Universal studios 1 day plan. Ideas?

michael85

Mouseketeer
We are doing magic kingdom and Epcot on our 3 day trip, and will round out our trip going to universal. Any ideas for a practical 1 day universal plan that gets us done by 4,430 to go back to our hotel to relax and wait for our Disney magical express.

Ideas?

Thanks!

What time of year? Are you only doing one park? Can't you swap one of your Disney days so you're on that side of town already vs trying to rush back from Universal?

June 10th is our universal day. Only universal. Uber to and from. Says only like 15-20 min each way.

Aim to be exiting your Uber at Universal an hour before opening to allow all the different walking and line times. Have your ticket already purchased to save time and $.
Make your must ride/ see list and do them first.
Will you have Express Passes? What are your must dos? Kids in the group? Just trying to help but more info needed.

no express pass, i heard you have to pay :/ no kids. we wanna do terminator, simpsons, harry potter ride (not the train) and a few others

I was just there. If you do single rider lines you will most likely be able to hit all the rides you want. That is really the key if you get there early

If you start on the right as soon as you walk in the park you can hit Terminator, ET, Simpsons, Men in Black (which is super fun) and then Harry Potter. The advice for single rider is good and would be the key to finishing prob every ride in Universal. Food at Simpsons is pretty good and probably the best you can get in Studios next to the pizza and Leaky Cauldron though the line can be long at lunch time but not terrible. The Mummy ride is also a must.

June 10th...be prepared for a busy day. Most schools are out & that's a Saturday.

Are you only going to Universal Studios or are you trying to hit rides in both parks?

Do you have a complete list of all of your "must dos"?

Would your group be willing to split up in the single rider lines, or prefer to stay together?

Do you plan to do any shopping? Shows (besides Terminator)? What kind of place did you have in mind for lunch?

June 10th...be prepared for a busy day. Most schools are out & that's a Saturday.

Are you only going to Universal Studios or are you trying to hit rides in both parks?

Do you have a complete list of all of your "must dos"?

Would your group be willing to split up in the single rider lines, or prefer to stay together?

Do you plan to do any shopping? Shows (besides Terminator)? What kind of place did you have in mind for lunch?

yes, only universal studios that day. have to be back at pop century hotel by about 6pm. yes, must do's are

despicable me ride
ET ride
fear factor live
harry potter escape
kang and kodos
shrek 4d
terminator
simpsons ride
transformers ride
maybe fallon ride (heard its bad lol)

just me and my wife

not really any shopping, lunch anywhere for a quick bite i guess

Quick bite places in Studios:
Mel's drive in (fun 50s style diner with classic cars out front...food is generic burgers/chicken/fries...hand-dipped milkshakes are great)
Monster Cafe (old school monster movie theme...I don't remember any of the food there except a rotissere chicken platter...allergies in my family, so we skip some places)
Leaky Cauldron (great decor, if you are into HP...food is decent/QS park food, menu is more English pub-style...bangers and mash/toad in the hole/etc)
Simpsons (all under one roof and one line that goes past all choices...Krusty burgers, Cleetus's chicken, Lisa's salads, etc) Pricier than other QS places, it gets VERY busy, so I would go at an "off-time" if you want to eat there.
Bumblebee Man Taco Truck (haven't eaten there, haven't heard very good reviews, and the allergies have kept us away)

Maybe more, but I'm going off the top of my head.

Without EP (since you said you wouldn't have it) I would go on Despicable Me first (it can have one of the longest lines), check if you can get a call-back time for Fallon, then I'd go to Gringott's Escape ride. After that, I'd do Shrek (it can get long lines as well. Check the map or swing by Terminator to see what time that show is running (it can be fairly long though with all the pre-show rooms & then the full show...to each their own, but I prefer the Monster Make-Up show :D )

Fear Factor also has set show times, so that will be a factor in when to be over there.

IMO, you could add in the Simpsons, ET, Transformers, Kang & Kodos in wherever they fit best in your day.

Not sure without EP you can do all these before 4:30 on a busy Saturday, so IMO do the most important ones first, and use the Single Rider lines when available.

If you can, I know a lot of people make good use out of some App that shows wait times for rides, to help them do things at the right time.

Sorry I don't know anything more about it...I'm old fashioned and don't even own a cell phone.

Eat around 11 to avoid wasting time in line later. Bumble Bee Man tacos were good. Lots to choose from in the Simpsons food court. I wouldn't go to a sit down restaurant. Leaky Cauldron is probably our favorite; if you're HP fans, make that a priority.
Budget at least 1 solid hour to look around Diagon and Knockturn Alleys.
Agree, Minions 1st. Gringotts second. Use the wait time app, for sure!!
Don't t skip the Mummy- it should be on your must do list.
Your list is ok. Agree Shrekwill eat a lot of time as will Fear Factor so put those on the potential chopping block.
Again, be pulling up to Universal an hour before opening with tickets in hand. If you can travel light (no bag) you'll save time not having to use lockers (though most of your rides are tame and don't require them).

We're planning our trip and we're looking at the first week in October for our Universal trip. Is it possible to do both parks in one day? Harry Potter is the main attraction for us and possibly some of the other rides like the Mummy and the Simpsons but do you think it's doable in a day? There is just two of us and we'd be avoiding the "bigger" rides.

If you go on Thur or fri start with the studios
This park closes at 5 for hhn

Move over to ioa before 5 to finish your darkside visit as that park will stay open later than 5

If you go on Thur or fri start with the studios
This park closes at 5 for hhn

Move over to ioa before 5 to finish your darkside visit as that park will stay open later than 5

We want to go on Monday, we checked the website and it doesn't have the horror night on that day so we thought it would be a good choice. I'm hoping we can do it in one day because there are a few things we really want to do (Harry Potter) and the rest we don't really mind if we miss or not.

Monday, first week of October would be an excellent day to do both Parks, even without Express. Lots of great advice here on the forums. Start with whatever park does not have Early Entry for on site guests and get there before park opening. Start with Harry Potter and end with Harry Potter. Make a list of must dos and enjoy! I like to use Touring Plans and get the subscription that includes US/IOA. I also purchase the Unofficial Guide to (I think it's called) "The Other Orlando" for non WDW parks. They have a great one day touring plan for both parks.

Monday, first week of October would be an excellent day to do both Parks, even without Express. Lots of great advice here on the forums. Start with whatever park does not have Early Entry for on site guests and get there before park opening. Start with Harry Potter and end with Harry Potter. Make a list of must dos and enjoy! I like to use Touring Plans and get the subscription that includes US/IOA. I also purchase the Unofficial Guide to (I think it's called) "The Other Orlando" for non WDW parks. They have a great one day touring plan for both parks.

Thanks for the advice! We thought about heading straight to Diagon Alley and doing Escape From Gringotts and then catching the Hogwarts express to Hogsmeade and doing Forbidden Journey and Flight of the Hippogriff. That way we can get the rides done first and look around the scenery after, do you think that's a good idea? We just thought at least we'd get the rides we really want to do done first or do you have a suggestion of how to make it work better?

Thanks for the advice! We thought about heading straight to Diagon Alley and doing Escape From Gringotts and then catching the Hogwarts express to Hogsmeade and doing Forbidden Journey and Flight of the Hippogriff. That way we can get the rides done first and look around the scenery after, do you think that's a good idea? We just thought at least we'd get the rides we really want to do done first or do you have a suggestion of how to make it work better?

If US is the Early Entry Park, do this backwards starting with Hogsmeade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter