UPDATED 01/14/20 - The FW DISMeet 2020-See Post #283 For Latest News and Updates

I am of the opinion, serentiygr, that we ask people to commit to attend the Monday kickoff meal (be it afternoon or dinner) as long as it's not mostly in the dark after sunset. Then if people want to plan additional get togethers or dinings like TE, it can be on a smaller ad-hoc basis without necessarily asking 25 groups to make an additional commitment. Make a reservation for 6 at TE on Wednesday night for example and see who can go with you. Or something like that.

I'm also going to do maybe two more attention/interest drives in the coming months to try to fill up our allotment of space. I'm hopeful that since everyone says it's hard to get a campsite that some folks will take a chance and join us for some fun and fellowship in October.

Bama Ed

PS - oh and tiggerdad, we'll need to get a location to host college football viewing at the end of the week for those who will still be there on that Saturday. Santa brought a new 32" HDTV for camping. :happytv: I'm willing if nobody else wants to.

One thing we had discussed back at Gulf State was us keeping a white board sign somewhere in the loop so if we decided to do any impromptu activities for the day we could write them on the board. Josie & I will gladly take this project on if that’s something we want to do :)

Likely it will just be myself and DW going on this trip so at this point we will likely skip on the Halloween party but if enough adults are going she might change her mind.

Josie & I will for sure go to the party! (and as you know we are kidless)

Sorry everyone. I’ve been on travel for work for most of the new year. Barely seen my DW or my own bed. Hoping it’s about to calm down for a few weeks at least.

I was in Orlando for work a few weeks ago and went to Trails End for dinner with one of my friends who’s a cast member. The food was even better than before if you can believe that! Busses were absolutely packed.

It did remind me though just how much I’ve missed the Fort. Miss you all as well. Seeing everyone in October is definitely keeping me going!! Had so much fun with everyone in May. One of the best trips we’ve had.

Just thought I'd drop in and give an update. Couldn't leave during your all's prime time because of work but we will be there Oct. 14th through the 19th so I guess we'll be able to meet a few of you before you pull out. Should be fun!
We'll still have plenty of time for meet and greet. Glad you're joining the fun :thumbsup2

Sorry everyone. I’ve been on travel for work for most of the new year. Barely seen my DW or my own bed. Hoping it’s about to calm down for a few weeks at least.

I was in Orlando for work a few weeks ago and went to Trails End for dinner with one of my friends who’s a cast member. The food was even better than before if you can believe that! Busses were absolutely packed.

It did remind me though just how much I’ve missed the Fort. Miss you all as well. Seeing everyone in October is definitely keeping me going!! Had so much fun with everyone in May. One of the best trips we’ve had.

Arc, I'm supposed to be in Florida next week and hope to hit the Fort briefly for a Trails End (brunch for me) as well like you did. Your dining review has whet my appetite.

Bama Ed

Arc, I'm supposed to be in Florida next week and hope to hit the Fort briefly for a Trails End (brunch for me) as well like you did. Your dining review has whet my appetite.

Bama Ed

It was well worth it! Always loved Trails End but this time they had some really great choices and all super fresh.

My ADR 180-day window is coming up in a week or so and I've got a list of restaurants to try for. I know some of you have earlier check-in days than I do so your window may already be open or approaching really soon.

What restaurants are ya'll already booking or planning to? I tend to lean too much on old favorites so I will probably do more "first times" this trip than old favorites.

Bama Ed

DW wants to try Skipper Canteen this trip. We have also discussed Abracadabar (although not a restaurant) and Jaleo with @garneska

My ADR 180-day window is coming up in a week or so and I've got a list of restaurants to try for. I know some of you have earlier check-in days than I do so your window may already be open or approaching really soon.

What restaurants are ya'll already booking or planning to? I tend to lean too much on old favorites so I will probably do more "first times" this trip than old favorites.

Bama Ed
Trying for 'Ohana, one of our must dos, and Cape May Cafe. Had a bad experience at Cape May but giving them one last try.

8 days to ADR's and I have no idea. Sunday we arrive, Monday is Dismeet, and Thursday we have the Halloween Party. So Tues, Weds, and Friday are open, guess I need to get on the ball and schedule. As we want to hit each park at least once, would like to at least see Batuu, hopefully ride Mickey and Minnie Runaway Train. Rise of the Resistance would be nice, but...that one has been tough. Have never done O'hana, Like doing character breakfasts to get in to park early. That is my big meal of the day, then just snack my way thru.

Definitely Jaleo. I am considering Takumi Tai as well. I just tried to see what is available for oct but site is down.

I tried again this morning. I went to book California Grill Brunch on Oct 11. I could pick a time but then when it went to take the reservation it gives an error. It says to call or try back later. Does anyone know if Disney is actually booking dining reservations? Am curious if it will go away or if they are not letting people book. In any case will keep trying. The two hard to get ressies i am booking is Ca Grille Brunch and then Takumi Tai. I think Jaleo will not be terribly difficult since it is in Disney Springs. @tigger92662 When do you want to book Jaleo? Our site reservation is for Oct 4 but we may change and check in Oct 10 (assuming Disney is open). If we decide Oct 10 to checkin I was going to suggest dinner at Jaleo on Oct 14. If we are both in early (can't remember when you come in) i would probably suggest Thursday Oct 8.

Does anyone know if Disney is actually booking dining reservations?
Kris,

I was able to book ADRs last night for my June trip. I got Cali Grill, Yak & Yeti, Tepan Edo. I looked at Takumi Tai and there was availability. I didn't book it (a little to rich for me, although Wagyu beef is good, I don't know about $120 good.)

For October, I show availability up to Oct 5th.

It let me book it.

Maybe a glitch last night. If you are interested in Sunday Oct 4th at 5pm, I'll modify this one to add you and Bert.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!