upcoming Biergarten dining review :)

I am also looking forward to this. I go in the summer months and have a somewhat sensitive stomach so I have avoided it by looking at the menu alone. (This eliminates quite a few restaurants for me!)

Perhaps they have more mild options which the group will talk about!

I am always fascinated when this restaurant comes up. So many people put off by the shared seating. It has seems to me a wonderful way to get to know other Disney travelers. ONE meal out of many on your trip to learn about total strangers who have at least one thing in common; Disney.

I think a lot has to do with personalities. talking to people stresses me out (or at the very least initiating conversation with people does - I think comes from how I was raised to not be a bother to others) so while on vacation I don't want to put myself in stressful situations

DH & I have an AP for our trip in July. He was born in Germany, & still has a brother who lives there. I can't wait to bring him, he's never been to Disneyworld, just Disneyland.
We will celebrate our 4 year "meeting" anniversary at Biergarten!
Can't wait for the review

Last edited:

I usually do fine with talking to strangers while at Disney. That is part of the reason I always enjoy eating at Teppan Edo. I just think I was caught off-guard when my friend and I ate here that I didn't realize we would be seated with other people. I also didn't do any research into the restaurant since my friend made the decision to eat here...I still enjoyed the meal and the music. It was definitely just awkward sitting with others when you weren't expecting it.

I've never seen, nor used MDE, which is why I'm asking if they don't indicate anywhere in there that Biergarten is communal seating? I know "back in the day" when I was going, I had to call 407-WDW-DINE to make ressies, and was reading a guidebook on places to go, usually Birnbaum's. Both when I called, and when I read the guidebook, they were very specific to tell you it was communal seating (I remember Sehlinger's Unofficial did also). I'm just curious to know how people are "unaware", unless MDE doesn't make that clear?

@samsteele also pointed out something I failed to mention - the "uncomfortableness" of having not desirable tablemates is usually only an issue during intermissions of the band. When they're playing, it's next to impossible to have a conversation with ANYBODY, even yelling. I remember a time I've eaten quickly, and gotten out before the next intermission. Not my preferred way to enjoy a meal I've waited and paid handsomely for, but I only remember one HORRIBLE family I was forced to sit with, and I was alone, so had no "buffer".

I loved the food and the atmosphere at Biergarten, but I quit going once I found out that you have to keep your shirt on if you're going to dance along with the band.

I know "back in the day" when I was going, I had to call 407-WDW-DINE to make ressies, and was reading a guidebook on places to go, usually Birnbaum's.

Age alert...I remember when you went inside of EPCOT to a kiosk and there were reservation agents via camera/television.

I found Biergarten completely enjoyable (and I can throttle up/down my social meter). But, every time I go to that pavilion I can't help but look at that outside wall and think why didn't they make/finish the Rhine river ride?

Reactions: GAN
I've never seen, nor used MDE, which is why I'm asking if they don't indicate anywhere in there that Biergarten is communal seating? I know "back in the day" when I was going, I had to call 407-WDW-DINE to make ressies, and was reading a guidebook on places to go, usually Birnbaum's. Both when I called, and when I read the guidebook, they were very specific to tell you it was communal seating (I remember Sehlinger's Unofficial did also). I'm just curious to know how people are "unaware", unless MDE doesn't make that clear?

Here is the description at My Disney Experience - I will say I had to expand the section to see the part that mentioned "communal, biergarten-style tables" so it isn't like it flashes at you how the seating is .. but pretty minimal research to find it (but non-zero research)

Boisterous German Buffet
Be transported to a traditional Bavarian village as you feast on German fare to the oompah beat of a lively band.

At communal, biergarten-style tables, enjoy such rotating buffet selections as bratwurst, rotisserie chicken, pork schnitzel and a variety of salads. Save room for Bavarian cheesecake and hand-pulled apple strudel, made fresh daily!

Polka on down to the dance floor, or simply relax in the twilit atmosphere and raise a stein to over 200 years of Oktoberfest celebrations. Guests 21 years of age and up can enjoy a slew of German beers and wines.

Entertainment is subject to change. Reservations are recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit.

I realize not everyone would know this, but a traditional German beer garden is communal seating so it should come as no surprise that Biergarten in Epcot would be the same way. We have three traditional German restaurants in my local area - all of which have communal seating. If you have a Hofbrauhaus in your town, that also has communal seating. Same thing.

DH and I don't love the communal seating, but we do love the food and atmosphere at Biergarten. Last trip we were a party of 7 so it worked perfectly for us to have our own table. On a prior trip, DH and I were crammed between another couple who was 30 years our senior, and a family of 4 who did not speak English. That time was a little awkward, but still worth it to experience the food and restaurant.

I had dinner at Biergarten 2 years ago and had a good experience. At first, I was a bit put off by the community style seating but luckily we shared our table with a wonderful family from Texas. We ended up enjoying their company quite a lot.

The food is good too. Ganted, this is no a michelin star restaurant, and german food might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I thought the food was good.

Give it a shot! Hope you have the best time :)

Age alert...I remember when you went inside of EPCOT to a kiosk and there were reservation agents via camera/television.

I found Biergarten completely enjoyable (and I can throttle up/down my social meter). But, every time I go to that pavilion I can't help but look at that outside wall and think why didn't they make/finish the Rhine river ride?
Oh - you just brought back an embarrassing moment. I HAD to be the brave one that pushed the button, and made the CM appear, then had a panic attack, ran away, and hid behind the screen once they did. Yeah - I was "THAT person". :o:duck:

Just popping in to report that we really enjoyed Biergarten tonight. From the salads, the brats, chicken, schnitzel, and the pork loin ...everything was excellent! Desserts as well. No issues with the community seating -actually had a couple Disney employees and another couple and we had a great time -my kids(24 & 20) were a little put off at first since i didn’t “warn” them, but they warmed up to it and enjoyed themselves as well. If you enjoy beer, you’ll open up after a couple zicke zacke hoi hoi hoi’s. The entertainment was as I remember(been about 25-years) -really enjoyable and quite talented. So go hoist a couple. Just keep your shirts on.....

Just popping in to report that we really enjoyed Biergarten tonight. From the salads, the brats, chicken, schnitzel, and the pork loin ...everything was excellent! Desserts as well. No issues with the community seating -actually had a couple Disney employees and another couple and we had a great time -my kids(24 & 20) were a little put off at first since i didn’t “warn” them, but they warmed up to it and enjoyed themselves as well. If you enjoy beer, you’ll open up after a couple zicke zacke hoi hoi hoi’s. The entertainment was as I remember(been about 25-years) -really enjoyable and quite talented. So go hoist a couple. Just keep your shirts on.....
Oh, so nice to hear you had a great time, @GAN ! Thanx for letting us know! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Reactions: GAN
Hope Pete had a great time in California.... waiting patiently for his dining review on Biergarten..... patiently waiting. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!