Upcoming Polynesian Changes ?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
I read that there are some upcoming changes coming to the Poly. Anyone hear any scoop about what that will be?

Last edited:
They're adding another layer of sharp rocks to the beach, and are increasing the height of the razorwire fences around the bungalows. But seriously Tikiman said something about surveyors so probably DVC as Rteetz says.

The beach used to be really nice, still upset about losing that.

Is it tikiman that's been insisting for years that ceremonial house needs demolishing and rebuilding from the ground up?

Never gonna happen.

The speculation/rumor is that they will be adding Moana IP theming to the Poly. Also a new building(s) which should be DVC, but they have too many associations for sale currently, so it may not happen soon.

The speculation/rumor is that they will be adding Moana IP theming to the Poly. Also a new building(s) which should be DVC, but they have too many associations for sale currently, so it may not happen soon.
Except that one is one they have a HUGE waiting list for, so they may try to force something through. Isn't the old Lilo & Stitch building not in use anymore? Possible transformation of that???

Except that one is one they have a HUGE waiting list for, so they may try to force something through. Isn't the old Lilo & Stitch building not in use anymore? Possible transformation of that???

I don’t believe the waiting list is really a thing there. During a recent visit to a DVC guide, points were available, and while I realise availability fluctuates, there were a
significant number available to be bought.

Waiting lists are in place at VGF, BCV, GCH.

Last edited:
I don’t believe the waiting list is really a thing there. During a recent visit to a DVC guide, points were available, and while I realise availability fluctuates, there were a significant number available to be bought.
I think the only DVC that is truly hard to buy into is Grand Californian. I'm wondering if they will stick to the studio units. I do wish they had some two bedrooms that weren't expensive bungalows.

I think the only DVC that is truly hard to buy into is Grand Californian. I'm wondering if they will stick to the studio units. I do wish they had some two bedrooms that weren't expensive bungalows.

Definitely. They won’t accept people onto the GC waitlist any longer. So unless you want to buy resale there you won’t be buying!

On the topic of this thread, I’d be sad to see Poly under such heavy construction so soon after the last refurbishment.

Definitely. They won’t accept people onto the GC waitlist any longer. So unless you want to buy resale there you won’t be buying!

On the topic of this thread, I’d be sad to see Poly under such heavy construction so soon after the last refurbishment.
Hopefully it won't happen until after my stay in Feb!

Hopefully it won't happen until after my stay in Feb!

And my stay in July. There were no mentions of upcoming construction at my DVC meeting - surely if it were imminent they’d be obliged to make any potential owners/add-ons aware as it could change the resort hugely?

If/when it happens I could see new buildings going where Pago Pago is now, as well as on the site of the Luau.

Before DVC, there were maps showing up on the internet with 2 high rises, one where Pago Pago is now and one over by the Luau. Those were scrapped by the time DVC was officially announced. I don't think they could tear down Pago Pago because owners have deeds for that building but they could add a building or convert an existing one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter