Unexpected upgrade at VGF

wdwlver

Dis Veteran DVC member
Ok so I know it happened because their inventory necessitated it but when we checked for one night at VGF before rest of our trip at the BCV’s on 8/17 we ended up in a lake view one bedroom instead of the standard studio we booked. No extra points taken and it was a nice way to kick off our trip. Has never happened in 11 years of being a DVC owner. pixiedust:

We booked a studio for cash for one night before our points reservation started at OKW. When we checked in they had put us in a one bedroom instead of a studio and we got to stay in the same one. It was several years ago. Our points reservation was for a one bedroom. That meant that they didn't have to clean a studio after we used it one night.

Last edited:
We booked a studio for cash for one night before our points reservation started at OKW. When we checked in they had put us in a one bedroom instead of a studio and we got to stay in the same one. It was several years ago.
That is awesome!

Nice! I also had an unexpected upgrade at the GF- we had a standard studio but there were no DVC rooms available. They upgraded us to a 1 bedroom club level on the hotel side- can't complain!

Two years ago, we (2 ppl) were upgraded at the BWVs, from a BW view studio to a 1 bedroom, for our 13 day trip :cloud9: It was our first DVC upgrade in almost 2 decades, and yes, I cried & hugged the CM that accompanied us to the room (btw, we've added on repeatedly since - I had forgotten how much we liked the 1 bdrms).

We had an amazing upgrade a couple of years ago. We booked a MK view studio at BLT for 10 days (for 4 people). We were told at check-in that the only MK view studio had a busted door, so they couldn't put us in there. They upgraded us to a lake view 1-bedroom. That would have been plenty, but both DH and I at there staring blankly at the CM (we were both actually thinking - what? is this real? that's amazing). So, they added free dining plan and 3 anytime use fastpasses per person/per day. Now we were frozen solid. I could genuinely only manage to say 'OK'. We still laugh about how we must have looked to the CM.

Last summer my daughter and I had the most amazing upgrade at VGF! We booked a standard studio for last night of our girls trip to celebrate her high school graduation. We were upgraded to the Walt Disney Suite!!! The room was magnificent and we had club access. Most magical Disney moment ever!!!

• Love
Reactions: cm8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!