Universal Nighttime Shows

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
I saw an add that there is a night time Harry Potter show at Universal. Is this every night? Anyone know what time? Any other night time shows?

Having said that, I just looked at the hours on the day that we'll be going (Fri Aug 25) and it looks like the park closes at 7pm. I'm assuming then no night show for us. :-(

It hasn't actually started yet. It's supposed to debut this weekend.

They haven't posted the times yet. We're going to try to check it out next week. I would assume no show if the park is closing at 7 as it will still be light outside.

We went to one of the AP sneak previews on the 18th and it's a really well done show, but short. I don't know how it will work for regular days, but they did three showings that night.

We went to one of the AP sneak previews on the 18th and it's a really well done show, but short. I don't know how it will work for regular days, but they did three showings that night.

Thanks for the feedback. Great that they had multiple shows a night. What time was the earliest show?

Thanks for letting me know. Based on the park hours that last week in August, the show probably won't still be running. It sounds is neat (even if short) for those that can catch it.

Anyone have any updates on the nighttime show? The Universal website seems to have very little information. What times do the shows run? Where is the best place to watch the show from? Is it something we need to camp out and hold a spot for?

9:05 p.m., 9:20 p.m., 9:40 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. On very busy days they add a 8:45 show. You don't want to be too close to the Castle - near the stage is good. People do start camping out pretty early for the first show but if you wait for the 10:00 you can wander in as everyone is leaving after the 9:40. Frankly, if you don't like your spot, you watch the show again in 15 minutes from a different place.

The show is only 6 minutes long and you can see it from anywhere in HP, but in front of the castle is best to hear the narration. Friday night we saw all four shows, two from the patio of the Leaky Cauldron while eating dinner, one from right in front of Hippogriff and the last one while in line for Hippogriff. It was cool to see it from all different angles but the head-on viewing was best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts