Universal Trip

Tom Duncin

Earning My Ears
We just got back from Disney and U.S. 9-23-01 to 9-29-01. This time we wanted to save some $ so we stayed at All Star Music. We had 1 day left on previous park hopper tickets and several water park entrys left so we went to the Magic Kingdom on Monday (E.E). We had no lines on every ride. We left at noon and went over to MGM, same thing here, NO LINES...On Tues. went to Typhoon Lagoon and had a great time.
On Wednesday we left Disney and went to the Radisson Universal (using the Dreams 2001 rate of $20.00/night.407-351-1000) I thought we would get bad rooms. We arrived early and they still let us check in at noon,we had rooms on the 8th floor,both rooms had great views of Universal. The rooms were very nice and LARGE.
We decided to go to U.S after we unpacked. My wife and daughter did not like U.S much, I have to admit I was a little disapointed too. The park seemed Old, Twister was a let down, Jaws was not much better. MIB was very good... Back to the Future was very mooovvviiinnnggg (DONT RIDE IF MOTION SICKNESS IS A PROBLEM)even I got a little nausiated on this.
King Kong was boring(sorry K.K fans).E.T was kinda fun
The Alfred Hitchcock show was tolerable.The Animal Planet live show was o.k. My 11 yoa daughter wanted to see Slime Time so we did the behind the scenes tour,she loved it..If you want to be on the live show you have to show up around 1pm for reservations,taping at 4pm.
On Thurs. we went to IOA. We loved it....
We did not have to wait more than 10 min. for any ride.
my wife and daughter loved Dr Seuss and rides...
We did Poseidons Fury(for those with small children very dark,very loud ) it was tolerable,kinda boring.
Did not see Sinbad.
Dueling Dragons Was very fast,very good.
The Flying Unicorn is not worth a wait over 10 min.Unless your small children want to ride a coaster.
We all went on Jurassic park river adventure. Very good...
The Pteranodon Flyers you have to have a small child with you to ride,1 child 1 adult. it looked nice but we would have had to line up three times with my daughter to go on it, we didnt...
The Triceratops Encounter was ok,only see this if there is no line or you are forced to by your children.
In Toon Lagoon we rode Ripe Saw Falls, Very Wet, but good.
The Bilg Rat Barges same as above....
In Marvel Island we rode SPIDERMAN, THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST RIDES I HAVE EVER BEEN ON, ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!
We rode it 3 times in a row, this is very good for any age.
Everone will love it........
My daughter and I rode the Hulk,Very good Very Fast.
Doctor Doom was also very fun but very short.
On Friday we repeated IOA. Had a wonderful time.....

:D Tom....

if you repeated IOA what do you do the second time there that you did not do the first??? Or did you just do all the really great ones again???:bounce:

We rode all the good rides agian and again and again...Plus we looked around more. We took our time ...thanks.

second day is always the best. glad you had a great time:bounce:

hi,

i'm curious about your disappointment in US. Was it in comparison to WDW? Or overall to IOA? we're going in april, and i'm dividing the trip into 2, changing hotels closer to US and planning 2 to 3 days at US. i may reconsider if it's really bad. more days at WDW. i've been to US in Ca., so i'm famililiar with most of the attractions you mentioned.

any further input would be appreciated. could you elaborate on that radisson $20. night rate. i'm going in 2002, so it probably won't resurface for then.

thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter