Universal Christmas! Help planning

limabeanmom2003

Wilderness Lodge Memories
Staying onsite for the first time right before the Christmas holiday. Last time we were at universal was 2013 but we have never been at Christmas time! We are staying at RPR so we can use EP. I know it will be crowded but I'm hoping the EP will help us. **should I still expect waits even with EP?

What makes Christmas at UO special? What should we experience? Thanks!

Staying onsite for the first time right before the Christmas holiday. Last time we were at universal was 2013 but we have never been at Christmas time! We are staying at RPR so we can use EP. I know it will be crowded but I'm hoping the EP will help us. **should I still expect waits even with EP?

I think the weather in Orlando that time of year is wonderful...it can get cold (to us locals) but there's no humidity and generally very pleasant. Lines will be long from 12/25 until after the first of the year even with EPs. I would guess 20 minutes or so for the EP lines but the stand by lines will have waits of well over an hour. The parks and resorts are beautifully decorated w/o being too much. I think you will love a visit at Christmas time.

The Grinchmas show is very cute and I like the decorations in Seuss Landing the most.

You don’t say how mush before Christmas you’re going. In the past we noticed that the parks got busier the weekend before Christmas. EP wasn’t exactly walk on but the waits weren’t bad.

I could have written this post. We also were last at Universal in 2013. We will be spending December 16-22 there this year.

We have gone mid December the past few years and love it. The waits with EP have been short. We always enjoy watching the Mannheim Steamrollers, the Blues Brothers' Christmas show and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I think watching the Whos interact with guests in Suess Landing is one of my favorite things. They are very entertaining. We are going a week later this year & cannot wait to see the new Harry Potter Christmas stuff.

I'm jealous! We so want to go at Christmastime for the special lighting effects etc and holiday treats at WWoHP. Have fun!

I'm jealous! We so want to go at Christmastime for the special lighting effects etc and holiday treats at WWoHP. Have fun!
Oh man, they're doing special Harry Potter holiday treats too? Really need to get there!!

Thank you! I'm so excited. I have to go even if I have no one to go with and am by myself.
Don't sweat it...I usually go alone and have absolutely no problem in doing that. I like to take pictures and people watch mostly...which can be a lot of fun too.

Have fun! We booked a surprise trip for DS10 for 12/16-18 so he could see the Wizarding World all lit up. Super excited!

Anyone heard (or have a guess at) what the special HP treats are?

So fighting a butter beer craving right now. Maybe it's better that I don't know.

28 days to go. :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter