to inquire as to how their tickets work. You can reserve your Discovery Cove date when purchasing the tickets through UT. You will have to wait until you arrive at DC and see what dolphin swim times are available. You can them fill one of those empty slots.

I recall that no matter how you purchase your ticket, you are not assigned a Dolphin Swim time until you arrive at DC. I would recommend that you arrive as close to opening as possible to get an early dolphin swim time. We purchased our tickets through DC and we not assigned a swim time until we arrived in the morning. (It has been 3 years, but I believe that is how it worked. We are going next month, but not doing the dolphin swim.) If I recall correctly, the difference in UT issued tickets and DC issued tickets is how they may be handled in the event you need to reschedule. I'm not positive, but if it were me I'd check into that question. Sorry that I can't be more help. Have a great time at DC! We love it!

I recall that no matter how you purchase your ticket, you are not assigned a Dolphin Swim time until you arrive at DC. I would recommend that you arrive as close to opening as possible to get an early dolphin swim time. We purchased our tickets through DC and we not assigned a swim time until we arrived in the morning. (It has been 3 years, but I believe that is how it worked. We are going next month, but not doing the dolphin swim.) If I recall correctly, the difference in UT issued tickets and DC issued tickets is how they may be handled in the event you need to reschedule. I'm not positive, but if it were me I'd check into that question. Sorry that I can't be more help. Have a great time at DC! We love it!

Than you! Yes you are correct about the rescheduling process. The UT representative I spoke to said you can reschedule once.

The price of DC tickets changes based on time of year and day, also inventory.

ie. right now July tickets are $359-379 through DC, $338 through UT
in Oct tickets are $259 through DC, $254 through UT

YMMV

Thanks, I'm just looking for the regular package with no swim. We did that once and I really didn't think it was worth the $$(for me)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!