UPDATED 01/14/20 - The FW DISMeet 2020-See Post #283 For Latest News and Updates

Here is how our week+ is mapped out right now. (Not sure I like having to decide what park I'm going to this early, but I guess it was the same with FP, except FP could be changed on the fly)

Arrive Thursday Oct 8th (This is a change from the original October 3rd) No park plans

Friday Oct 9- MK
Saturday Oct 10- HS
Sunday Oct 11- AK
Monday Oct 12- Hang at FW, Meet-n-Greet, maybe DS
Tuesday Oct 13- HS (2 tries for RotR is hopefully enough to get a boarding group)
Wednesday Oct 14- AK
Thursday Oct 15- EPCOT
Friday Oct 16- MK
Saturday Oct 17- Head home

When I reserved parks yesterday, all parks were available for every day. I'm not sure how long that will last, but it does give the opportunity to rearrange dates right now.

Next up, August 9th- FP and ADR window.

j

Next up, August 9th- FP and ADR window.

j

No FastPass during these COVID times, Teamubr.

Covid-Fastpass.PNG

It's gonna be an old school visit like when I went to MK in the late 70s. Stand in line and wait with everybody else.

Will be interesting to watch the wait times on the MDE app. I looked at them yesterday during the first AP preview day - 7DMT was nearly 2 hours, Jungle Cruise 70 minutes, most 30-40. Didn't look at the other parks, only MK.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

It's gonna be an old school visit like when I went to MK in the late 70s. Stand in line and wait with everybody else.
Thanks Ed. I obviously missed that one. At first I was excited thinking the regular lines may finally move, but then I saw your last sentence about the wait times in MK. Hopefully October will be settled down to "slower" season numbers, but I doubt it.

At least now I just have to focus on the California Grill resi I've never been able to get.

j

View attachment 508215

Will be interesting to watch the wait times on the MDE app. I looked at them yesterday during the first AP preview day - 7DMT was nearly 2 hours, Jungle Cruise 70 minutes, most 30-40. Didn't look at the other parks, only MK.

Bama Ed
Was just talking to my wife who is on goodness knows how many various FB and other Disney groups, and according to her (of course this is only second hand from people who were there and posting), people who were in the parks were saying the MDE times were not accurate at all, and had mentioned their longest wait time being 25 mins for 7DMT... of course, unless there are people posting experiences from that location continuously throughout the day covering all hours, it is possible that those times were correct at some point...

This may be of use to the group regarding park reservations. Being passholders I had previously booked park days for Aug 13 &14. The 14th showed no passes for HS at that time so I booked AK. Well I decided to reserve Pop Century yesterday since they offered a passholder discount and I always wanted to stay there anyway. Today I called and was told that for people with hotel reservations all parks were open on both my days. Happy me I was able to get HS. So we're staying at Pop and going to MK on Thursday and HS on Friday. Super fast 3 day I'm tired of Covid 19 Disney run.

The 14th showed no passes for HS at that time so I booked AK. Well I decided to reserve Pop Century yesterday since they offered a passholder discount and I always wanted to stay there anyway. Today I called and was told that for people with hotel reservations all parks were open on both my days. Happy me I was able to get HS.

Flametamr, looking at the park pass availability for the first two full weeks of July that the theme parks will be open, there is a lot of yellow for both off-site and on-site guests using tickets (yellow for partial availability). And the only park that is full is Hollywood Studios (triggering the yellow) so I guess HS is not taking any more reservations those two weeks. I can't see the AP calendar but I hear you saying it may be even more restricted (no yellow yet in August at all for on/off-site guests with tickets).

I think it was smart to book the resort on a discount with 2-day tickets if you want to ride RotR. August in a mask, though, you're a better man than I am!

Post some pictures after you get back. Glad to hear you're doing this.

Bama Ed

PS - and after you're back maybe you can give us a readout on what we should expect in October.

Last edited:

Well, I had to cancel our late Aug trip today:(, but I'll be there in Oct come hail or high water. (or hurricane):car::crutches:

With doing two weeks in Oct a week in Aug was a bit much. Plus DW has problems with the Aug heat sometimes and then add a mask ... better to cancel I think.

Well, I had to cancel our late Aug trip today:(, but I'll be there in Oct come hail or high water. (or hurricane):car::crutches:

With doing two weeks in Oct a week in Aug was a bit much. Plus DW has problems with the Aug heat sometimes and then add a mask ... better to cancel I think.

Dave, I have problems with the August heat in Central Florida too (unless I'm in the shade all the time with a fan blowing on me. :rolleyes: ). If you look at my signature there is NOT a June-July-August-September trip in there at all. Not me no way no how.

I look forward to seeing you in October.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Well after much discussion with the DW, and with sorrow and deep regrets, we are probably cancelling the Oct trip. Disney has discontinued a lot of what we were planning on doing, so the DW and I decided the 3 1/2 day, 1500 mile trip was just not going to be worth the time and fuel. Will really miss being at the Get together. We are going to see if we can move the reservations to Oct 2021 when they open that time frame up so it's just a wait and see.

Well after much discussion with the DW, and with sorrow and deep regrets, we are probably cancelling the Oct trip. Disney has discontinued a lot of what we were planning on doing, so the DW and I decided the 3 1/2 day, 1500 mile trip was just not going to be worth the time and fuel. Will really miss being at the Get together. We are going to see if we can move the reservations to Oct 2021 when they open that time frame up so it's just a wait and see.

I'm disappointed you aren't coming, rajak, but I understand completely.

Hope there is another chance in the future to shake your hand and say hello.

Bama Ed

As we get closer to the trip, here's a reminder that Dining ADR's changed from 180 days before arrival to 60 days which you probably knew. But a a resort guest you can still book +10 days PAST THAT on your arrival day.

So once you hit 60 days before your Fort arrival, you can book ADR's out to 70 days in advance. I plan to do this.

Here is the Disney statement regarding 60+10: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/reservation-window/advance-reservations/

Bama Ed

PS - for me, arrival (10/10/20) minus 60 is August 11 but I can book out for my full stay (only 8 days :sad: )

Last edited:
Well let's see, had ordered gaiters for the October trip, banned by Disney, ordered new masks with filters for DW and I, and Disney bans masks with valves. Right now, this trip looks like it will not be happening for us. I am not going to play this game of I need to change what I am packing every damn day. Gaiter order was cancelled before it shipped so we were good. Not a happy camper right now.......

Chris,

While I have Disney and Cardinal Baseball masks that are Disney legal, Donna and I still prefer the disposable (and cheap) ones you can get at your hardware store or Walgreens/CVS. They are lighter and much nicer in hot weather. We use them multiple times until they get dirty or the elastic starts to stretch.

j

Chris,

While I have Disney and Cardinal Baseball masks that are Disney legal, Donna and I still prefer the disposable (and cheap) ones you can get at your hardware store or Walgreens/CVS. They are lighter and much nicer in hot weather. We use them multiple times until they get dirty or the elastic starts to stretch.

j

I'll second your opinion, Teamubr.

When the mask thing started months ago, I got DW and I some nice cloth masks with the Crimson Tide elephant embroidered on a corner. Cute mask and good for being seen in it but honestly the disposable are lighter and breath easier.

Just waiting now for the ADR window to come up soon. I might be on the road the morning it opens but will have my wish list ready nonetheless.

Bama Ed

I'm still waiting on 'Ohana and Trails End to say they'll be open. That will be a deal breaker for us since that was our highlight. No parks this trip. Dinners and looping, pool and getting to meet whomever from the DIS that's left.

I'm still waiting on 'Ohana and Trails End to say they'll be open. That will be a deal breaker for us since that was our highlight. No parks this trip. Dinners and looping, pool and getting to meet whomever from the DIS that's left.

You might just BARELY make it, Don.

According to this story recently on the DIS, Adjusted Resort Opening Dates the Poly is supposed to open on October 4. One would assume that they wouldn't open Ohana (restaurant) until the Poly itself (resort/rooms) is open. I would think as the signature restaurant of the Poly, Ohana would open for business at the same time as the resort (which could be a bad assumption on my part).

But in the end, who knows? :confused3

Bama Ed

PS - the DVC side of the Poly (which are open) probably does not have enough volume to support opening the Poly restaurants (counter, table) which I think are closed currently. You need the hotel side up and running to justify restaurants. Hopefully there will be enough room reservations to open food services at the same time along with the rooms opening.

You might just BARELY make it, Don.

According to this story recently on the DIS, Adjusted Resort Opening Dates the Poly is supposed to open on October 4. One would assume that they wouldn't open Ohana (restaurant) until the Poly itself (resort/rooms) is open. I would think as the signature restaurant of the Poly, Ohana would open for business at the same time as the resort (which could be a bad assumption on my part).

But in the end, who knows? :confused3

Bama Ed

PS - the DVC side of the Poly (which are open) probably does not have enough volume to support opening the Poly restaurants (counter, table) which I think are closed currently. You need the hotel side up and running to justify restaurants. Hopefully there will be enough room reservations to open food services at the same time along with the rooms opening.
I'm hoping so Ed. We arrive on Oct 14, and check out on the 19th. I've been watching the forum here on restaurant openings. I could/should check the site for the "official" word but somebody is always updating here as soon as the stuff is released. We had a bad experience with Cape May Café and I was willing to give them another try so looking for their dates as well. I hope that we'll be able to resort hop by then also since that's another favorite.
We're trailering our own cart this time to save the $67 a day. My wife was worried about getting "messed up" so I got a front bumper. Waiting on the receiver hitch and it'll be ready to go.

Nice addition, Don. That bumper should work for the occasional turkey or tree that may get in the way.

We are starting to firm up travel plans. Ian and his friend may fly down. I found one way tickets to MCO for $57. Our arrival date is 10/8, a Thursday. Google says it is 14.5 hours. When I drive straight through on the way home, it typically is 16 - 16.5 with stops. Since I'll be driving on a weekday, I'm trying to avoid Atlanta during rush hour, but it is about 8 hours from here which means leaving really early or really late. I may leave Tuesday night, after work and drive to Clarksville, TN. That is only 4 hours. There is a nice little campground with pull throughs for the over night crowd. I use it a lot when traveling to the SE. I can then leave from there on Wednesday morning and get through Atlanta mid-day and get closer to the Fort on Wednesday afternoon. All this would allow me to arrive to the Fort on the morning of the 8th. Since our sites will be pre-assigned by Ed, I'm hoping that means no waiting for the site to be ready. We don't have any park reservations for the 8th, so no rush to get setup and go.

I may take a 3rd attempt at Lake Louisa SP for Wednesday night. I have to stay there at least once since I've tried so many times and not been able to. (Hurricane in 2017, broken truck in Atlanta- 2018, COVID/conference and multiple change in plans- 2020)

That reminds me, I need to call Kenny and modify our cart reservation...

11 more days before I can try to snag a California Grill reservation!

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!