Universal or IOA- if you had one day in January

Univeral or IOA for one day in January

• Universal

• IOA

• Neither - Don't bother

Results are only viewable after voting.

lillykat

DIS Veteran
my boyfriend and I are going to be at wdw in January for 8 days. We were contemplating possibly going to Universal or IOA for one day. If you had to chose one for the day in January which one would you chose and why? Will IOA be too cold since it looks like it is basically almost all water rides?

the only wet rides are:
One Fish, Two Fish, but only if you can not follow directions.
The Talking Fountain, but only if you get to close.
Jurrasic Park River Adventure, wet in front two rows and the sides
Dudley Do-Right Ripsaw Falls,
Bilge Rat Ride, prepare to be soaked.

There are plenty of dry rides in IOA, great places to eat, (MYTHOS), great theming and just a fun overall experience:smooth:

It depends on what you like. I LOVED the coasters in IOA and there's nothing better than Spiderman! The theming throughout the park is wonderful. You just get a little wet on Jurrasic Park River ride. Bluto and Ripsaw will get you wet, but there are plenty other things to do. Go for it.
I agree with MIB99999 on having lunch at Mythos. It's great!

We went to Florida last January and went to both parks. Every single attraction had a horrendous wait, and they weren't even that great! But, we were blown away by IOA. In fact, we are going to Florida again this January and have already slotted our day at IOA. Can't wait!! :bounce: :smooth: :pinkbounc :jester:

Kim :D

"Basically all Water rides"??? What??? :confused:

IOA is sooooo much more than that! :bounce:

I voted IOA because it's an experience! Go and enjoy!
:D

Are you sure you can't take two days and do both? I love Disney - but if it's just the two of you - eight days might be a little much for just the Disney parks - especially in Jan. Crowds are low so you'll be able to fit lots in in a short time. We spent 4 days at Disney and 2 at Universal/IOA - we were glad we did both!
Have a great time!

That was what I thought b/c I have been to disney before but not since 93. But my boyfriend has never been there - so since this is his first time he wants to take it all in and relax - maybe not do something every day- or one park morning- another later in the afternoon - and take the lunchtime off. If I can convince him to do one that will be alot. Plus this is my break from law school so I NEED this to be a relaxing time! :D

I guess the results so far say it all! I say definitely IOA. If you're concerned about walking around wet all day, do what we did...save all the water rides for last. Well, that WAS our plan but we just couldn't pass by Spidey and Hulk without taking another ride on the way out. ;)

We are coming over from the UK in November. We were very disappointed with Universal in Calif. last year so having read these threads we'll go to IOA it sounds like great fun. :bounce: :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter