Unlimited dining question

Atilley

Mouseketeer
My husband and I just scheduled our first RC cruise on Independence of the Seas for August this year. Since we are going without the kids, husband wants to get the unlimited dining package. I have a questions though. My understanding is that the a la cart places like playmakers and izumi you are given a certain limit on how much is covered and anything over you still need to cover. Is the amount given just for that restaurant per day? Or overall per day? So say the limit is $30 and we do playmakers for lunch and Izumi for dinner. Is it $30 for playmakers and $30 for Izumi? Or is it only $30 for the two combined? I’m just trying to figure it all out for planning purposes.

My understanding is that you get a $35 credit per person, per seating. So if you go to Izumi for dinner you can get $35 worth of food, then go to Playmakers for second dinner and get $35 worth of food.

My understanding is that you get a $35 credit per person, per seating. So if you go to Izumi for dinner you can get $35 worth of food, then go to Playmakers for second dinner and get $35 worth of food.
Thank you. That was my understanding also.

My husband and I just scheduled our first RC cruise on Independence of the Seas for August this year. Since we are going without the kids, husband wants to get the unlimited dining package. I have a questions though. My understanding is that the a la cart places like playmakers and izumi you are given a certain limit on how much is covered and anything over you still need to cover. Is the amount given just for that restaurant per day? Or overall per day? So say the limit is $30 and we do playmakers for lunch and Izumi for dinner. Is it $30 for playmakers and $30 for Izumi? Or is it only $30 for the two combined? I’m just trying to figure it all out for planning purposes.
Hi Atilley,

Congrats on your first RC Cruise!

Regarding the Unlimited Dining Package for your cruise.
You'll receive $35/pp towards a meal at Fish and Ships, $20/pp for Playmakers per meal. So if you do fish and ships for lunch on a sea day and dinner on the same day you would get $35/pp each meal.
You'll be able to eat at Izumi, which has a prix fixe menu, for a $10/pp up-charge that will be billed to you when you eat there.
Chops, Giovanni’s Table, and Johnny Rockets are included no charge.
You also have access to all complimentary venues (Main dining room, Windjammer, Sorrento's, etc..)

Chef's Table, Wine Paring meals, Mystery Dinner Theater Meals are not included.

Any restaurant you eat at that has up-charge items (Seafood tower at chops for example) will not include up-charge items. You will have to pay for them at the menu price.

Also, in theory based on the wording of the dining plan, you could eat at Chops for dinner and then go to Playmakers for second dinner, but your mileage may vary.

You get dinners every night and lunch on sea days included. Royal will book you a courtesy reservation for your first night, and you won't be able to book restaurants before your cruise. However, when you board the ship you can go to any specialty restaurant or they will likely have a table in the promenade where you can go and make all your reservations for the entire cruise. If you do this when you board you will very likely be able to get your restaurant and time of choice for every day.

Hope that helps and have a great cruise!

You get dinners every night and lunch on sea days included. Royal will book you a courtesy reservation for your first night, and you won't be able to book restaurants before your cruise. However, when you board the ship you can go to any specialty restaurant or they will likely have a table in the promenade where you can go and make all your reservations for the entire cruise. If you do this when you board you will very likely be able to get your restaurant and time of choice for every day.

All excellent tips!

Just as a quick note on this...You can get lunch on any day that the restaurants are open, not just sea days. For example, I don't get off the ship in Nassau anymore, Playmakers and Johnny Rockets are open for lunch on port days. I can eat lunch at either of these and then dinner at any of the specialty restaurants. However, as mentioned, specialty restaurants such as Giovanni's Table & Chops will not be open for lunch on port days, only on sea days.

All excellent tips!

Just as a quick note on this...You can get lunch on any day that the restaurants are open, not just sea days. For example, I don't get off the ship in Nassau anymore, Playmakers and Johnny Rockets are open for lunch on port days. I can eat lunch at either of these and then dinner at any of the specialty restaurants. However, as mentioned, specialty restaurants such as Giovanni's Table & Chops will not be open for lunch on port days, only on sea days.
Ah great point regarding lunch!

I am new to this also how much does this cost for a 7 day cruise and is it worth it? If you eat in the main dining room do you eat with other families? ( It will be just my husband and I) Thank you

I am new to this also how much does this cost for a 7 day cruise and is it worth it? If you eat in the main dining room do you eat with other families? ( It will be just my husband and I) Thank you

It varies depending on the cruise and whether or not you can catch a sale, but usually $26-$29 per person/per day.

In the main dining room, you can choose to sit by yourself or with others at a large table. If you choose to sit alone, My Time Dining is the way to go. If you don't mind sitting with others, either one of the set dining times will work.

As to whether it is worth it or not, it all depends. The food in the main dining room is good and there is no NEED to pay for the additional dining plan. We have cruised many times and sometimes the menus can become redundant so we choose the specialty dining plan, but not every cruise, we still enjoy the MDR as well. Usually my deciding factor is whether or not I can catch it on sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!