Undercover Tourist vs Touring Plans

luvsvacations

DIS Veteran
I am looking at HS for April 19th. UT has it as a red day and TP has it has a best park?? Any idea why such a discrepancy??

Thanks

It looks like that is the Star Wars half weekend so maybe UT is expecting many being in HS to get in the Star Wars spirit. KtP also says it’s a good day to go if that helps your decision.

duel.jpg

Undercover Tourist vs Touring Plans

Gosh - currently I have tickets for MK that day and was going to see if I could exchange it for HS. I have my mom with a wheel chair and another limited walker. Thought - going to HS on a 3 day and not have to mess with a tram in the parking lot would just be easier. TP has HS as a 3 and MK as a 4 - I guess I am just getting really confused. Any thoughts on would might be the easier day ?? Thank you

It really comes down to what rides you want to ride and what you want to see. Right now there are mostly thrill rides and shows at HS and a wider variety of rides at MK.

Easier to get into the park - maybe not as busy - which I know is only a guess....I am just having a hard time deciding. I do think my niece would enjoy HS with the shows. Would not be doing any of the coasters. I had decided on this park until I saw UT as a red day - THanks

The Runners usually would head to EPCOT and Magic Kingdom... so that may be playing into the decision. However - I agree with above poster... being star wars themed - the thought would be there is a connection, but I don't think so.

On our last trip two weeks ago, TP had one day as a high crowd level at Epcot and the other crowd calendars said the crowds at Epcot would be low that day. So, we ignored TP and went with what the other sites recommended.

It turned out that TP was right and it was a high crowd level at Epcot.

But as always, YMMV.

In the past, runners don't go toward the MK in half marathons for Star Wars weekend. AK, HS, and Epcot are the areas. The route has been different each of the 2 years and 2018 has not been announced yet. We hit HS just before opening, then Epcot after it opened. Folks could enter each park, but would be delayed a few minutes as the runners pass.

In terms of traffic, based on last year's route, the easier park to get to with less running traffic would be the Magic Kingdom.

Do people actually run through the parks ?? Sorry, I know nothing about the marathon.

Yes they do but since you are going on Thursday, there are no races that day. 5k on Friday, 10k on Saturday, and Half on Sunday. If you are just going that day, the only thing on the schedule is the Expo which is at WWoS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter