Universal Orlando Reopened June 5th! CityWalk Reopened on May 14th

We are here now, and today was definitely more crowded than we expected but manageable. It got crowded as the day wore on.

Hogwart's Express was about 25 min around 11:30-12, walked on MiB two times in a row, then did Simpsons with a 10-15 min wait, this was around 2. I did feel like people were everywhere though.

The only virtual queue we did was Hagrid's at 9:05. I kept having problems with the app all day and it was annoying, so i stopped messing with it.

I wasn't there today, but folks that were said it was by far the busiest day since reopening, and the studios quit letting in people for a while (Based on the new lower capacity number) And Volcano Bay was slammed and also closed to capacity. Aquatica also hit capacity.

Really odd since this past Monday/Tuesday it was super dead.

Doesn't surprise me. Wouldn't be surprised if there were a ton of locals. Last weekend had combination of first weekend plus really bad weather projections which kept people away. While today was hot, there wasn't much rain in the forecast, so a lot of people went out. They saw the news about how quiet the parks again, and probably read about reactions of the precautions they're taking

I wasn't there today, but folks that were said it was by far the busiest day since reopening, and the studios quit letting in people for a while (Based on the new lower capacity number) And Volcano Bay was slammed and also closed to capacity. Aquatica also hit capacity.

It's a Saturday with good weather.

It definitely was the busiest day so far according to reports but wait times still seemed fairly good and in some cases better than the first AP preview day. In any event they are way less than they would be if the park was operating as normal this time of year.

In any event regarding crowds, I’m dropping my Cabana Bay booking and sticking with my RPR booking. I feel the parks will be fairly dead June 29-July 1 and pick up on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th(which is why we are keeping RPR). We will be at volcano bay on July 2. We have a cabana rental but I think crowds will be okay on that Thursday.

If they extend hours that would be great but I’m not counting on it.

Last edited:

Oh and I haven’t seen it posted on the boards yet, but the Bourne Stuntacular soft opened today. Looking forward to seeing it in July.

Yes, they were having TM previews according to Twitter sites.

I`m not thrilled with the theme, but will give it a go.

Rix Flix has a video on YouTube of que, preshow, and how they were seating the audience for Tech Rehersal soft opening. Then he and his wife gave their review after the performance.

Yes, they were having TM previews according to Twitter sites.

I`m not thrilled with the theme, but will give it a go.
Yup - but they did open it to the general public - although that "general public" looked mostly like vloggers to me - I recognized more than one in the background of the videos I watched.

Agree - not too thrilled with it - but it has to be better than the fast and furious attraction...

Yup - but they did open it to the general public - although that "general public" looked mostly like vloggers to me - I recognized more than one in the background of the videos I watched.

Agree - not too thrilled with it - but it has to be better than the fast and furious attraction...

Yes, I knew they had opened to the public and I agree it sounded like a lot of vloggers. I never watch vloggers as I prefer the written word for reviews.....but comments on Twitter would agree with you.

I`m not a fan of the Terminator films either, and used that show as a snooze opportunity....really, I did. I don't like the Bourne movies, but Tom does, so we`ll definitely see it I`m sure.

And oh my goodness yes, it`s got to be better than F&F!!!!

Bourne is running today, and it's now on the App.

Ok So I went out there around 1:30, they weren't doing any shows on any regular schedule, but I was by it when they started lining up for a ~2PM show (or a little after 2PM==edit it was 2:40pm we just lined up around 2). The screen and props are flat amazing, it's hard to tell at times when it is real or not. The show had a glitch toward the end and they had to stop it (there was a ton of management in the back watching) But it took a while to get through, the preshow room was half filled but the theater held more than the preshow room could (with distancing) so they walked some right from the indoor queue straight into the theater.

Show is legitimately good, lots of detail to take in and stunts were good, flow and lineup was pretty amazing. i'll have to go back to see if I can get through a whole show. (It died during the Dubai helicopter sequence) The weakest part was the plot itself, but the execution of the show was so well done I forgot about it. Visually stunning is the best way to put it. If you go to the park DO NOT MISS this.

The show was much better than what I expected originally. Precision accuracy in sets, action, and film, lots more live action than Terminator had, no 3D Glasses, but add in Broadway style moving sets and you got this show.

Last edited:
Anyone know if Krusty Burger is open as that is our favorite place to eat there? Thank you.

Anyone know if Krusty Burger is open as that is our favorite place to eat there? Thank you.
It is, and if you can get there at 11 when they open there isn't a wait. From what we could see over the last week, any time other than that the line is out the door.

We ate there Wednesday at 11 with no wait

I got to see Bourne this weekend. It's a fun show. I love Broadway, and it definitely compares with that experience. Great sets, screen, live actors, and special effect combinations. The storyline is a bit loose, but it's definitely a fun way to get out of the heat and sit a spell.

I just read that Universal is laying off an unspecified number of team members from parks and resorts division, and that like 7000 Disney cast members signed a petition not to open as planned. With the number of virus cases continuing to rise, might closures actually be a possibility again? Just looking for opinions, I know no one has a crystal ball.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter