Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

:) Dh is doing well on journey. This morning, the 2 of walked around the floor/lobby alone with his oxygen tank. The nurse said no to trying stairs yet. DH should be changing to a regular room today...it might be 2 nights. He has to improve his lung function before he is home.

Our primary doctor called me this afternoon to check on him after I wrote a letter to her about his medical emergency and why he could not respond to her personally. The rivalry between the blues goes beyond the sports.
Sending healing light your way!

On this first day of Fleet Week, I'd like to share my excitement. Being a Navy vet, and having worked in Emergency Management (later to include Homeland Security) during 9/11, I am always ecstatic being able to see any of our military in action, and watching the ships come up the Hudson when I've been able to has always been a huge, proud but emotional, thing for me.

This year I'm even MORE excited! I have booked a luncheon cruise tomorrow to see the ships from a different perspective. The tour also goes past the Statue of Liberty, and the Freedom Tower, both of which will have me in proud, patriotic tears, I'm sure! I also found out the USS New York will be at Pier 88, the "cruise ship pier" next to the Intrepid, in NYC. The New York was started shortly after 9/11, and contains quite a bit of salvaged steel from there. A LOT of towns in Northeastern NJ have pieces of steel in memorials, and I've been to/touched a lot of them. I've also been to Ground Zero several times. Again - proudly emotional. I'm also VERY happy the boat cruise I'm doing is handicapped accessible, so I can still be able to do it, and also not have to tear up my shoulder any further by having to use just a cane.

Anchors Aweigh!!:smickey:

Last edited:
Saw a "Mouse" mobile while shopping on 5th Ave. spending this week in Naples. Not sure it fits with the clientele (especially with the #23 race edition Maserati). Surprised there was no Disney store on 5th Avenue as this is a prime location in terms of affluent shopping?!?! Although, we did see a Subway.

DSCF0111.JPG DSCF0117.JPG

On this first day of Fleet Week, I'd like to share my excitement. Being a Navy vet, and having worked in Emergency Management (later to include Homeland Security) during 9/11, I am always ecstatic being able to see any of our military in action, and watching the ships come up the Hudson when I've been able to has always been a huge, proud but emotional, thing for me.

This year I'm even MORE excited! I have booked a luncheon cruise tomorrow to see the ships from a different perspective. The tour also goes past the Statue of Liberty, and the Freedom Tower, both of which will have me in proud, patriotic tears, I'm sure! I also found out the USS New York will be at Pier 88, the "cruise ship pier" next to the Intrepid, in NYC. The New York was started shortly after 9/11, and contains quite a bit of salvaged steel from there. A LOT of towns in Northeastern NJ have pieces of steel in memorials, and I've been to/touched a lot of them. I've also been to Ground Zero several times. Again - proudly emotional. I'm also VERY happy the boat cruise I'm doing is handicapped accessible, so I can still be able to do it, and also not have to tear up my shoulder any further by having to use just a cane.

Just have to comment - day was awesome! Spectacular views (patriotic music played while EXTREMELY close to Lady Liberty & Freedom Tower, with other music thrown in, all great!), good food, fantastic staff. Wrote the company a wonderful "thank you" email, left a glowing review on Trip Advisor. Best part of day was making lifetime memories with one of my besties!! And yes - I cried. Openly and unashamedly. :)

Sorry for the delay in update---our phone/internet service was out for a couple of days...

:yay: NC Beast came home yesterday. He is doing pretty 1 week after his event. Tell the story of his homecoming after the boards come back up.

He is cleared to go back to work already.

I miss the events of the Naval Academy...seeing the grads and their families...hearing the Herdon monument climb time/traditions (hoping I remember the name of it right...been a long time).

So I tried to get DH on board with going on a cruise for our anniversary. He made a comment that we COULD stop at Disneyland on our way back. I replied we could just GO to Disneyland for our anniversary. And now I am currently in negotiations with my parents to watch the kids so we can go!!!!! :cool1:
I hope you get a nice getaway and a break from the kids.

We are not planning to do much for his birthday next week and our anniversary in July (23 years so half my life), but we are leaning towards fall since it would be hard to do Disney on either coast with his fluid restrictions plus keeping to a 2000mg (less is best) sodium in the summer heat.
Dh is doing okay with the past week highs in the 90s. He had a good first night back to work and no coffee was needed to keep his energy up. Thursday---first post hospital visit with the cardio office with hopefully some good hints for a new primary. He is going to be hearing the plan for his Cardio rehab and more appointments. I have him on a restriction of no walking the dog on the leash until he is father along in his recovery since she pulls hard sometimes on her lead even though she is barely 35 pound range. Dh's mom went to the ER the other day for a fast heartbeat and she drove herself even though she has a lot of family and friends within minutes. I keep on telling her to call 911 or get someone nearby to drive her to help....plus I remind her last week that DH was like her in doing the wrong thing in driving. We don't know what is wrong this time with her heart, but this is an issue for at least a month. I'm not sure when we can fly to her yet for a short visit and I don't want her to fly if she is still having issues.

I hope you get a nice getaway and a break from the kids.

We are not planning to do much for his birthday next week and our anniversary in July (23 years so half my life), but we are leaning towards fall since it would be hard to do Disney on either coast with his fluid restrictions plus keeping to a 2000mg (less is best) sodium in the summer heat.
Dh is doing okay with the past week highs in the 90s. He had a good first night back to work and no coffee was needed to keep his energy up. Thursday---first post hospital visit with the cardio office with hopefully some good hints for a new primary. He is going to be hearing the plan for his Cardio rehab and more appointments. I have him on a restriction of no walking the dog on the leash until he is father along in his recovery since she pulls hard sometimes on her lead even though she is barely 35 pound range. Dh's mom went to the ER the other day for a fast heartbeat and she drove herself even though she has a lot of family and friends within minutes. I keep on telling her to call 911 or get someone nearby to drive her to help....plus I remind her last week that DH was like her in doing the wrong thing in driving. We don't know what is wrong this time with her heart, but this is an issue for at least a month. I'm not sure when we can fly to her yet for a short visit and I don't want her to fly if she is still having issues.
Thank you. Negotiations with my parents are going very well. :cool1: So glad to hear your DH is doing better. Some people are so stubborn about resting. I hope his mom remembers to let others help. My MIL is is so stubborn sometimes. Love her, but she thinks she can handle everything without help.

Continued healing light being sent for your DH, @NC Belle !

And hoping you can get that wonderful kids-free trip to DL, @superme80 ! That must be your Mother's Day good Karma payback for the Lego Hotel! ;)

Last edited:
Well, looks like no cruise this year to Cuba due to the travel restrictions placed today. I'm fine with that as it really gnawed at me for several reasons. Booked a trip to the Eastern Caribbean this fall/winter as I've never been to any of those islands.

In separate news, a new water park is opening in Orlando this week (Island H20 Live) and is very cost effective (especially for the AP). I am not a water park fan, but for the price I'd consider a visit. It is social media themed and you earn points for the number of times you ride a slide/attraction; apparently you accumulate points for things like ice cream, etc.

Well, looks like no cruise this year to Cuba due to the travel restrictions placed today. I'm fine with that as it really gnawed at me for several reasons. Booked a trip to the Eastern Caribbean this fall/winter as I've never been to any of those islands.

In separate news, a new water park is opening in Orlando this week (Island H20 Live) and is very cost effective (especially for the AP). I am not a water park fan, but for the price I'd consider a visit. It is social media themed and you earn points for the number of times you ride a slide/attraction; apparently you accumulate points for things like ice cream, etc.
I was just starting tell dh about this resort area when you posted. It is near a Publix and the back way to AKL/AK.

I was just starting tell dh about this resort area when you posted. It is near a Publix and the back way to AKL/AK.

Yep, and they are studying that area to add, you guessed it, a toll booth. I believe it is adjacent to Margaritaville.

Actually drove over today to visit the area today. The water park is very large and is lined with palm trees outside (didn't go in). There is plenty of parking and you can easily walk from Margaritaville. The whole area is just now taking root as I did see Ford's Garage (eatery, below)

, an England/UK restaurant and several other smaller dining establishments. There is also a new dine-grill-movie complex with some beautiful walkways lining the street. In addition, I did see Gloria Estafan's restaurant on the corner, but it is in the early stages of construction.

We'll be back, but when it's cooler and more of the stores/shops are online.

Last edited:
Actually drove over today to visit the area today. The water park is very large and is lined with palm trees outside (didn't go in). There is plenty of parking and you can easily walk from Margaritaville. The whole area is just now taking root as I did see Ford's Garage (eatery), an England/UK restaurant and several other smaller dining establishments. There is also a new dine-grill-movie complex with some beautiful walkways lining the street. In addition, I did see Gloria Estafan's restaurant on the corner, but it is in the early stages of construction.

We'll be back, but when it's cooler and more of the stores/shops are online.
Friends of ours who live down there ate at Ford's recently and said it was quite good. And their pictures looked really nice. We'll probably give it a try when we go in August.

As for the idea of putting tolls on 192 somehow I don't have a clue how they would accomplish that. It is not limited access. It's a highly congested commercial road lined with shops and restaurants and a cross street every block or two. I'd love to see that proposal.

Friends of ours who live down there ate at Ford's recently and said it was quite good. And their pictures looked really nice. We'll probably give it a try when we go in August.

As for the idea of putting tolls on 192 somehow I don't have a clue how they would accomplish that. It is not limited access. It's a highly congested commercial road lined with shops and restaurants and a cross street every block or two. I'd love to see that proposal.

Ford's Garage is also in the river district in Fort Meyers (I think this is the original). I'm actually eyeing up Rock and Brew right in the area of 192/Margaritaville as well; I hear their food is remarkable and reasonably priced.

Agree that 192 would be quite a challenge, but my root question is how is it that they think adding tolls would lessen congestion? Dispursing the congestion via tolls to spread out the traffic flow is not the solution in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts