Up Close with Rhinos-New Experience at AK

My phone disconnected after 45 minutes on hold :eek: so had to start all over but finally made it through and booked for November 1! Can’t wait!

I was on hold for 1 hour 12 mins before I somehow got cut off. Now I’m back on hold, but not hopeful that we will get it, as I want 1st or 2nd Nov. This is so frustrating - there must be a better way of doing this. If Ticketmaster’s site can cope with selling event tickets to frenzied masses, I don’t understand why Disney can’t.

Edit: We got booked for 2nd Nov, and they still had spaces on 1st Nov too. Also, if anyone else was like me and didn’t know what time it was on, it’s 11am. Very exciting!

Last edited:
I just called to book for 12/25 and the reservations for that day has not been loaded yet. The CM just said to call back every day to check.

We booked ours first thing this morning for 1/3. On hold for half an hour. I cried when I first read about it and it said you might get the opportunity to touch a rhino. That was it for me, I was so excited :rotfl:

I was on hold for 1 hour 12 mins before I somehow got cut off. Now I’m back on hold, but not hopeful that we will get it, as I want 1st or 2nd Nov. This is so frustrating - there must be a better way of doing this. If Ticketmaster’s site can cope with selling event tickets to frenzied masses, I don’t understand why Disney can’t.

Edit: We got booked for 2nd Nov, and they still had spaces on 1st Nov too. Also, if anyone else was like me and didn’t know what time it was on, it’s 11am. Very exciting!

I was frustrated too because I got disconnected and wanted Nov 1. Glad we both got what we wanted in the end !

I just booked for Dec 14th. They told me they only allow 14 people per day. We are there for 12 nights in December and this was the only day available. Don't wait to book if you want to experience this! I'm so excited about this experience!

I'm trying to decide if I should book this for March. So much of this trip is up in the air and I don't know if I should commit yet.

Does anyone know if they're booking that far out yet?

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...sday-get-up-close-with-rhinos-starting-nov-1/

Starting Nov. 1, this 60-minute guided adventure will give guests a behind-the-scenes look at how our dedicated animal team cares for the white rhinos on Kilimanjaro Safaris and how Disney is helping save endangered rhinos in the wild. As part of this intimate experience, guests may even get a chance to touch a rhino. It is an appreciation like no other, and we hope it will inspire our guests to aid in their conservation.

One tour of “Up Close with Rhinos” will be offered each day. The booking window for the one-hour experience opens Sept. 22, which is World Rhino Day. Guests must be at least 4 years old to participate, and the cost is $40 (plus tax). Discounts are available to select passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members. To make a reservation, call 407-WDW-PLAY.
I called precisely at 7am the first morning of reservations being accepted. I waited on hold for 58 minutes. I did get a ressie for the day I wanted, but, c’mon Disney, you can do better.

I called Saturday morning and booked for December 23rd...only had to sit on hold for 35 minutes, too! Really can't wait for this experience. :)

I called Saturday afternoon when I remembered that the tour opened up for booking. I had no wait getting through to reserve. The original date I requested was booked so we chose the next day (December). I just had to shuffle around our Boma breakfast reservation. I'm thinking of doing Caring for Giants the same day at 9:30 am. We've already done Wild Africa Trek (which we'd like to repeat in the future), but I would love to do these on the same day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter