Universal Orlando Reopened June 5th! CityWalk Reopened on May 14th

atricks

DIS Veteran
Update: Parks are reopening on June 5th, see https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/terms-of-service/operations-update for more

Original post:

Note from your moderator
Extremely helpful info and links :

from http://www.insideuniversal.net/2020/03/updates-on-coronavirus-and-universal-parks-resorts/

Universal Orlando Resort will temporarily close its theme parks effective at the close of the business day on Sunday, March 15. The Resort anticipates to remain closed through the end of March – but will continue to evaluate the situation.

Universal Orlando’s hotels and Universal CityWalk will remain open.

From Universal Orlando:

“We have created flexible programs for those guests who have booked travel packages or tickets with us. Guests can call this number for more information: 877-801-9720. A core group of team members will continue to work on site. Hourly team members will be paid for any work scheduled through the end of March.”

Universal Studios Hollywood will close to the public beginning Saturday, March 14 and is scheduled to reopen March 28. Universal CityWalk Hollywood will remain open at this time.

Universal Studios Japan has been closed as a preventive measure. Recently, they extended the closure of the park to Sunday, March 22, 2020, and will reassess the situation if another extension of the closure is needed.

Last edited:
Wonder if they are going to extend Annual Passes the amount of time they are closed... Hoping the world situation will be better by summer.. Extending AP would get us past the blackout dates in August.

They have extended the tickets/ap’s before.
We need to wait and see how UO will extend them.
Once they reopen, they will share with the public what has been done and how they will proceed.

Priority for all theme parks right now is to deal with the cancellations and rescheduling for reservations besides a thorough cleaning of all their properties.
UO, Disney, etc

Does anyone really think the situation will be better by the end of the month?

I really hope there's no extension of the closure that wipes out my trip at the end of April, but I don't see us being over the hump in 2 weeks.

I watched the special report which was about one hour long and get the feeling it’s not going to be a quick fix in two weeks.

Statements raised during this special broadcast varied between 7-11 weeks for a better outcome.

But if parks reopen April 1, many will be happy.

When I read, restrictions have been lifted, and the parks are open, I would not have hesitations to go to Orlando.

Wonder if they are going to extend Annual Passes the amount of time they are closed... Hoping the world situation will be better by summer.. Extending AP would get us past the blackout dates in August.

I just read on the website that annual
Passes will be extended the same amount as the parks are closed.

I don't like the policy I just purchased an annual pass for my wife a couple weeks ago for our vacation in two weeks. With the virus cancelling our trip we would prefer not to go until EU opens now because of our finances and market crash...but if I can't get our money back they are basically forcing us to take a trip in the Fall when my pass expires. Not everybody is rich and I feel they should have more lenient options.

I haven't even called yet I got a good rate on a hotel by Seaworld that said no cancellations allowed and same thing for cheap flights we purchased.

I don't like the policy I just purchased an annual pass for my wife a couple weeks ago for our vacation in two weeks. With the virus cancelling our trip we would prefer not to go until EU opens now because of our finances and market crash...but if I can't get our money back they are basically forcing us to take a trip in the Fall when my pass expires. Not everybody is rich and I feel they should have more lenient options.

I haven't even called yet I got a good rate on a hotel by Seaworld that said no cancellations allowed and same thing for cheap flights we purchased.
If you haven't yet used the annual pass I don't think Universal would give you a problem refunding it. They are normally good about working with their customers

Call Universal
They will listen and work with you.

Each situation is different and they realize that.

Since you haven't activated your wife's AP, it will not go into effect until it is used for the first time. You can save it for when you go next time.

I can save it for 5 years when EU is open and we are ready to go back???

I don't believe there are any deadlines. However, it will probably only allow you to use it at the two parks and you may have to pay a surcharge for EU. I would contact Universal.

When the new park is opened and you still have the voucher for the 2 day parks, guest services is who you talk to in working out the process to update that unused ap to be valid

Id agree that closing till the end of the month is pretty optimistic, Im thinking mid April early May is best case. Hope I am wrong.

As other stated contact Universal. I had two Annual passes that I purchased on Flexpay. I contacted them two weeks ago as I was canceling the trip because of the COVID-19. I just asked them what options I had since I was not sure when I would get back. They just refunded me the full amount - I did not even request that - they never do this with Flex pay, so as long as your passes are not active I dont think you will have an issue.

Same for the hotel - I'd be surprised if they gave you any hassle.

No company wants bad press around this, except maybe United Airlines.

Extended until April 19th

• All Team Members will continue to be paid for scheduled hours through the end of March as previously communicated.
  • For the period April 1 – 19, non-exempt and hourly full-time (regular) and part-time (casual) Team Members will be paid based on their average weekly hours for the four weeks prior to closure.
  • Salaried Team Members will continue to be paid at their current rate.

I live close to the parks, so I attempted to jog/walk over there today. The hotel walkways are blocked off like this:
However you can still walk along the street sidewalks.
View attachment 483872
View of empty Citywalk from the bridge on Hollywood Way:
View attachment 483873

Sad pictures.

A friend sent me pictures of Universal Boulevard at the convention centre where they have blocked off and I believe it looks like they’ve set up a testing place???

Big white tents were set up there........

Hope you’re doing ok over there......:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter