Universal Newbie-- Need advice on premium Universal hotels for family of 6

TwinMommyDec05

Earning My Ears
So forgive the ignorance, I have been reading as many threads as I can...Can do Disney planning with barely a thought but have never been to Universal (Eek! I know!)

Our family of 6 (mom, dad, DDs ages 21,18,13,13) are doing a split trip b/w Disney and Universal in June (yes, I know, that's practically tomorrow). Want to stay at a premium Universal resort to get the line passes. So looking at the Royal Pacific, two queens, and a pull-out. This is not ideal. Cramming the two 13-year-olds into a pull out seems...challenging (we all know how wonderful teens who haven't slept well can be).

I am not the first parent to travel here with 4 kids...Two rooms is a problem if they won't guarantee adjoining rooms. What am I missing? What is a better option? Any guidance is appreciated.

--mom-of-many-teen-daughters

So forgive the ignorance, I have been reading as many threads as I can...Can do Disney planning with barely a thought but have never been to Universal (Eek! I know!)

Our family of 6 (mom, dad, DDs ages 21,18,13,13) are doing a split trip b/w Disney and Universal in June (yes, I know, that's practically tomorrow). Want to stay at a premium Universal resort to get the line passes. So looking at the Royal Pacific, two queens, and a pull-out. This is not ideal. Cramming the two 13-year-olds into a pull out seems...challenging (we all know how wonderful teens who haven't slept well can be).

I am not the first parent to travel here with 4 kids...Two rooms is a problem if they won't guarantee adjoining rooms. What am I missing? What is a better option? Any guidance is appreciated.

--mom-of-many-teen-daughters

I think you'll need a suite. Two bedroom suite if you want a king and two queens. This is if you want each group of two to have a "real" bed, rather than a pullout.

Is there any reason to consider club level anywhere? Would that be more cost effective or better suited than a suite?

Is there any reason to consider club level anywhere? Would that be more cost effective or better suited than a suite?

You still want the express passes right? That means you can only look at 3 of the hotels. Portofino Bay, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific (which is what you were looking at). I don't think Club Level gives you more space, just access to the CL amenities. From what I can find, most of the single hotel rooms at USO typically only have occupancy for five maximum.

Hard Rock suites only fit 5 (and requires one rollaway). Portofino rooms, including club level, only have two beds max. Portofino Suites (and Royal Pacific Suites) have 2 bedrooms, one with a king bed, and the second with two queen beds.

How many days are you staying? You get express passes for both check in and check-out days so if you're planning on staying 3 nights, you might want to consider 1 night and one of those hotels and then 2 nights at another hotel that doesn't offer the express pass. That might make it more cost effective

I would go with the two adjoining rooms. While they won't "guarantee" it, they accommodate as best as possible & I have never not received adjoining rooms, even when the request was't made in advance. If you request with your reservation, and call early morning of check in day, your odds are pretty strong. With the age of your kids, would it be a problem if they don't pull through with adjoining?

Reactions: EmJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!