Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

:wave:

Sickness has been running rampant in my house. Both my husband and I got struck by a stomach bug this week.

It was 70 here in NC and then the temperature took a nose dive. I spent yesterday helping my daughter and her Girl Scout troop do a cookie booth. We were out in the cold rain (we did have umbrellas and a canopy to protect the cookies) for 3 hours. It was miserable but they sold a ton of cookies!

Sickness has been running rampant in my house. Both my husband and I got struck by a stomach bug this week.

It was 70 here in NC and then the temperature took a nose dive. I spent yesterday helping my daughter and her Girl Scout troop do a cookie booth. We were out in the cold rain (we did have umbrellas and a canopy to protect the cookies) for 3 hours. It was miserable but they sold a ton of cookies!

The question is "which cookies were the best seller?". :)

Great job on the sales, @Eoywin !! ALL of the ones you mentioned are my FAVORITE flavors!!! LOL. Wish I were kidding. Glad you and hubby are feeling better - I had a GI illness couple of weeks ago, but SO FAR (knocking on wood REALLY loudly!!!) have managed to avoid the flu/respiratory stuff that has been running rampant through my apartment building. Got my flu shot, do frequent handwashing, and started taking an "Immune Boost" vitamin mix on top of my multivitamins last fall. So far, so good.

I spent yesterday helping my daughter and her Girl Scout troop do a cookie booth. We were out in the cold rain (we did have umbrellas and a canopy to protect the cookies) for 3 hours. It was miserable but they sold a ton of cookies!
If you were near us...we would had bought some.

Thin mints are always the best seller, followed by Peanut Butter Patties and Caramel Delights (also know as Tagalogs and Samoas)
My favorites and x years ago were my best sales.

I wish that the scouts got more per box....back when I sold33 cents per box when it was 1.75- 2.25 price range. It was fun when my mom was also a cookiemom plus where area scouts came to pick up... stacks of the huge boxes of boxes...almost like a fort in one of our bedrooms.

My internet went out on Sunday. We JUST got it back around 10 am on Monday. So nearly a day and a half. UGH It was like living in 2002!

If you were near us...we would had bought some.

My favorites and x years ago were my best sales.

I wish that the scouts got more per box....back when I sold33 cents per box when it was 1.75- 2.25 price range. It was fun when my mom was also a cookiemom plus where area scouts came to pick up... stacks of the huge boxes of boxes...almost like a fort in one of our bedrooms.

Awww My dad (registered girl scout too) was the town cookie person and did my troop and older sister's troops cookies. We would spend a day during February vacation helping to carry the cookies into the Parish House (our town church let us use the Parish House) and separating out the troops and then each girl's cookies. It now seems like they don't go around the neighborhood to sell the cookies. In 2005-06 year I was co-leader for a brownie troop in VA and they mostly sold the cookies standing outside stores etc. I believe the cookies were at 2.00 when I started selling. Now not all cookies are the same price and their are two different plants that produce cookies. (hence the different names.)

Some girls still go around their neighborhoods selling cookies. Our neighborhood sucks so we don't go around.

Our cookies have been $4 a box since we started 3 years ago. I wish we got more money per box too, but sadly money has to go to the baker and the council

Yeah, saw this, hoping it doesn't happen to me this fall. I wanna sight see, but this is one sight I don't WANNA see! :sail:

I'm sure it will be fine. Last year while on the Celebrity Silhouette, I attended their propulsion presentation. The Silhouette has Azipods (not on the NCL Epic) and made wonder if the docking would have been without damage.

I started to ask some technical engineering questions and my fellow cruisers politely told me to save them for "after the class". :ssst:

Yeah, saw this, hoping it doesn't happen to me this fall. I wanna sight see, but this is one sight I don't WANNA see! :sail:

She apparently just broke again this afternoon and is not stopping in the Bahamas and heading directly back to port, but now with a 100% refund (yesterday was 50%). I presume that doesn't include hotels/transportation/etc. This will be very interesting to watch and am past my CruiseNext deposit window so I can't get a refund.

Now, what is another potential twist, the moorings she broke in PR, were built to accommodate the larger Royal Caribbean ships (and the like). I hope those larger ships can still dock in an alternate dock in PR. I see a big bill for NCL.

Not looking good for NCL Epic. En route to Freeport and then to Port Canaveral. Passengers apparently told they can debark tomorrow night or Sunday AM. Next cruise group's itinerary changed dramatically given the propulsion limitations.

My takeaway.....ALWAYS purchase travel insurance regardless of cruise line!

::yes::::yes::::yes::

I know they talked about cruise insurance on a Dreams show not that long ago. To me, it only makes sense - your'e spending SO much money on the cruise, the insurance is a TINY portion compared to that!! And I also personally go for the "cancel for any reason" insurance as well.

::yes::::yes::::yes::

I know they talked about cruise insurance on a Dreams show not that long ago. To me, it only makes sense - your'e spending SO much money on the cruise, the insurance is a TINY portion compared to that!! And I also personally go for the "cancel for any reason" insurance as well.

Great for you! I am taking a short break from cruising, although I love the Caribbean, for awhile.

Recently watched the movie Green Book and am going to do a similar "historic tour" in a few weeks.

I finally figured out how to turn off the signature banners, I found it has made it easier to read long threads where the same people are going back and forth and you feel like you are doing a lot of scrolling. For me, this is better, at least for awhile.

Not looking good for NCL Epic. En route to Freeport and then to Port Canaveral. Passengers apparently told they can debark tomorrow night or Sunday AM. Next cruise group's itinerary changed dramatically given the propulsion limitations.

I wonder if travel insurance is even a factor here. The trip wasn't cancelled. It happened as planned. I don't think insurance covers issues that occur during the cruise. And I think I read that these folks were all getting 100% refunds. Changes of itinerary aren't covered by insurance.

I wonder if travel insurance is even a factor here. The trip wasn't cancelled. It happened as planned. I don't think insurance covers issues that occur during the cruise. And I think I read that these folks were all getting 100% refunds. Changes of itinerary aren't covered by insurance.

Not sure if TI covers disruptions as it did not go as planned (missed 2 ports). Yes, they are getting a 100% future cruise credit (not a refund) and up to $300 for changes on airfare per my contacts onboard. She docked about an hour ago without incident. Yay!

You can bet that the cruise line's engineers along with the propulsion company's engineers were staged at Port Canaveral to get onboard immediately, today.

Not sure if TI covers disruptions as it did not go as planned (missed 2 ports).
If it was a 7-day cruise that lasted 7 days, I don't think insurance would come into play. Every cruise comes with the caveat that the itinerary is subject to change for any reason and there is no compensation for that.

Now if the ship had been unable to sail after the accident in San Juan and they had to disembark and get home from there, then insurance would definitely have kicked in.

If it was a 7-day cruise that lasted 7 days, I don't think insurance would come into play. Every cruise comes with the caveat that the itinerary is subject to change for any reason and there is no compensation for that.

Now if the ship had been unable to sail after the accident in San Juan and they had to disembark and get home from there, then insurance would definitely have kicked in.

I think you're 100% correct regarding itinerary changes. However, I was thinking of TI to cover certain unexpected events (such as an accident to the embarkation port or emergency evacuation via helicopter/etc.). So if I extrapolate this line of thinking further to someone that might have say an anxiety disorder, and they encountered this situation, a medical emergency might have a higher probability. I know it's thin rationale, but is possible. Emotions were definitely elevated on this cruise.

Perhaps another question is are there different tiers of TI that would cover said events? Naturally, I would expect the premium to be higher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!