Upcoming Ireland trip ?

hockey mom

<font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at
Hi all..𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐝𝐚 and we have have a trip to Ireland booked for sept 25. What do you think our chances are of being able to take it.? I know nobody has a crystal ball but just curious how restrictions are progressing there. Thank you.

Are you flying to Ireland or Northern Ireland? that will make a difference because the UK put in place quarantine from 8 June, Ireland is a separate country so not necessarily under the same rules.

My personal opinion is that the two weeks imposed quarantine on arrival to the UK will disappear quickly, there is already a lot of criticism about it. Flights probably will open up, some will be flying from this month and next and flights are still landing at the moment albeit at a reduced volume.

I think you'll be fine but social distancing and masks etc. will likely still be needed in some circumstances. Ireland is beautiful, not sure if it's your first time but so green. I lived in the north near the Giants Causeway for a couple of years and the beaches were lush. My only complaint is that the Whiskey is better in Scotland :rotfl2: Hope your trip goes ahead!

wvaes hi from Dublin :)

Ireland is due to start phase 2 of reopening on Monday 8 June, where our travel limit is due to extend from 5km to 20 km for non essential travel. We are still in shutdown for most sectors, bars, restaurants, shops, hotels and most tourist places are all still closed.

Most business in Ireland are requiring facemasks / coverings , airlines and airports and hotels require temperature checks. Many business have been hit hard here by the lockdown especially in the tourism and hospitality sector. Hotels and pubs are only reopening in July 20, restaurants are reopening in June. Many in the hospitality sector may not reopen.

Phase 5 August 10 is when non essential international travel can resume, both people from outside of Ireland coming here and Irish people leaving Ireland.

Currently we have a mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone who arrives into Ireland.

HOWEVER

There is a growing public and political opinion that the travel restrictions should be lifted.

By September I would say that you should be ok to travel here. I have a Disney cruise departing from Dover, England booked for September and unless Disney cancels it, I expect to to travel to England and to go on the cruise.

Just make sure you keep checking hotels and places you plan to visit websites for new procedures and policies.

Perfect. Thank you both for the replies. We are flying into Dublin and have two air b and bs currently booked. Really hoping to make this trip.

Don't forget to add two more weeks onto your trip at the end, while the UK might lift their quarantine, Canada isn't messing around and I doubt the PM is going to lift our 14 day quarantine for many months to come. We cancelled our August trip to Orlando from Vancouver ☹ hoping to go to Mexico in Oct but we can't add another two weeks onto it. Ha, maybe we should just go to the UK ;)

wvaes hi from Dublin :)

Ireland is due to start phase 2 of reopening on Monday 8 June, where our travel limit is due to extend from 5km to 20 km for non essential travel. We are still in shutdown for most sectors, bars, restaurants, shops, hotels and most tourist places are all still closed.

Most business in Ireland are requiring facemasks / coverings , airlines and airports and hotels require temperature checks. Many business have been hit hard here by the lockdown especially in the tourism and hospitality sector. Hotels and pubs are only reopening in July 20, restaurants are reopening in June. Many in the hospitality sector may not reopen.

Phase 5 August 10 is when non essential international travel can resume, both people from outside of Ireland coming here and Irish people leaving Ireland.

Currently we have a mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone who arrives into Ireland.

HOWEVER

There is a growing public and political opinion that the travel restrictions should be lifted.

By September I would say that you should be ok to travel here. I have a Disney cruise departing from Dover, England booked for September and unless Disney cancels it, I expect to to travel to England and to go on the cruise.

Just make sure you keep checking hotels and places you plan to visit websites for new procedures and policies.

Any updates on Ireland Tink? Will you get your cruise in this Fall?

Any updates on Ireland Tink? Will you get your cruise in this Fall?

Ireland is being very cautious with reopening. Non essential international travel is still technically banned. Most business have reopened but with big changes. Bars can only open if they serve food and there is a time limit and minimum spend. Many small bars are still closed as are many clubs, and large gatherings are still banned.

My September 2020 DCL cruise was cancelled but I have rebooked for September 2021. I rescheduled my June California trip to October 2020, still hopeful that I will be able to travel. I don't have to make a decision about that until the start of October.

Face covering are now mandatory on all public transport and in shops and enclosed spaces.

Perfect. Thank you both for the replies. We are flying into Dublin and have two air b and bs currently booked. Really hoping to make this trip.

Any update on your trip? Are you still planning to come here? Ireland has now published a Green List of countries. This means that anyone travelling from these countries do not have to quarantine for 14 days. Currently today 30 July Canada is not on this list https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/8868e-view-the-covid-19-travel-advice-list/

You need to keep a check on this list as it will be revised regularly. If Canada is not on the list by the time you plan to travel you will have to quarantine for 14 days and you will have to fill out a passenger locator form.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter