Universal with a cast

GoofyDad_4427

Mouseketeer
My 14 year old suffered an injury and currently has a cast that goes from his right wrist up over his elbow. We visit the sports medicine orthopedic tomorrow and will get a decision whether he remains in a cast or gets surgery. If surgery is required, we probably skip Universal on our trip coming up next week. If he stays in a cast, i am wondering what, if anything, he would be able to ride. We would obviously skip all the water rides. Does anyone have experience they can share with doing Universal with a cast?

My son broke his wrist a month before our trip, which was last December. I was surprised that he could go on almost every ride. According to this -https://www.universalorlando.com/webdata/k2/en/us/files/Documents/universal-orlando-riders-guide.pdf, the only ride that specifically says no casts is The Incredible Hulk. On page 13, it states "Casts must fit comfortably in the ride vehicle and not interfere with proper functioning of the ride restraint. Please see an Attractions Attendant for assistance. Guests with arm or leg casts will not be allowed to ride The Incredible Hulk Coaster®."

I thought there was one other ride that said no casts when I looked last year, but this appears to have been updated 6/2020, so possibly something changed. He was 10 at the time, and he did great!

Thanks JackieT1182 for the info. He will be very disappointed as the Hulk is his favorite ride by a lot, but it is what it is.

My daughter broke her arm and she was casted from wrist up past elbow and she was able to ride everything including the hulk. We even bought the picture of her riding RRR coaster. She was 9 at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!