Universal App Sharing Questions

chrpai

Earning My Ears
I'm never used the app before. I just purchased four tickets and I can see them in the wallet in my app. I can also see my four family members and how to set set spending limits and alerts.

How does it work for the other three people in my family? Do they need to setup an Universal account or do some kind of linking? Does this all happen before I go to the park or once I'm there? I haven't bought meal plans yet but I'm contemplating it. Is it all contactless through the app or will I have a bunch of cards and a lanyard?

Sorry if I'm over thinking this but when I went to Disney World with some coworkers last year we had major issues trying to get everything liked correctly so we could manage our party.

if all 4 tickets show up in your wallet, you'll use your app for every party member

if you want them to be able to use the app on their own device/phone, you'll need to share your login/password with them, so they can set up YOUR account on their phone

if the tickets are linked to your Profile/account they can't be linked to another account

the app will display the QRcode for each ticket. If you want to use the app for entry, you'll have to scroll or change through each ticket to scan them. Note that you may be asked for ID matching the names on the tickets.

you can also drop by guest services to get physical tickets. (they will require ID)
If you have a confirmation email, you could also print your tickets from the kiosks outside the parks
lanyards and pouches are for sale at the parks if you want an easier way to carry your tickets

so, to make it simple
1) you can use just your phone for everyone
2) you can set up YOUR account on other party member devices (but they'll also be able to change stuff like spending limits)
3) you can try and get physical tickets

4) you would need to ask GS to unlink tickets from your account in order to add them back onto a new account, if you want each party member to have their own account

Everything mentioned above. You can scan each members ticket for entrance from your individual app. The lanyard will allow each of you to carry a physical ticket that you can have printed at guest services. This can be done before or after you enter the parks. This may interest you if you will not all be together or you simply do not wish to scan each members ticket from your phone. Every adult will need a matching photo ID that shares the same name that’s on the ticket.

Dining in the parks is contactless and will be mobile ordered through the app and charged to the credit card you have linked in the app. You will have to order and pay for the entire family through your account. The spending limits you set are for volcano bay. When entering volcano bay, each member will scan their ticket and be given a free tapu tapu (magicband) that is linked to their ticket, which is linked to your account and credit card. They can charge throughout the day at volcano bay with their wrist band, within the spending limits that you have set. The tapu tapu is returned when you exit the park.

If you will be staying onsite at a universal hotel, you can set up charging privileges at the front desk for each member with spending limits. Each of you will be given a room key that allows for charging privileges when shopping or dining at a restaurant on city walk that is not available with mobile ordering. This is the most convenient way to allow everyone to do their own spending, as they will just scan the barcode on the room key and it will charge the credit card you put on file with the front desk. This will also allow everyone to purchase items from the gift shops / snack kiosks throughout the park that are not available with mobile ordering.

If you purchase the dining plan, you will have a dining card issued for each of you to carry and use individually.

You could have as many as 4 cards per person (ticket, ID, room key, dining card), making a lanyard the most hassle free option.

We are staying off property and we have purchased the dining plan.

Sounds like I'll get the kids lanyards so they have their ticket, id (both drive), dining card and debit cards. If they buy anything we deem reimbursable then I can just transfer money to their account.

Thanks everyone. I was hoping for more of a Disney / Cruise ship experience where they just have 1 key to the kingdom all linked to me but no big deal that it isn't.

I do have a follow up question. Does the universal dining plan quick service work with mobile ordering? I was clicking through the app looking at mobile ordering and I didn't see the UD symbols to say what was included or a way to apply the voucher.

I did not purchase the dining plan during my COVID trip with mobile ordering so I could be wrong, but I remember being asked if we had the dining plan prior to mobile ordering when we would be seated. I believe if you tell them you do, your party will be brought to the register to order just like during normal times, except without a line of other people standing behind you. I had an issue with the mobile ordering not working at thunder falls and was brought to the register to place my order and pay. This actually worked out better for me because I was able to ask them to swap the sides for my daughter that the mobile ordering did not have the option for us to do.

The app may allow you to add the dining card in your app wallet where you can mobile order and check out using that as your payment method, but I am not sure if this is possible.

As far as viewing what’s available for UD, open the app on the home screen and click dining. It defaults to fine dining restaurants but you can click on casual and quick serve tabs to have every restaurant displayed. Click on any restaurant, it will state if / which dining plans are accepted. Click where it states which dining plan is accepted or where it states that dining plans are not accepted. It will take you to a screen to view full service dining plan restaurants or quick service dining plan restaurants. Click on quick service and it will display every restaurant your dining plan is accepted. From there pick a restaurant and click on view menu and you will see UD marked next to each meal that is included in your dining plan. I’m pretty sure every meal is eligible. If the prices seem cheaper than your dining plan, add the cost of a drink to the total price. The meals are priced without a drink (some combos may include a milkshake). Your dining plan includes a drink with each meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts